Does anyone know when the rest of the 2017 race dates will be released?

Finally added the anniversary dates for the races to the first post. Sorry for the delay.

I'd love more Expo info! What types of merchandise are normally offered, how quickly do things run out, what are the hours (for the WDW Marathon weekend,) etc... I'm a teacher and I'm lucky to even get off on Friday, so we aren't going to make it to the expo until Thursday night at the earliest and I'm worried things will be super picked over.

I'd love more Expo info! What types of merchandise are normally offered, how quickly do things run out, what are the hours (for the WDW Marathon weekend,) etc... I'm a teacher and I'm lucky to even get off on Friday, so we aren't going to make it to the expo until Thursday night at the earliest and I'm worried things will be super picked over.
They offer all sorts of stuff. You have outside vendors that come in plus official race merchandise. Some items sellout on the first day some don't. Jackets and wine glasses are usually hot items. I can do a more comprehensive list of things later.

Any official dates for the 2018 Marathon and Princess weekends? Didn't know if anything was released at the Paris Half Marathon Weekend.

Any official dates for the 2018 Marathon and Princess weekends? Didn't know if anything was released at the Paris Half Marathon Weekend.
You probably have to wait another week or two. Last year schedules were released on October 7th which is the first Wednesday of October so I would say we could see them as early as the 5th or as late as whenever runDisney remembers to post them.

You probably have to wait another week or two. Last year schedules were released on October 7th which is the first Wednesday of October so I would say we could see them as early as the 5th or as late as whenever runDisney remembers to post them.

Yeah I figured I might be a bit early. I know rD usually has info on those two events by W&D or Avengers. I have a good guess as to what the dates will most likely be, but I just want to know the official dates so I can start planning my next Disney trip!

Thanks for the info!

If this is wrong thread, please move. Half of my race party will arrive for the Princess Weekend on Friday night. Unfortunately, they will not get to the Expo in time to pick up their bibs before the Expo closes. What are their options to get their bibs before they race Saturday morning?

If this is wrong thread, please move. Half of my race party will arrive for the Princess Weekend on Friday night. Unfortunately, they will not get to the Expo in time to pick up their bibs before the Expo closes. What are their options to get their bibs before they race Saturday morning?
Only option is "emergency bib pick-up" at the runner information tent the morning of the race - this is unadvertised and not guaranteed, but I doubt it'll go away (it's there in case flights get delayed or whatever).

Make sure they bring their signed waiver and ID. They'd need to go to the expo later to get their race shirts.

Only option is "emergency bib pick-up" at the runner information tent the morning of the race - this is unadvertised and not guaranteed, but I doubt it'll go away (it's there in case flights get delayed or whatever).

I wouldn't depend on this being an option. Sure, it may still be offered, but if it isn't, the friends of the OP are out of luck. I recommend they schedule their flights to allow them to get to the expo in time to pick up their bibs.

The line for the "information tent" where purported emergency bib pick-up was located was over 150 people deep on Saturday at Princess this weekend, and this was at 5:15 a.m. - so, roughly 15 minutes before corral A started.

Out of all the RD race weekends I've done this year, this was by far the longest line I'd seen for the information tent - it was weaving all the way back to the entrance to the corrals ... that's how ridiculously long it was.

If your friends choose to go this option, they will need to get there as early as possible (I'm talking like 3:30 a.m.), be prepared to wait in line and then, ultimately, be prepared to be told they're out of luck.

This year Dark Side had a packet pickup option where you could have your packet delivered to the hotel and pick it up when you arrive. We haven't had any WDW races since then but it came out about 2-3 weeks before the event and it's possible that it might be offered again (Wine & Dine and Marathon Weekend will be telling). I would suggest if earlier flights are an option for them to take it but if not and this service is available (at Dark Side it was a $40 fee) to take it because it's a much safer option than using emergency pick-up on Princess Weekend.

If it's not possible and you end up in that line get there ASAP as @Keels suggested. I had a friend who picked up Saturday morning and we got there at maybe 3:45-4:00am and she only had to wait in a line of 10-12 people.

This year Dark Side had a packet pickup option where you could have your packet delivered to the hotel and pick it up when you arrive. We haven't had any WDW races since then but it came out about 2-3 weeks before the event and it's possible that it might be offered again (Wine & Dine and Marathon Weekend will be telling).

Actually, the resort delivery wasn't an option for Dark Side. At one point, they did post that the resort delivery would be an option, and then they promptly removed it from the website. In the end, the only option at Dark Side was to pick up race day morning if you paid a fee ahead of time. I haven't seen this option since Dark Side.

Last edited:
Actually, the resort delivery wasn't an option for Dark Side. At one point, they did post that the resort delivery would be an option, and then they promptly removed it from the website. In the end, the only option at Dark Side was to pick up race day morning if you paid a fee ahead of time. I haven't seen this option since Dark Side.
Really? They had a registration link and everything. Any word on what they did for those who did register before they took it down.

As for not seeing it since, I assumed it might become a WDW specific thing since the number of people staying on site for DL races is much smaller. If they took it down that's less likely though.

Really? They had a registration link and everything. Any word on what they did for those who did register before they took it down.

Actually, funny you mention it, because I actually did register for the resort delivery option during the very brief period it was on their website, and you will see on the e-mail confirmation I received (inserted below) that under "Payments" it states "TEST" as well as still showing a balance due of $34. They never did charge my credit card, so I think they were just testing it out when they temporarily put it up on their website.

ResortDelivery.PNG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!