Run w/ me to the Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012

Hi! Ok, I did some research on the WISH "social" groups and basically found that anyone can join any of the groups just by going and posting on the thread and introducing yourself. The new current ones I can find are

Team 'Ohana:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2381107&page=89

and

Team Donald's Defiant Dashers:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2632244&page=24

Sorry, I tried to make them cliackable links but my computer is acting funny so you may need to cut and paste.

Anyway, I read through a lot of the threads and both seem great so I just chose Team 'Ohana because I like Lilo & Stitch. Hopefully it works out well. I think I'm also going to post on the Official WDW half thread to look into finding a running partner.

Hi Tammy,

Followed your link from the Princess 1/2 thread. Thought I would pop in and say hi! Us SouthCentral PA girls need to stick together. Hoping maybe I will run one of the races you are running locally in the next several months, but know for sure we can catch up at the Hershey 1/2 in October.

I did Week 3 Day 3 of C25K last night. I didn't read the workout before I ran, just glanced at it and though it was 90 sec run/90 sec walk for the whole workout. Was surprised when the second run was 3 minutes! I made it though!

It is a struggle, but hopefully with support on here, we can do this!!

Christina

Hi Tammy great job on the races.Your DD is awesome!!! Spinning is my xtraining choice and it really helps when you are doing hills-I see a big difference when I spin.Yes alot of time out of the saddle.

Keep up the great work
Linda

Hi! Ok, I did some research on the WISH "social" groups and basically found that anyone can join any of the groups just by going and posting on the thread and introducing yourself. The new current ones I can find are

Team 'Ohana:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2381107&page=89

and

Team Donald's Defiant Dashers:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2632244&page=24

Sorry, I tried to make them cliackable links but my computer is acting funny so you may need to cut and paste.

Anyway, I read through a lot of the threads and both seem great so I just chose Team 'Ohana because I like Lilo & Stitch. Hopefully it works out well. I think I'm also going to post on the Official WDW half thread to look into finding a running partner.

Thank you for the links - I will check them out!!

Hi Tammy,

Followed your link from the Princess 1/2 thread. Thought I would pop in and say hi! Us SouthCentral PA girls need to stick together. Hoping maybe I will run one of the races you are running locally in the next several months, but know for sure we can catch up at the Hershey 1/2 in October.

I did Week 3 Day 3 of C25K last night. I didn't read the workout before I ran, just glanced at it and though it was 90 sec run/90 sec walk for the whole workout. Was surprised when the second run was 3 minutes! I made it though!

It is a struggle, but hopefully with support on here, we can do this!!

Christina

Hi Christina,

Great job with the C25K - it really is a great program - keep up the good work.

I am so excited about the Hershey 1/2 - can't wait for May 1st to get here so I can register. Once I pay the money, I HAVE to train for it. Although I did see they have a 14 min mile requirement and that scares me :scared1:

Thanks for following along - hope we get to meet up sometime :)

Hi Tammy great job on the races.Your DD is awesome!!! Spinning is my xtraining choice and it really helps when you are doing hills-I see a big difference when I spin.Yes alot of time out of the saddle.

Keep up the great work
Linda

Linda,

I didn't really think about the spinning helping with the hills - you have now motivated me to go back to spin class tonight with a new perspective. Since I am relatively new to running, I shy away from the hills at this point, but I know I have to tackle them at some point. Thank you!

I took my 2nd spin class tonight - the instructor was late and was really not into teaching tonight, so it was alot easier than the first class. According to my heart rate monitor I burned 266 calories in this 45 minute class compared to 466 in the hour long class on Tuesday.

It was nice for me though - I really concentrated on using my leg muscles for the times when we were "out of the saddle" - we did alot more sitting in this class.

Today is a running day for me - I plan to do 3.5 miles outside this afternoon after work. There is a paved trail near my work, so it will be nice to get a change of scenery. They are calling for sun and 60 today, so the weather should cooperate.

Tammy just a helpful hint from a spinning freak here- when you are running out of the saddle in 2nd position have enough tension on the bike so you can feel the difference and you can go at a steady pace and you are able to keep your knees in.If you are spinning on a flat and trying to run your knees tend to want to be too loose and it is even harder believe it or not.By harder I mean you won't be able to run as effectively for the burn you want- legs and calories.

Does that make sense? Good luck on the 3.5 mile run today.Nice weather where you are

Linda

Tammy just a helpful hint from a spinning freak here- when you are running out of the saddle in 2nd position have enough tension on the bike so you can feel the difference and you can go at a steady pace and you are able to keep your knees in.If you are spinning on a flat and trying to run your knees tend to want to be too loose and it is even harder believe it or not.By harder I mean you won't be able to run as effectively for the burn you want- legs and calories.

Does that make sense? Good luck on the 3.5 mile run today.Nice weather where you are

Linda

Linda,

Yes, that makes perfect sense - I will try that this week. We live right outside of Hershey, PA - the weather here has been crazy - nice one day, cold the next and lots of rain - very unpredictable.

Saturday was a DOR for me - it was weird getting up and not exercising, but I did have a good excuse.

My DD and I went with her school chorus on a bus trip to NYC for the day. We left at 5:30 Saturday morning and didn't get back til 11:30pm Saturday night - It was quite a day. We toured Radio City Music Hall, had free time in Times Square, then went to see the Adams Family musical followeed by dinner in Little Italy.

Here is my DD and I in Times Square (and yes that is a M&M bag in my hand, and yes I ate all the M&M's that I bought :))

100_3350-1.jpg

Saturday was not a good Weight Watchers day for - I did ok with breakfast and lunch, but dinner was chicken parm and pasta and tiramisu for dessert and lots of snacks on the bus ride home. Back on track today and trying to undo the damage I did yesterday!

I just wanted to thank those of you out there following along - if you are still reading, thank you - please feel free to post to keep me company - sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself :rotfl2:

Today was to be my 6 mile run, but I didn't make it - I think I might be pushing to hard, and that I'm not quite ready for 1/2 marathon training, so I decided to back off a little and increase my mileage a little slower. I am looking for a good 10K training program to start and put the 1/2 marathon training on hold for a bit til I have a more solid base. The running outside seems to be getter harder, not easier, why is that?

Anyway, it was windy and cold here this morning, but I headed out anyway. I made it 2.4 miles outside, my legs felt like lead when walking, but I was ok jogging. I made it home and fininshed 1.1 miles on the treadmill, which was a whole lot easier.

Taking it easy this afternoon!

I am enjoying reading your progress!

About a year ago, I had finished the C25K, and was gearing to start training for a 1/2. I had gotten up to running for 45 minutes straight and was really doing well! Then, I hurt my knee while running one day. I felt (and heard!) the "snap!" It was a long time before I could start running again, like 2 months! And even though I have completed 2 5K's and a 10K since then, I have never gotten back to where I was before I injured my knee.

In fact, I fell back in February and landed on the SAME KNEE! It is still healing, and I am very eager to get back into training. My ultimate goal is the Princess 1/2. At this point I'm not sure if 2012 is an option, but as soon as the doctor says I can, I'm going to get back to training.

I plan on starting the C25K program over again once I am fully healed, and then moving on from there.

Keep up the good work! I admire you!

Amy

Tammy- going to NY myself with my DD on Thursday after I pick her up from college for Easter-I will be looking for the M&M store too!

The weather is nice and sunny but the wind is the pits!

Have a good one
Linda

Tammy-
Love following along with you on your journey to the Princess 1/2... I am training and will be there in February for my first 1/2 marathon....

Keep up the great work.... I know we can make it!!!:yay::yay::yay:

I am enjoying reading your progress!

About a year ago, I had finished the C25K, and was gearing to start training for a 1/2. I had gotten up to running for 45 minutes straight and was really doing well! Then, I hurt my knee while running one day. I felt (and heard!) the "snap!" It was a long time before I could start running again, like 2 months! And even though I have completed 2 5K's and a 10K since then, I have never gotten back to where I was before I injured my knee.

In fact, I fell back in February and landed on the SAME KNEE! It is still healing, and I am very eager to get back into training. My ultimate goal is the Princess 1/2. At this point I'm not sure if 2012 is an option, but as soon as the doctor says I can, I'm going to get back to training.

I plan on starting the C25K program over again once I am fully healed, and then moving on from there.

Keep up the good work! I admire you!

Amy

Amy - I'm sorry about your injury - my DD tore her ACL a few years ago and I know it took almost a year til she was back to 100%. Take your time with your recovery and listen to your DR and PT - keep working hard and I know you will be back at it soon! Thanks for posting - together we can do this - I hope you can get to the 2012 Princess!

Tammy- going to NY myself with my DD on Thursday after I pick her up from college for Easter-I will be looking for the M&M store too!

The weather is nice and sunny but the wind is the pits!

Have a good one
Linda

Linda - sounds like a wonderful trip - have a few M&M's for me, my favorite are the pb ones, but after I paid for my purchases I saw they had dark chocolate ones - too late for me, I wasn't standing in line again :)

Tammy-
Love following along with you on your journey to the Princess 1/2... I am training and will be there in February for my first 1/2 marathon....

Keep up the great work.... I know we can make it!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Thank you so much for the encouragement - good luck with your training! It's great to know there are others out there just like me - training with a goal - you are right WE CAN DO THIS - WE WILL DO THIS!

I took another spin class tonight with a different instructor - boy what a difference - I really liked this instructor - she was completely different than the other one. We started with a nice warm-up including stretching (the other one didn't do this) then we did several intervals, including speed and hills, then a nice cool down. I will definetely take her class again. Unfortunately the other instructor is there Tues/Thurs nights and those are the nights I can go.

I have my weight watchers weigh in tomorrow - I'm hoping for a loss, keeping my fingers crossed - I am so upset with myself these past few weeks - I keep losing and gaining the same few pounds - I have got to get past this - and start losing consistently again.

Amy - I'm sorry about your injury - my DD tore her ACL a few years ago and I know it took almost a year til she was back to 100%. Take your time with your recovery and listen to your DR and PT - keep working hard and I know you will be back at it soon! Thanks for posting - together we can do this - I hope you can get to the 2012 Princess!

Thanks for the encouragement, Tammy. I go back to the doctor next Tuesday and I'm praying he'll say it's ok to start running again. I feel like I've lost all progress I had made. I just want to get back to where I was - it can be so discouraging!!! But I am trying to take my time and let everything heal. I know if I start again too soon it can make things worse.

I'm just too impatient!!!

I had my WW weigh-in this morning - I was down 3.8 pounds for a total of 38.6 pounds that I got rid of.

Now you might as why I say "got rid of" in instead of "lost" - well it's because if you lose something, you might eventually "find" it again - my weight is "gone" forever, never to be found again - sounds good to me ;)

I did 3.6 miles on the treadmill this morning - we have a 5K on Saturday, they are calling for another rainy day - I don't know what it is with me and 5K's, this will be my 4th one and my 3rd one in the rain :confused3

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for following along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter