Rumor - Starring Rolls closing soon?

Not a good morning for me thus far. First Starring Rolls news and now Disney is planning on another character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. Just great! Some people may be happy but I'm not one of them. There is hardly anywhere a person can have a quiet breakfast on property anymore. I'm going to have to just start going offsite for meals going forward if this keeps up.

Aw this sucks, I never had time to visit before and this next trip I carved out some time to go and try their stuff. Sad.

I know that Trolley Car Cafe sells the Butterfinger Cupcakes under another name. What I am concerned about is their availability after Starring Rolls closes. Can someone report back this week and let us know if they are still at Starbucks (Trolley Car Cafe)? I'm pretty sure it has the word "toffee" in the name.

I never ate before going to HS... would go to ToT and then go to Starring Rolls for breakfast! Do we know what's being put in its place?

Ugh. Starring Rolls has been a favorite of ours ever since it opened. They had the best chocolate croissants I've ever had and it's just a special, lovely little place to relax for breakfast, lunch or a snack. I'm going to miss it a lot.

This is a bummer to us also, this was a great place to grab a decent sandwich and an awesome cupcake in the middle of the day!

Nooooooo. Every year we ride RNR, TOT, TSMMM, then go to Starring Rolls. This is our tradition. So bummed. Anyone have any other suggestions for a place to get similar treats?

That 's what immediately came into my head! Now, I'll just say Whhhhyyyyyyyy??!!! This is terrible news! First Pizza Planet and now Starring Rolls :faint::faint::faint::sad::sad::sad:

I'm simply not a big fan of just about any of the dining choices at HS and for the most part that includes Starring Rolls. I think it says a lot about this park when Starring Rolls pre-made cold cut sandwiches or prepackaged sushi is considered one of the best offerings available in HS. But I will admit their cupcakes are (were) some of the best in WDW. Will I miss this place for breakfast or lunch? Not at all. But for the cupcakes and pastries, I sure am. :guilty:

::yes:: IMO, one of the two best places in WDW for cupcakes. Now there's one less reason for even visiting DHS in it's current state.

Odd that this is so short notice. Usually Disney gives a heads-up on closing dates, like they did with Writer's Stop.

I would think Starring Roles is more popular that Writer's Stop was and the closing would have been announced further in advance.

We were there yesterday. Tables were still set up, even though it was closed and there were one or two cast members around. I spoke to one who told me that they only heard about the closing two weeks ago.

I have bought the Butterfinger cupcake at Starbucks. It's identical, although it did have a different name at Starbucks.

However, I don't remember seeing many other of Starring Rolls' items at Starbucks. We'll miss their other treats more than the cupcakes.

The cinnamon rolls will definitely be there.

Waiting patiently (sort of patiently anyway) on any news about the red velvet cheesecake cupcake. I know there are red velvet options around Disney, but this one has the toffee crunch (Heath bar?) on it.

Waiting patiently (sort of patiently anyway) on any news about the red velvet cheesecake cupcake. I know there are red velvet options around Disney, but this one has the toffee crunch (Heath bar?) on it.
I know lots of people did like it, but because I love traditional red velvet, this one did not appeal to me. They did, however, have a seasonal Pink Lemonade that was outstanding.

I am sure Starbucks did not like the competition and unfortunately, they are showing up all around WDW!!! :(
Whatever reason they closed it was not this. They've been in all 4 parks for a couple of years. Other restaurants are not competition for them. They even have both Starbucks and Joffrey's in most parks.

I know they do/did serve Joffrey's but at least, they are not signs displayed like Starbucks. Just wait! Joffrey's is or will be gone soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter