Rumor about potential major reduction in operating hours for WDW if Disney Asia parks remain closed due to coronavirus

The thread on the other board is people basically responding to the OP. That OP is a bit over the top with this. I can't even read that thread any more. We need to be rational and realize the most people who are healthy will not be very sick if they show symptoms at all. Experts have said that we may never really know how many people had or have the virus so a death rate is not accurate. If people do not feel sick or believe they just have a cold then they are not going to have a test done. If you are in the groups that can be severely affected by this virus then you need to be extra vigilant and avoid crowds per the doctors. I am doing watchful waiting and not watching the news but listening to the infectious disease doctors. I have a trip in May with DVC rental points. I did buy the points protection. But, I also realize I have a signed contract with them. If Disney is open, and I suspect it will be, I am going. I also believe that if Disney does close, they will refund the points to the owners who will then either refund the money or see if you can arrange for another rental at a time further out. At this point people need to remain calm and get reliable information from sources other than the fear mongering media.
Or fear-mongering posters. There are plenty of those, too. :sad2:

Or fear-mongering posters. There are plenty of those, too. :sad2:

I am on that other board and man oh man its getting out of control over there. Fear Mongering is in FULL on that board.

Might be time to get off that board.

Doesn’t make sense to me. Less hours = less money.
But Disney does a lot of things that don’t make sense😂
Less hours, less payroll, utilities, etc. What I find irritating is the raised room rates again even though hours are being cut and the parks are torn up. Oh, for the old days when work on the parks was done while we blissfully slept...

I think this week it will not just be the coronavirus spooking people. Aussie share down 6% 2hrs after opening. Dow jones futures showing 4.5%drop on open for US tomorrow. I think there will be a huge drop in shares this week with the market realising there is no stopping it. A few people in travel already saying there jobs are at risk. That will have a lot of people thinking about cancelling trip

I am on that other board and man oh man its getting out of control over there. Fear Mongering is in FULL on that board.

Might be time to get off that board.

This is the 2nd post I've seen you make about "that board." What are you referring to???

If they close the parks by the end of March Beginning of April, as long as the resorts arent closed, I wouldn't be to disappointed. I have a trip at the end of the month and yes I already have tickets purchased but I know Disney would either refund the tickets or turn them into non expiring so I dont worry about that. Now if they closed traders Sam because of the Virus I would prob be more upset than if the parks were closed, then again I go somewhat regularly so it wouldnt be a once in a lifetime trip I have missed out on.

Not sure which topic would be best, with so many topics about the virus and the different parks and their approach. Disneyland Paris is still open and has posted a message:

• QUESTIONS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
A Message about Coronavirus/COVID-19 from Dr. Cyril Warmberg and Dr. Nicolas Duport, Medical Doctors for Disneyland Paris
As you may know from the news, COVID-19, commonly known as novel coronavirus 2019, has become a more widespread concern. As part of our commitment to the health and well-being of our cast, guests and the larger community, we are carefully monitoring this evolving situation and are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance. Disneyland Paris is welcoming guests as usual and we continue to implement preventive measures in line with the recommendations of health authorities.
Disneyland Paris has high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention, and we have health and safety protocols in place, such as:
  • Training for cast members, withongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
  • Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
  • Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers
  • Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
  • End of day sanitation procedures for restroom, kitchen, and other facilities
  • Frequent cleaning and “wash down” of outdoor locations, including walkways and queues
Additionally, our onsite health teams and leaders are communicating with our cast members about illness prevention, including the health authorities’ recommendations for everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs such as:
  • Staying home and wearing a mask when sick (upon medical prescription)
  • Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available)
  • Following proper respiratory cough etiquette (i.e. cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or tissue, not your hands)
  • Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
  • Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
  • Refraining from shaking hands and hugging or kissing when meeting someone
There is more detailed information about illness prevention on these health authority websites:
Thank you,
Dr. Cyril Warmberg
Medical Doctor
Disneyland Paris
Dr Nicolas Duport
Medical Doctor
Disneyland Paris

and for god’s sake stop buying up all the masks so our health care workers stay safe
No disrespect intended here (because you consistently post accurate, and funny, observations), but really—are average folks really buying masks from the same places the medical industry is getting them? Surely they have better access than Joe Blow buying packs from Walmart? I mean, I truly they do. But YEAH, please stop buying up all the toilet paper!! LOL

No disrespect intended here (because you consistently post accurate, and funny, observations), but really—are average folks really buying masks from the same places the medical industry is getting them? Surely they have better access than Joe Blow buying packs from Walmart? I mean, I truly they do. But YEAH, please stop buying up all the toilet paper!! LOL
I sure hope not! But lots of folks who need products can’t find them. Publix was out of alcohol & alcohol wipes that diabetics need. And I don’t get the TP. We need more Don’t Panic signs written in large friendly letters

IMPublix was out of alcohol & alcohol wipes that diabetics need.
Yep had a customer come in last night and she was told the earliest for more would be Friday

sidebar re: park ops looks like Typhoon Lagoon will be opening back up in April as planned complete with a Dcapella performance the Thursday-Sunday of Easter weekend

Where has an entire board been closed in the last couple days?
Two different Coronavirus threads have been shut down in the last week or so. I was watching both of them and people got off topic so they were closed

I have seen pictures of people transforming bras into face masks... So I wouldn't be surprised if people think: A mask is a mask!

Other news from Disneyland Paris, face character meeting (the princesses) have been replaced by fur characters. And we got a princess parade as a replacement. Very easy and well done for how much time they had to arrange this. All princesses have 3 mini parades in the morning and then the big parade in the afternoon.

I think dance and cheerleading comps are the ones to watch for. Seems a few conferences have been cancelled. I'm guessing they won't want a big group of kids stuck if there was a outbreak. I think there will be large drop outs from them as there teams won't want to be responsible for any kids getting sick. If they did cancel the comps I could see all star sports closed for those weekends

My sister was supposed to attend a conference at WDW & it was just cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter