Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They left incentives for DLR, DCL and ABD intact. They only cut the cord on WDW, so I don’t think it has anything to do with not knowing when they’ll open. I think it’s basic demand. Which would mean demand for WDW is good enough they don’t need an offer where as demand for CA, cruises & international travel not so much...

But they offered it the first time and they had no more indication of what the demand is than they do now. Had they never offered it, I’d agree. I think it was one of those “it sounded good at the time” things.

Any rumors on a potential 2nd recovery offer for the folks who got cancelled a second time? Prior experience tells me Disney will try to make it right, but I'm curious to see if Disney will do anything, or will just try to slide it under the radar in hopes the cancellations blow over or people just rebook.
Nothing yet, but I think you'll see something after the actually reopen the parks. I would guess they're waiting until they know how many people were effected.

Disney could tie mask wearing violations to tickets and magic bands. The first time a customer gets a warning. The second time they get another warning. The third time their ticket and magic band will flag them and not work at the gate when they try to enter the park again.

You could probably do it all remotely and notify the customer via the app. A CM sees them on the camera without a mask and a notification pops up on the app. No CM interaction. It’s all done with cameras. It’s like red light cameras.

The interaction would be when they aren’t let into the park. But you can have security at the gates to help with this.

Since when did Big Brother become a Disney character?

I think they learned their lesson about offering an incentive before the parks open. They disappointed a lot of people who had already been disappointed once. I’m sure they got a lot of kick back afterwards, not likely they’ll do it again, IMO.
My guess is they just don't want to offer ANY incentives to get people back for a while without knowing when they can open and to what capacity (and for how long).

I mean, their original offer was WAY too optimistic and that burned them BADLY with a lot of people being cancelled twice, but there are plenty of things they could do for people with cancelled trips besides just encouraging them to come back 2 months later with free dining: Give people a 2021 bounceback offer, give people a big Disney gift card to use on a future trip, just simply honor everyone's existing price for a future trip.

Disney may just think that offering full, no strings attached refunds may be good enough for now or they may just want to discourage people from coming until things can get back to normal.

At this point, I am holding onto my reservation of June 16th (with no intention of going) in case they offer something for it being cancelled.

We are all aware that if you have a “fever”, and KNOW you do 🙄, that “someone” could just take ibuprofen/give their child ibuprofen and fever is gone? So you are on your “well deserved” “long awaited” Disney World vacation and you wake up not feeling so great, or your child does, and take a little ibuprofen so that temperature scanner never sees your “fever”. Bringing your coronavirus right into the park, knowingly, and “escaping” being quarantined at your resort/hotel. There are many people just taking ibuprofen to pass the scanners at work/restaurants 🙄

All that to say, why not just really work on enforcing the high risk areas - inside stores, queues, and even on the rides itself. I think the average person that's going to try to do the right thing could suck it up, even in the heat, and keep it on all day in those areas. And it would be easier for parents to enforce their kids in those areas rather than constantly checking the 3 year old on the stroller, etc. Then, when they're strolling through the park otherwise (and drinking lots of water anyway), they don't have to worry about being accosted by the aggressive guests and the Cast Members don't have to spend their time constantly being the bad guy out in the wide open spaces. Of course, if they want to wear it in those areas, fine. But it just seems like they need a plan that can be followed and enforced where it is the highest yield.
And they may well decide to do that. We don't know yet what the procedures for the parks will be. We only know what the agreement with the union is and the the procedures for Disney Springs, and based on both of those, you have to wear a mask, both inside/high risk areas, and outside/lower risk areas.

Also, remember, the point of the mask is to protect those around you when you cannot have ideal social distancing. A forceful cough or sneeze can travel 20 feet without a mask. Droplets from laughing or talking can travel 6 or more feet. Disney is reducing capacity to create conditions that allow distancing. But Disney also wants to bring in enough guests. The less the capacity, the less the need for face coverings in low risk areas. The more the capacity, the more the need for face coverings, even in low risk areas. So, as Disney looks to increase capacity, they will need the face coverings even more. It's best to just get that set of rules established from the beginning.

Disney is working closely with a variety of health care experts and organizations. Whatever they decide, will have been thought out to provide conditions that protect their CMs and guests.

I see the face covering requirement only being relaxed when the threat of the virus is low enough that health and safety measures can be relaxed. Until then, Disney has said what the measures are and if you want to visit Disney, you will be asked to comply with them.

We have a trip for August and I'm so unsure about what to do. I feel comfortable with the precautions they are proposing but the suspense is painful. I don't want to get my hopes up.

This is one of the reasons I asked the temperature checks and exceptions question. There will just as many people taking medications to reduce their fever and pass the temp check and ARE contagious as people who have a temperature for conditions that are NOT contagious.

Yes, I have entered WDW a few times knowing I had a fever. It didn't bother me at all. I have had UTIs and sinus infections while at WDW. I took medication and got along with my day. I wasn't putting anyone else at risk.

To assume that every fever is infectious to others it just incorrect. And to assume that people aren't infectious because they aren't running a fever is also incorrect. These temperature checks are just placating people into a false sense of security so they "feel" better.

SO the moral of the story is just to take medication before showing up.....

Glad I am not planning a trip this year.

They are not assuming if you don’t have a fever you are not contagious. It is one of many measures being put into place to prevent spread of the virus at WDW. I believe at one point it was mentioned they are assuming everyone could be positive in the parks (vs trying to catch everyone who could have it, an impossible goal).

As for your last sentence, I’m glad anyone who does not want to deal with the measures Disney puts in place chooses to not go until they are removed. Much better than going anyways and making things difficult for CMs and other guests.

They’re not going to be that heavy handed. The fact is, not everyone will comply with the rules. It’s the risk you take if you go. They won’t turn into a police state and ai dint want them to.

I doubt it will happen. But they already have the tech if they want to go that route.

My husband came down with a mild cold during our final days at Disney last year. It was so mild that he thought it was allergies. We stayed in the hotel for a full day just in case. He felt better the next day so we carefully went back to the parks. He used sanitizer religiously. He didn't have a cough yet or anything until we were heading home. We never would have gone to the parks with a fever or anything worse than a cold. My husband was extremely careful. We didn't catch it from him until days after we were home. We won't go anywhere if we develop even a sniffle now. We would never want to risk spreading anything like flu or covid.

So they only quote the whiners. Nice. That’s fine, stay home. There are plenty of us who will happily take your place and enjoy.

They’re click bait articles. There will be an infinite amount of them when the parks open. People love to click on articles that have an agenda against Disney, whether the reader is pro Disney or not. That’s why the “Disney won’t open until 2021” article blew up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter