ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

PBR might have some rooms like that. I know some of the buildings directly face the pool and a lot of the ground floor rooms have doors to the outside. It might be worth checking out, but the problem would be I'm not sure you guarantee getting one of those rooms.

I'm staying at Royal Pacific for the first time in May. We have a King Suite so what is a good request for that type room, near elevator, view of pool, high floor? Has anyone stayed in a King Suite they would recommend?

What kind of discount did you find with Costco? Is it a package deal or room only? Thanks

Costco has pkg deals for WallyWorld, UOR, and DL - and a few other places. I think anyone can check their prices for the most part. If I have my numbers correct to compare apples to apples between Costco and buying direct from UOR for the same time frame:

3 ppl 5 nights at RPR + 4 day 3 park park to park tix-
Costco = 2275

UOR site: 2525

I haven't checked around anywhere else, but I will. I do know that from booking other pkgs from Costco, their travel CSR's are very good, and their pkgs are smooth as silk - no surprises - easy-peasy.

I'm staying at Royal Pacific for the first time in May. We have a King Suite so what is a good request for that type room, near elevator, view of pool, high floor? Has anyone stayed in a King Suite they would recommend?

We usually have King Suite and it`s always on the 6th floor as we prefer it to the 7th. I believe there is only one on the 7th floor on T3 where the Club Lounge is.

They are usually the first 2 rooms as you exit the elevators.

Ask for a pool view and high floor, as the trees and foliage can affect the views from lower floors.

PBR might have some rooms like that. I know some of the buildings directly face the pool and a lot of the ground floor rooms have doors to the outside. It might be worth checking out, but the problem would be I'm not sure you guarantee getting one of those rooms.

Thanks. I'm posing the same question in the PBR thread. It might be enough to sway us to pay a little more to stay at PBR. The pool is THAT important to us. I don't want long walks to the pool along with the steps from park touring. We will be going to pool every day, and more than likely twice per day.

Anyone know if RPR has any rooms that have doors that open up directly to or very close to the pool area? Trying to figure out which "premier" resort would work best for us. Park proximity, great pool (with easy access,) food, and Costco travel booking availability are my four most important criteria for a resort, and Express Pass is non-negotiable, so it's between RPR and Portofino. Hard Rock isn't avail through Costco, so that's out.

If you book a package through Costco, you are probably going to be last on the list to get any room locations you request.

If you book a package through Costco, you are probably going to be last on the list to get any room locations you request.

I'll definitely take that into consideration, but I haven't been disappointed so far with other Costco bookings. Haven't done any Costco bookings at Universal though. I won't be disappointed if we can't get a room right next to the pool. I'll call and talk to a concierge before the trip to get an idea of what's available and try to schmooze my way into the closest avail. I usually let the concierge or desk clerk know we want to be in a room that's practically IN the pool, and they get the idea, if something's available.

Any recent updates regarding the offerings for club level?
We were supposed to go last June, and had hoped to be able to go this June, but still uncertain with all the COVID situation stuff. We have 3 kids - ages 9, 14, 17. The 2Q room would be tight (we'd bring or get an air mattress), but I really liked the theming best at RP. We thought the Club Level would give us a bit more space plus the food and beverage options (water, juice, and sodas). And wanted the Express Passes - otherwise I know there are some larger room options at other places.

I would like to also stay CL, are they offering this??

Yes, they still have CL.

Things are just different to what they were pre covid. Food is not self service anymore but served to you pre prepared in boxes, so things aren’t laid out as they once were.

You can still get bottled water and drinks anytime of the day and use it as an extra space to hang out in.

You can still get bottled water and drinks anytime of the day and use it as an extra space to hang out in.
To me this is basically the best reason to have lounge access. I tend to get up earlier than the kids. It is so very nice to head over to the lounge before everyone else wakes up. I'll sit down with a nice tea and read the daily news, do a little work, etc. Just having a quiet place to relax in before the family wakes up and we head out to the parks.

Right after lunch, my daughter likes to take a nap. I can head over to the lounge and sit around with another tea and possibly a snack. The extra space and quiet of the lounge make a huge difference. Yes, having breakfast, drinks, snacks, hors devours and desserts at dinnertime can help offset some of the costs, but don't underestimate the extra space and calm that also comes with lounge access. :)

To me this is basically the best reason to have lounge access. I tend to get up earlier than the kids. It is so very nice to head over to the lounge before everyone else wakes up. I'll sit down with a nice tea and read the daily news, do a little work, etc. Just having a quiet place to relax in before the family wakes up and we head out to the parks.

Right after lunch, my daughter likes to take a nap. I can head over to the lounge and sit around with another tea and possibly a snack. The extra space and quiet of the lounge make a huge difference. Yes, having breakfast, drinks, snacks, hors devours and desserts at dinnertime can help offset some of the costs, but don't underestimate the extra space and calm that also comes with lounge access. :)

I`d completely agree with that.

We don`t use the lounge for dinner as most do either, we prefer to eat around in other places, but we do spend some time in there just chilling, usually with a glass or two of wine ::yes::

And during the off periods where food isn`t being served, it is usually very peaceful and yes, ideal to do a bit of work or let family rest without disturbing them. I honestly can`t enthuse enough about the lounge for those reasons.

Would a rollaway bed be comfortable for an adult? Are they actual mattresses or like a foam matress?

Would a rollaway bed be comfortable for an adult? Are they actual mattresses or like a foam matress?

Our adult son has used the rollaways in the King Suite when he’s travelled with us as the sofa was incredibly uncomfortable.

He thought it was very comfy. It was a proper mattress, single size of course. Kyle is 5’9 and he was fine in it, slept soundly every night.

I've slept in a roll-away in PBR and had no issues sleeping. I'd have no issues sleeping in one in RPR as I'd guess they are probably the same (but I admit I'm just guessing there.) I have also slept in the pull-out sofa beds in an RPR suite room. I'd go for the roll-away any day over that.

Our adult son has used the rollaways in the King Suite when he’s travelled with us as the sofa was incredibly uncomfortable.

He thought it was very comfy. It was a proper mattress, single size of course. Kyle is 5’9 and he was fine in it, slept soundly every night.

That's what I was hoping. We're going in March, staying in a King Suite, and I cannot handle a fold out couch for a week! :rotfl:

Just booked Royal Pacific for a two night stay Sep 23 & 24. A couple of questions we have for the experienced folks here...
  • We'll be flying into Orlando late in the evening of the 22nd. When we travel to WDW, we usually get a value Dis hotel and then the next morning have the hotel transfer our bags to the premium resort we're staying at for the duration of the trip. Do they do something similar at Universal hotels? That is, can we book a Cabana Bay room for the night of the 22nd and in the morning of the 23rd, check out and have the hotel transfer our bags to Royal Pacific ? Then we just hop over to Royal Pacific, pick up our park tickets and head over to the parks for the day, including early entry?? If not, we can just snag a hotel near the airport or Int'l Dr. and then Uber over to RPR early the morning of the 23rd.
  • We head to WDW the morning of the 25th. Will we have express passes and early park entry for the 25th as well or just the 23rd & 24th? We are thinking of possibly doing a quick park run for one or two key rides, if there is something we just have to do again.
  • What the best way to get to WDW? We don't plan on renting a car. I'm guessing calling an Uber would be the best thing, but just checking.
I'll be scrolling though and keeping track of the thread over the next months. Always great info on the site.

Thanks all !

Just booked Royal Pacific for a two night stay Sep 23 & 24. A couple of questions we have for the experienced folks here...
  • We'll be flying into Orlando late in the evening of the 22nd. When we travel to WDW, we usually get a value Dis hotel and then the next morning have the hotel transfer our bags to the premium resort we're staying at for the duration of the trip. Do they do something similar at Universal hotels? That is, can we book a Cabana Bay room for the night of the 22nd and in the morning of the 23rd, check out and have the hotel transfer our bags to Royal Pacific ? Then we just hop over to Royal Pacific, pick up our park tickets and head over to the parks for the day, including early entry?? If not, we can just snag a hotel near the airport or Int'l Dr. and then Uber over to RPR early the morning of the 23rd.
  • We head to WDW the morning of the 25th. Will we have express passes and early park entry for the 25th as well or just the 23rd & 24th? We are thinking of possibly doing a quick park run for one or two key rides, if there is something we just have to do again.
  • What the best way to get to WDW? We don't plan on renting a car. I'm guessing calling an Uber would be the best thing, but just checking.
I'll be scrolling though and keeping track of the thread over the next months. Always great info on the site.

Thanks all !

You will have use of the EP from the moment you check in, all days you are there and check out day till the parks close.

Not sure of you`re aware of HHN, but it`s happening then and it`ll be on for both your nights, be aware the Studios closes at 5pm for non HHN guests.

We always have a car, so not much help with that, but, yes, many use Uber or regular cabs.

F

Hi all, just booked RPR for spring 2022 and hoping we will be maskless by then!
Couple questions.... I booked 2 rooms right through Universal site and I thought on past booking I entered each persons name and children’s ages at time of booking 🤷‍♀️ .... also can you push one of the queen beds against the wall in the 2 queen rooms for a little one that may still roll out?

Hi all! I've literally spent weeks reading through this entire thread.

I'm a complete UO newbie so I have a ton of questions. After booking multiple stays at RPR for 2021, we made the decision last night to purchase APs as it will save us several hundred dollars on tickets between all of our trips. My question now is, can I call and have them apply the room discount (we purchased the preferred APs) to our existing reservations at RPR? Or, is this like Disney in that we'll have to cancel and rebook with the discount? If so, can I call the main Universal phone# or is there one I have to call specifically for AP reservations?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter