ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Getting upset with the rates for June. We are doing a split stay with Disney. We already have Disney booked with a good discount. Do they have any good discounts for the end of June? Right now it is $404.00 a night. I thought about getting the AP but it's around 300.00 and has to be activated before June. Im not sure what to do.

Getting upset with the rates for June. We are doing a split stay with Disney. We already have Disney booked with a good discount. Do they have any good discounts for the end of June? Right now it is $404.00 a night. I thought about getting the AP but it's around 300.00 and has to be activated before June. Im not sure what to do.

With the new Potter ride opening this year there could be very little in the way of discounts.

Maybe book your room so you have one and keep checking back.....you can cancel up to 5 days out if you need to. You don’t need the AP to check in, as long as you show it at some point during your stay it’ll be fine.

If any one is staying while pool is under construction, when checking in, they gave us a packet that had a walking map to SF, and a leeter explaining your all your pool options, along with a gold card, different from your room card, that gets you into SF’s pool, and gives you 20 percent off the food at SF’s pool restaurant.

I will say, for those wanting a pool, SF’s pool is very nice.

With the new Potter ride opening this year there could be very little in the way of discounts.

Maybe book your room so you have one and keep checking back.....you can cancel up to 5 days out if you need to. You don’t need the AP to check in, as long as you show it at some point during your stay it’ll be fine.

Any idea when the new coaster will be opening? We have reservations for the second week in May. Any chance we get AP rates?

Last edited:

Any idea when the new coaster will be opening? We have reservations for the second week in May. Any chance we get AP rates?

No date has been released yet unfortunately.........

Of course there could still be AP rates.......keep checking :thumbsup2

If any one is staying while pool is under construction, when checking in, they gave us a packet that had a walking map to SF, and a leeter explaining your all your pool options, along with a gold card, different from your room card, that gets you into SF’s pool, and gives you 20 percent off the food at SF’s pool restaurant.

Yes, we like Sapphire’s pool too. And the food was good too over there by the pool........

Lynne do you need a card to get into Sapphire pool? I haven’t done it yet, but with 10 days next trip we were thinking about checking out that pool and resort.

Yes Sue, even with your room key card, you are welcome to go to any of the other hotel oools. You may have to ask to be let in, but I never had an issue when going to other hotel pools.

Hi, I haven't stayed at this resort in 4 years, I am wondering if they still do the torch lighting ceremony and if anyone has an idea of that schedule or any evening activities? We are coming down the end of January. Thank you so much!

good to know it's only about a 5 minute walk. thank you. I hope they have poolside nachos like RPR - I have been drooling about those for over a year.
We've only had them at Sapphire, so I can't compare, but the ones at SF were big and very good.

In our case, the tray of nachos was more than we could eat! It was tasty and very large. It arrived looking very fresh and tasty.

Full disclosure though: It was summer. In the summer heat, the bottom end of nachos looked a bit less appetizing, but that would be the case with almost any food. No fault of the hotel, just the heat.

I'd happily order them again, just maybe not in summer, or else we'd make a point to eat them quickly.

Hello all!! This thread is EVERYTHING to me!! I really did just spend the last week or so going through every single page - yes, all 102 pages - and I cannot tell you how helpful this has been to me!! We just came back from Disney at the end of December and while we're usually Universal people (my parents have numerous photos of me and my sister in park rented Jurassic Park jeep strollers in the early/mid-90s and Universal should absolutely bring those back) but haven't been in a few years because my little niece is in a full princess phase. She's really into Spider-Man though (Spider-Man and Princesses is my niece in a nutshell) and we talked about maybe making a trip out to Universal at some point this year. We've never stayed onsite before and I've always looked longingly at the water taxi before forcing my feet to work long enough to make the trek back to the car. I couldn't help myself and "accidentally" booked a trip in November when I was just doing research on prices. Club level was the only room category left beside suites for the week before Thanksgiving so I couldn't NOT just accidentally click book before we couldn't go that week at all because everything is booked up:rotfl: I definitely accidentally booked without knowing pretty much anything about the resort aside from the express pass perk so I cannot tell you guys how extremely helpful this thread has been!! I know our trip is a million years away right now but I'm a planner (Disney planning works really well for me and I actually mostly enjoy it unlike every other member of my family) so even though this is a lot more chill and a LOT less neurotic "every second of every day must be PLANNED" kind of planning I still like to know what I'm getting myself into...in detail :hyper:

I know I have a bunch of questions but I don't remember any of them at the moment. So thank you guys for maintaining this fantastic thread! you guys are the BEST and I've appreciated it more than you'll ever know :)

oH! I do remember two questions:

1. You guys may or may not know this but is the $35 extra adult fee included in the package price? or is it something you have to pay at the front desk when you check in?
2. We're staying 9 nights (but hoping to extend one more night to 10) and purchased the "Unlimited" ticket with the package. Signing into the vacation portal thing it tells me 6 park days, 9 nights. I feel like it's probably just...not...correct...but is that something I should worry about being wrong on the site? Should I call and double check the package does include the unlimited tickets?

Also, I've read a lot on this thread about if you want to pay your balance in full beforehand you can fill out a form and fax it in. It could be different because I got a hotel/ticket package or did it through UO directly instead of through Loews, but I was forced to enter card info and pick a payment date that Universal will collect the rest of the payment automatically. The last day for them to collect the payment for my 11/15/19 arrival is 10/1/19. So idk if anyone else has had to do that or if it's a new policy or something but I thought I'd mention it. I picked the absolute last day 10/1/19 because I was hoping to pay it off before that by calling and giving them a payment over the phone in batches but I also just assumed they were like Disney in that regard which it seems from this thread that'they aren't. So I thought I'd mention that in case it's a new thing or it's just not been mentioned before. Also, I want to stress that it wasn't an option to enter card info for them to collect the full payment by a certain date - I couldn't check out if I didn't fill that out which I thought was interesting.

ALSO Also, you guys have recommended putting in view requests when you make the reservation but like...how early is too early???? I feel so excessive making a room view request when we're still 11 months out? Help me :D

@Invinciblessummer....your post that began “Hello All” made me smile. I’m a planner also and we haven’t been to USF in 7 years. I totally get everything you are saying! I hope you get the answers you need.

invinciblesummer...........welcome!!!

I’m so glad the thread has been helpful to you........that’s so nice to hear.

I can’t answer any of your questions on packages as I’ve never had one. But the $35 charge for the extra adult is usually just added in to your final bill. With packages I have no clue.

It sounds like you should call the hotel to clarify a few of your questions. It’ll put your mind at rest.

But, it’s never too early to put in your request for a particular view or tower. So, when you call to ask your queries have them add whatever request you have then. Not always guaranteed of course, but worth having anything noted on your reservation.

oH! I do remember two questions:

1. You guys may or may not know this but is the $35 extra adult fee included in the package price? or is it something you have to pay at the front desk when you check in?
2. We're staying 9 nights (but hoping to extend one more night to 10) and purchased the "Unlimited" ticket with the package. Signing into the vacation portal thing it tells me 6 park days, 9 nights. I feel like it's probably just...not...correct...but is that something I should worry about being wrong on the site? Should I call and double check the package does include the unlimited tickets?

When you book your package online and properly select all your guests and ages staying it automatically includes the extra adult fees if applicable.

The “Unlimited” ticket is good for 14 days after first day of use typically, also gives you park to park access.

Calling to double check may be a good idea, I can’t recall ever seeing a 6 day ticket option, so that is a little strange, probably best to verify.

ALSO Also, you guys have recommended putting in view requests when you make the reservation but like...how early is too early???? I feel so excessive making a room view request when we're still 11 months out? Help me :D

I don’t think it’s ever too early really, if I do make a view request I’ll make it, and about a couple weeks out call again to verify request is still in the system and remember they are only requests never guaranteed unless you’ve purchased a certain view category.

Hey guys I have a quick question. My BFF and I are looking at booking this hotel with club level for her birthday in March. The best deal I found was on undercovertourist for tickets and hotel package. Have you guys booked that before? I am looking for the best deal like everyone else is. We are going just for the weekend March 1-3. We will go straight to the hotel to check in and leave our bags. Can I get her a birthday button at the hotel or do I need to wait until we get to Universal itself ? Thanks guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter