ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Two quick questions, one about the resort and the other just general.

1. Laundry facilities. I know little about this resort, but did I read right that each "tower?" has its own facilities? Just wondering, we are doing a 3 part Florida vacation over 9 nights and nights 4-6 will be at RPR. Doing laundry here might be optimum, just wondering if the the facilities are convenient, reasonably priced, lots of availability(?) etc.

2. We will be checking in President's Day (Monday). We will technically have a 4 day pass and our main full days will be Tues & Wed with half days or so on either end. Staying at RPR we have the express pass, but just wondering, should we be expecting large crowd levels? I'm thinking Monday will be, just not sure if that whole week will be bad or not.

3. Actually 3rd question (probably wrong forum) but early hours at HP. Are both HP areas open early each day, or do that rotate for early hours?

Should also have said there are three washers and three driers in each room.....

A wash is either $3 or $3.25.

Dryers are the same and they can run for 60 minutes.....there is a machine to buy powder and laundry sheets...

CEBEE707-57B6-45E9-BBE4-10729BFEE01B.jpeg

Is this a new announcement? Searched here didn’t see a thread pop up.

Any idea of the extent of said lobby rennovations?

Might not be a deal breaker for most, but I try to avoid any sort of construction at hotels when traveling.

View attachment 377000

Might not be a deal breaker for most, but I try to avoid any sort of construction at hotels when traveling.

Yep, they announced the start/complete dates publicly a couple of weeks ago. I thought I’d mentioned it to you when we saw you in December........maybe not!!

The renovation is quite extensive Janet......

There is going to be a grab and go to replace Orchid Court breakfast where it is now...and revamped sushi bar...it sounds gorgeous from what we’ve heard from a few people.

Check in desk is remaining in the same place, I assume due to logistics. But, it is a major revamp.......it sounds like it will be stunning when it’s done!!!

Of course my word isn’t gospel so things may be different since then.......lol.........

Yep, they announced the start/complete dates publicly a couple of weeks ago. I thought I’d mentioned it to you when we saw you in December........maybe not!!

There is going to be a grab and go to replace Orchid Court breakfast where it is now...and revamped sushi bar...it sounds gorgeous from what we’ve heard from a few people.

Check in desk is remaining in the same place, I assume due to logistics. But, it is a major revamp.......it sounds like it will be stunning when it’s done!!!

Of course my word isn’t gospel so things may be different since then.......lol.........

You probably did, but going with my brain was addled by ‘the great Orlando plague of 2018’ lol

It’s so pretty now, hate to see that carved wood work possibly disappear...same as in the rooms 2 rennovations prior. Ah well, gotta roll with the changes.

You probably did, but going with my brain was addled by ‘the great Orlando plague of 2018’ lol

It’s so pretty now, hate to see that carved wood work possibly disappear...same as in the rooms 2 rennovations prior. Ah well, gotta roll with the changes.

Lol......we all suffered that one didn’t we!!!

It is pretty as it is, but I think with Sapphire’s lobby being so new, spacious and airy, RP needed to update to reflect the newness of that.......

Yep, I’m not fond of change at times, but this I find quite exciting!!!

View attachment 377000

Thanks for posting this. We will be staying here in March for our first UO trip. I’m glad to see the renovations start in March so maybe it won’t be as disruptive to our visit, or maybe they will start after we leave, lol. I want to take lots of pics of that beautiful lobby!!

If we are arriving after 4:00 should we contact them and let them know? I have been looking at a flight that will probably not get us there until about 7:00 pm. I also wanted to know if we can get the airport shuttle if we do not have a package. I'm waiting to see about getting the an AP for a discount.

If we are arriving after 4:00 should we contact them and let them know? I have been looking at a flight that will probably not get us there until about 7:00 pm. I also wanted to know if we can get the airport shuttle if we do not have a package. I'm waiting to see about getting the an AP for a discount.

No, you don’t have to do that.

Our flight doesn’t get in from the UK till usually around 4pm......by the time we get to the hotel it’s around 6 or 6.30 as we have immigration to go through.

If you were arriving after midnight I’d certainly let them know, but you’ll be fine when you are due to arrive.

No, you don’t have to do that.

Our flight doesn’t get in from the UK till usually around 4pm......by the time we get to the hotel it’s around 6 or 6.30 as we have immigration to go through.

If you were arriving after midnight I’d certainly let them know, but you’ll be fine when you are due to arrive.
That's good thank you.

Does this affect the Orchid Court lounge/bar area (not familiar with their breakfast setup)?

We always hit the lounge one night so the kids can walk around the water feature outside - and we can have drinks before dinner (Tchoup Chop was the usual destination before its closure)

Does this affect the Orchid Court lounge/bar area (not familiar with their breakfast setup)?

We always hit the lounge one night so the kids can walk around the water feature outside - and we can have drinks before dinner (Tchoup Chop was the usual destination before its closure)

It’s the same place......breakfast is set up where the bar area is.......

So, yes it will change.

I’ve seen that green banner the past couple of weeks, as I’ve been tracking room rates waiting to see if there’s an AP offer. I’m sad that our first visit to RPH will have the lobby under construction. It looked so pretty, and I like that wow moment when you walk into a beautiful lobby for the first time at check in.

I’ve seen that green banner the past couple of weeks, as I’ve been tracking room rates waiting to see if there’s an AP offer. I’m sad that our first visit to RPH will have the lobby under construction. It looked so pretty, and I like that wow moment when you walk into a beautiful lobby for the first time at check in.

Yes, I know what you mean........the lobby at RP was very unique and had some beautiful features......it was very fitting with the theme of the hotel........

But I think the changes will be beautiful..........and yes, it’s a shame your first visit will have construction going on, especially in such a major area.........

Same here. It will be our first visit. Oh well I'm sure we will enjoy the rest of the place. I'm hoping they may give some extra discounts because of the construction. Wishful thinking maybe.

How long is the construction expected to last?
Starts in March... finishes...?
For our reservations in July it still has the announcement on the reservations page, but maybe mostly done at that point?
Fingers crossed.

How long is the construction expected to last?
Starts in March... finishes...?
For our reservations in July it still has the announcement on the reservations page, but maybe mostly done at that point?
Fingers crossed.

March through to October is their estimate.

Woohoo super excited. My best friend and I just booked this hotel for the first weekend in March. We normally stay at the doubletree so this is our first time on site.

Our reservation is in early October. I hope it will be done by then!

I’ll be sure to post updates as we are there for a month in September.......we leave Oct 2nd.......

I just can’t wait to see it all done.....even if I have to wait till our December trip to see it all done.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter