• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they have the option of turning the BG on after EMH so no worries about who is through the gate and who isn't, but yikes that feels like asking for trouble.
MDE has not been tested like this. These past 3 days has been people coming in and then joining. If there are thousands of people already in the park and they all go on MDE at the same time it could be problematic

ok, here's the official update from the HUB (internal CM site) I have not highlighted anything, this is how it's being presented:

In order to give Guests more time to enjoy the park, Extra Magic Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios have been expanded for Sunday, December 8 to 6am - 8am.

Offerings available during the additional time will be updated for our Guests in My Disney Experience. As a reminder, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is not included in Extra Magic Hours. Guests who remain in the park after Extra Magic Hours may have the opportunity to join a boarding group for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance using the My Disney Experience app.

MDE has not been tested like this. These past 3 days has been people coming in and then joining. If there are thousands of people already in the park and they all go on MDE at the same time it could be problematic

Yeah, that's what I was getting at by asking for trouble. Disney is not my first, second, third, fourth, etc. choice for a company whose IT could handle that lol.

Well, if they do 6-8 magic hours next Sunday I guess I'm not getting on. No way we get there earlier than 7:30. Getting there for 8 was pushing it. If the Park is scheduled for 6am open those fast passes will be gone by 7.
Next Sunday was my backup day if I failed on Saturday. Should be interesting. Their servers are going to get hammered.

Oh man. MDE is going to crash hard at 9am tomorrow for everyone in DHS. I might make my mom her own MDE account and link ours to it so that if my phone can't get through maybe hers can.

Eh, it leaves it pretty open ended as to how they’ll actually handle when boarding groups open up. Not knowing Disney, I think that’s how most people would interpret what it says, which is the logical thought process. But who knows if that’s what they’ll do since they didn’t explicitly say so. I think it’s still possible guests show up tomorrow and are able to book during EMH.

Should those of us coming to DHS in early January (when opening is at either 8am or 9am) expect that BG will be operating and that arrival at 5am will continue to be necessary?

I suppose one could bus to HS for like 7, grab a boarding group, and then go back to the hotel for breakfast and a nap before you come back.

I'd do it myself at 6:30 if you didn't need your whole party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter