RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! Given that EMH change now you have to get there super early to get a boarding group but yet they may or may not open RotR early.

Finally got through! It was incredible! I was in the line 2 hours and 25 minutes, after entering with group 25 at 8:20. They had just started to evacuate the line at 10:45, then reversed that decision and we started the experience about 5 minutes later.

Here's my whole timeline:

5:50 - arrived at park
6:36 - gates opened
6:46 - scanned in, joined BG25
8:20 - BG25 called / entered line
8:35ish - line stopped (Rey and Vi both visited while line stopped, plus snacks and water bottles passed out)
9:41 - line moved forward a couple rooms, then stopped again
10:45 - started to empty line, then sent us back in
10:50ish - started experience
11:11 - off ride (WOW! SO GOOD!)

Interesting how differently they handled things depending on your place in the line. Were in 21 and got in line around 7:40. We got through the big room and the queue right past that. We were evacuated from the last room before the ride and given FP at 8:30.

Came back to use our FP at 10:05 to use our FP but they weren’t letting people back in the queue yet. Once they did it filled to the entrance and we stood there about 15 minutes before being told it was down again.

Of the 3 days, today has definitely been the most difficult and time consuming. And the other rides in the park have been more crowded.

I'm really interested to see how they handle EMH tomorrow! Not like it means much to me since I'm sure the VQ won't be used in a few months when we're there, but I'm curious to see if they actually hold offsite guests outside the turnstiles for a certain amount of time so they can't join a BG.

Well, if they do 6-8 magic hours next Sunday I guess I'm not getting on. No way we get there earlier than 7:30. Getting there for 8 was pushing it. If the Park is scheduled for 6am open those fast passes will be gone by 7.

I'm really interested to see how they handle EMH tomorrow! Not like it means much to me since I'm sure the VQ won't be used in a few months when we're there, but I'm curious to see if they actually hold offsite guests outside the turnstiles for a certain amount of time so they can't join a BG.
hopefully someone going tomorrow will report back.
DHS has been opening the park and then holding people around the Sunset/Hollywood intersection. During EMH they have the left side of the street for on site guests so they can go into the park while they hold off site on the street.
If this is the case then everyone would have the same opportunity to join.
Now if they try and hold people outside the tapstiles is a different situation. For the past couple of years Disney has tried and keep the bag check and tapstiles ares as free as possible, which is why they open the parks to a certain point, to allow guests in but not really access to the attractions.

DHS has been opening the park and then holding people around the Sunset/Hollywood intersection. During EMH they have the left side of the street for on site guests so they can go into the park while they hold off site on the street.
Now if they try and hold people outside the tapstiles is a different situation. For the past couple of years Disney has tried and keep the bag check and tapstiles ares as free as possible, which is why they open the parks to a certain point, to allow guests in but not really access to the attractions.

Yeah, this was my thought. ANY guest can scan in at the parks even if you don’t have EMH. You just can’t get into the rest of the park. At MK you scan at the lands. At AK you scan before the oasis.

Yeah, that's why I was wondering. I know they typically don't hold outside the gates but with the BG operating I'm curious to see if onsite really has any sort of advantage, aside from the rest of the park of course. Even if they let offsite in the park to join, standing around for 2 hours waiting to be let in with little chance of getting released early doesn't sound like a good time!

I wonder if this will discourage offsite guests from visiting on an EMH day. Usually EMH days are more crowded but maybe the BG advantage, if there is one, will have the opposite effect on DHS for a while?

Yeah, that's why I was wondering. I know they typically don't hold outside the gates but with the BG operating I'm curious to see if onsite really has any sort of advantage, aside from the rest of the park of course. Even if they let offsite in the park to join, standing around for 2 hours waiting to be let in with little chance of getting released early doesn't sound like a good time!
That’s why I’m thinking somehow or another EMH will have some type of advantage. We may go for next Sunday EMH if we are unable to ride when we go Thurs. I’m wondering how good are the chances they do 6-8a EMH again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter