Roll Call

Hi, my name is John Brown... Really. As you can see I've been on the Dis Boards for years, but have not posted much. I let SeaSpray do the Disney posting for the both of us ;).

I design and layout Printed Circuit Boards and write computer programs for work, mostly related to CAD (Computer Aided Design) and now database administration.

I also own a company on Cape Cod called Cape CAD design, which is of course where my name came from, SeaSpray and I also owned and operated an internet company which we sold several years ago which was also located near the Cape.

I was a neopets.com player for many years and when SeaSpray heard about a Disney game site she wasted no time talking me into switching over. I think she hopes the relationship to Disney will make me want to go to Disney World more often.

I too was in the Army, but I think I was out before some of you were born, lol. I joined at 17 and got out 20 years ago.

hi i am Patchy or jazpatch ( or alyssa in real life). I am 17 and going to be a senior in high school. yeah i am getting old :rolleyes: I live in the middle of nowhere in new jersey, north west , where there are more cows than people. I have a bird name belle (well, it is a guy though), and four gerbils, well now seven one of the girls had babies. My sister is plek on vmk. I don't know what else to say. lol. i hate talking about my self. I am so boring! :rolleyes:

bcswebco.com said:
Hello All!

Attn MTLott: My wife will be so happy to know that your wife spells her name correctly! With the 'e' ... she has such a hard time finding stuff with that spelling :rotfl:

I'm glad to hear of another E! When I was a kid I finally confronted my mom and asked her if she spelled it that way so she would not ever have to buy me stuff with my name on it! She said that was exactly it.... Then when I was in high school, I had a guy tell me that my name was spelled wrong because only guys had the E in it.

Great Thread!!!

My name is Julie and yes, I am a VMKholic.

I am 34, I live in a suburb of Philadelphia and work as a Tax Analyst in the Corporate Tax Compliance Area of a large Financial Institution. (Playing this game helps me forget about the compliance stuff. ;) I have two girls 7 (DisSwimmerGurl) and 9 (GAwesomeGirl) they occasionally use LucieBella - but since we came back from WDW - they use the in the park characters.

DH and I adore Disney - but he also does not get the fascination with the game - oh well.

Nice meeting you all. :wave2: :wave2:

Hi all!

Some things about me:

My name in rl is Cindy and I am Coriander in VMK. I have three adult children. My two sons (what a relief not to have to speak VMK Speak) are out on their own, one in Vermont and one in Oregon. My daughter lives with me while working full time in the electronic gaming business and getting her Masters in Library Science.

We have three cats who were thrust upon us; but we love them anyway.

Until recently I was a bookseller for a small independent bookstore. I love VMK and play way to much and way too late. I think my daughter is jealous of my "invisible friends."

It's great hanging out with you all and getting to "meet" you. Great idea MTLott! :Pinkbounc

Cindy (Coriander in the game)

PeachyT said:
I'm glad to hear of another TracEy! When I was a kid I finally confronted my mom and asked her if she spelled it that way so she would not ever have to buy me stuff with my name on it! She said that was exactly it.... Then when I was in high school, I had a guy tell me that my name was spelled wrong because only guys with the name Tracey had the E in it and my name should be Tracy.

When I was in Germany, my Army issued driver's license didn't have my picture on it. You had to show military ID with the DL. I got pulled over by the Polizei for speeding :( once and the officer argued with me that it wasn't my DL because RobIn is the male spelling for my name and that RobYn is the female. I showed him Military ID, credit card, etc with my name. The military id has my picture on it, but he still argued with me. I told him I was sorry, but that's the way my Mom spelled it.

Hi Folks,

My name is Carol and I am Canadian. (why does this feel like a 12-step group meeting?)

Anyway, right now I am a SAHM to my son Jay who will turn 1 on Sept 10. In Canada we get 1 year of maternity leave, so I am supposed to return to work in a couple of weeks. (that's a whole other story)

I am a Professional Engineer and work for an airline in Canada designing repairs on the aircraft. I was educated (if you can call it that :teacher: ) at MIT in Boston. (actually Cambridge, but I digress)

I grew up above the Arctic Circle in northern Canada. I have a wonderful husband. (WJPilot on VMK)

We are DVC members at Old Key West and go "home" usually about once per year.

skuttle said:
LOL! I feel dumb! I always thought the "lab" in your name referred to the dog. Guess I never noticed the little microscope in your avatar.
Nope, no lab dogs in this house. (just a Hyper Little American Eskimo Mix) :rotfl:

Hi everybody!
Let's see, my name is Jamey and I'm 22 (I'll be 23 in October). I'm JamesLynn on vmk (James is my nickname).I'm a super senior at Northern Michigan University majoring in Secondary History Education. I'll be graduating May 2006. I'm currently engaged to my boyfriend of 3 years and we're planning on getting married June 2006. I haven't done any wedding planning yet. We're thinking of moving to Florida after we get married. Mmmmm...what else? Well, today I drove 8 hours to come home (to my parent's house, my mom is wld on here), so I'm pretty tired (no VMK tonight and I probably won't be on until the 21st, I'm on dial-up here).

I'm Lori, 35 years old, living in a suburb just north of Chicago.
I work on the north side of Chicago in a corporate office of a manufacturing company, in the accounting department.

I'm single, no kids, and I go by BriarLori (big stretch, huh?) on VMK.

Do I really want to risk putting my vital info on this board for all to read?

:maleficen -(Go for it!)

Okay, my real name is Peter, but as on the Internet, I also go by many identities IRL. At the office, I'm called "The Voice of CitiStorage" because I make occasional announcements, and just recently I was called "The Pac-Man Kid" on account of the Pac-Man Cafe T-shirt and matching Pac-Man truckers hat. And before that, I was known as the Green Lantern because I had the GL logo Tee.

But I digress.

When I'm not making announcements, I create invoices for school lunch deliveries at a record storage facility. We get treated like family there, albeit a mildly dysfunctional family (maybe because I work there? :rotfl2: ). I am 31, painfully single and unattached, and my parents are living with me in Brooklyn, NY. I also cannot operate a motor vehicle because of an emotional handicap, but that doesn't stop me from providing moral support for my sister when making that "big I-95 commute" to WDW.

My interests are cartoons, both watching and creating, shooting and editing video, travel, shopping for music and movies, reading flyers for electronic and entertainment superstores, and of course, VMK. I just wish it would work for me half the time, and give me more credits of course. I guess I'm like a big kid when it comes to Disney. Then again, aren't we all? ;)

My biggest dream is to make friends within the NYC area through DIS, VMK, or anyplace else. Anyone care to start up a VMK meet in Manhattan? :wave:

Well I thought it should be my turn to step up and share some info on my life.
It all started back in the summer of '78 with a bottle of red wine and Neil Diamond playing in the back ground. My parents had just finished dancing...Ok, fast forward to present! :rotfl: (no, but seriously that is what they told me happened).

Anyways :)
I am Dawn. My friends call me Dawn. :sunny: I am just as the name projects...quite sunny and warm! I am 26 and have been married for almost (September 23rd) 5 years to Bob. I have always been involved with customer service and am currently a manager for a retail clothing chain. I am constantly on VMK while DH plays that darn X Box (which I so frequently abolish while playing VMK). We both love Disney the same which is truly a blessing!!! We don't have any children yet (keep praying) but our beagle-mix dog is a handfull! He has a secret passion for eating chocolate :rolleyes: I posted a pic of me and a pic of DH below. I am glad I posted on this thread because I now realize he and I need to have more pics of us together while at WDW! :rotfl:
But I want to thank VMK for bringing me together with a great group of people, and a few with whom I have made strong connections :goodvibes princess: :goodvibes princess:

f2d8a321.jpg
f2d89d76.jpg

wow!

I never expected so many posts so quick! It is nice to see you all on here and VMK.

I needed to add to my hero post from earlier here. Tonight I was reminded of a very special and caring man that we all know and love. I will not mention him by name, but he is our favorite Doctor.

Thank you Doctor for caring about the smallest of us!

I don't know how you can be as strong as you are!

You truly are a hero!

Hey there...I've resisted posting this for a while...but have now decided to post! :)

I'm not known as Fly in real life, people prefer to call me Philip. I'm a high school student taking on what's probably going to be a horrible year of calculus, obscure wars in American history, chemistry, and lots of argument terms in Latin. :) My saving grace is that I take part in an extended day fine arts program, which although I go to school from 7:00-4:30 (not including commute times) I take 4 hours of music classes a day. If you haven't already noticed, I'm a quite devoted musician and during the school year spend about 35 hours a week doing music stuff. Whether it be the music classes at school, orchestra rehearsals, lessons, or teaching bratty kids how to play the clarinet, I keep myself busy.

I'm a full on VMK addict...and I admit I woke up at 4:30 AM on May 23 (the first day of VMK public beta) to see if I could make a character before I left to school. I've been a huge Disney fan all my life...but not to the level I'm at until I found Disney internet communities and fan sites in 5th grade! :) Thanks for the fun everyone!

My turn! My real life name is Lisa, and I'm not really green! :rotfl: I lay claim to 2 large German Shephard/Labrador mix babies.
Why did I choose GreenieMimi for my VMK screen name? Hmmm....I wanted to be different, I like the color green and Mimi kinda rhymed with Greenie! :rotfl2: I also have an alter-ego on VMK who goes by the name StellarStella. Stella, believe it or not, was a nickname my English teacher in high school gave me! He was so cool....Anyway, I try to get back to the real WDW about every 2-3 years. DVC members with the BWV since 1998. Absolutely love anything Disney. (You should see my living room!) :banana:
Oh, yeah..I've actually been a DisBoards member a lot longer than my profile claims. Got a new computer but forgot to save my login and password! :goodvibes

FlyThenFall said:
If you haven't already noticed, I'm a quite devoted musician and during the school year spend about 35 hours a week doing music stuff. Whether it be the music classes at school, orchestra rehearsals, lessons, or teaching bratty kids how to play the clarinet, I keep myself busy.

Hey Fly, My boy could be one of those bratty kids that you teach clarinet too! We just live on the wrong side of the country. :rotfl: Wish he would practice more. :rolleyes: Could you have a talk with him?

It is so great to see everyone post in this thread!

I am Lisa and I live in North Carolina hard to figure out huh? I am Always Princess on VMK.

I am a SAHM with an ebay business that supports our Disney trips and lots of extras for my family. I am consider taking it to the next level and opening a storefront it is going so well. Because of the ebay I am on the computer a lot and it give me an excuse to pop in here frequently and I always have a screen of VMK running usually with my character on the Jungle Cruise.

I have a DD who is 4 1/2 and loves to play VMK sitting on my lap. If you are ever in a room with me and see me change into a pink character or start running around changing chairs, it usually means that she is directing me.
I also have a DSD who just turned 13 and she just started VMK this week and it hooked. We have had a lot of fun talking strategy.

Hello! :wave2:

My name is Lisa and I'm 24.

I'm a 5th grade teacher in the NW suburbs of Chicago. I love to keep myself busy (not really... ;) ) by doing way to many things. Of course, I work full-time, am getting my Masters, am on a committee at school, tutor kids, and am working to be our team leader for next year. Yeah, I'm going to have a life for sure this fall! ;)

Oh, my two best friends and I work at the same school, as well. Yes, you may think it could never happen, but it's true! My job is fun in more ways that one! :)

As for the rest of my life, I used to be on VMK all the time, but, then, I had to get ready for back to school. So, I may be seeing your around! :)

Lisa, where in NE NC do you live? Close to OBX by any chance?? :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter