Roll Call

Hi all! It's nice to "meet" so many other VMK addicts!! (and DIS addicts!!).

My name is Kimberly (PinkGirlygirl on VMK because Threeboysmom could not be approved). I have been a stay-at-home mom to three sons for 15 years now. I also have homeschooled all of my boys since kindergarten. I live on the East coast, so sadly will not be able to join any closing parties - they do look like lots of fun though!!!!! :banana:

My oldest boy is 15 and does not go on to VMK even though he created a character. My next son is 13 and he goes on whenever he can - name is DarthJordan. Third son is 8 and he goes by the name of CoolPalmnut or PhantomofB. Maybe you've met them? :) :)

PrincessaC - I've seen your son DandeJedi many times! He is a riot sometimes! :)

Hello Fellow DISers,

My name is Kelly and I am 25 yrs old. I have an adorable 2 yr old son, Kai and a wonderful Dh, Alex. We just got married in Disney this past January. (Pictures in my signature!) I am currently a stay at home mom, but laso attending school to finish my teaching degree in elementary education. I reside in New York City and am planning to move to Boston after I obtain my degree. I love Disney & VMKaholic also!! My name is PrincessKelly on VMK, just say HI!!
I also love to read a lot just finished Kite Runner and secret Life of Bees(just had to mention because they're amazing books). My eyes feel like this:earseek: from being on VMK so much and reading!! LOL
Well, I talk to you guys soon! BYE!!
Kelly

aNIMALKINGDOMFAMILY.jpg
(<---PS this is us)

MTLott said:
Wow! Big kids too? Casue I think we are all a little crazy on here and VMK. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Just start the line and I am here to listen..... :rotfl2:

It's been awhile since I've been on VMk, work has been extremely busy!! But I must say I miss the closing parties and time with my fellow DISers the most. On VMK I'm Tulip, but in RL I'm Myong. I work as an Office Manager (i.e. Jack of all trades) for a family owned Funeral Home. I know, I know and can imagine all the things that you might be thinking. ;)

Anyhow, my DS8 is Jedigoofy and DH2B is Bugman on VMK so if you see them say Hi. We live in Vancouver, WA and made our first trip to the World back in May. We will be making DS8 second trip to DL in 11 days, we are taking my Mom, niece and nephew for their first trip ever. :earsboy:

Miss you guys bunches and hope to see you soon!!

M

Astryd said:
I have family in Lynn Haven and Pananma City Beach. I love visiting! My aunt lives on the bay in Lynn Haven.

Such a small world - I'm towards East Bay.

Area here is changing, but "big news" is that a Ripley's Museum is going up at Pier Park on the beach - Miracle Strip Amusement Park is now history. Lived up your way a number of years ago in Clinton, MD when assigned to the DC area. Do NOT miss the beltway 'on' bit LOL

Astryd said:
Well surferrat, I think I am addicted to VMK, i even VMK at work when i am supposed to be working.... ;)

LOL Astryd...Ok So tell me about your childhood!!!! Just Kidding....Everytime I meet someone that is the first thing I ask....Kinda of an ice breaker...It works good at get togethers...but DW walks away mumbling something....

BTW...SHHHHH in between clients I log on VMK....

Astryd said:
Well surferrat, I think I am addicted to VMK, i even VMK at work when i am supposed to be working.... ;)

I think we are all guilty of that! That's when I get my best jungle cruising done!

Tell you what...Just line up at Central Plaza..I will get a couch out and everyone can get in line... :rotfl2:

This is a great idea for a thread! I am Laura, totally addicted to Disney and now VMK. My DH got addicted to Disney from his first visit to WDW, for our honeymoon, although he does not play VMK. I have a 15 year old son (ILikeCheeze). We fight for time on VMK, and even attempted to play at same time - 2 windows, 1 mouse!! WARNING: do not attempt this! :rotfl2:

I got laid off in May, and now have plenty of time for VMK! (Oh, what is that DH says? I should be out looking for another job? Oh, sorry dear, I will look just as soon as VMK closes!)

PrincessaC, glad you could make it to our closing party last night!

The Wolf here, names Marc and I am thir(mumble,mumble) years old. Married to Pixiebell and live in dreary old, rainy England.

No kids, we're just two big ones ourselves.

Trying to move to Florida after getting married in WDW and falling in love with the place, the people and the life.

Anybody in Fl looking for a talented computer/graphics/web/office worker? (sorry, had to get that in). :earsboy:

Hi all! It is fun to put faces with names.

I am a 35 year old (as of July 28, when so many of you were so kind to help celebrate my birthday at VMK closing!) English professor at a community college in Bryan/College Station Texas, home of the fighting Texas Aggies.

DH and I share a love of all things Disney EXCEPT for VMK, which completely mystifies me.

I have, however, converted both my kids, 12 and almost 10 (in about 2 weeks). My son plays under the name AggieNick and my daughter, whom many of you have met, is either SoccorSam or SkaterSam, and yes, she knows she mispelled soccer when she went to register. ;)

This is a favorite pic of the 3 of us from last summer. DS has grown considerably, but DD and I look about the same:

QYUDD-theVMKcrew.jpg

I'm Lisa or LisaK on VMK, woot woot! I'm a recent Business Administration college graduate from Truman State University in Missouri, woot woot! <sigh> I miss that place, heh.

Image-522D75990B6111DA.jpg

I graduated in May and then married my long-time love Chris five days after graduation. We got married at Disney World and then stayed at the Beach Club and took our first ever Disney Cruise (can't wait to go back on that boat!)

Image-5231319F0B6111DA.jpg
Image-523009720B6111DA.jpg

We live in Texas since he's stationed here for the ARMY, he joined to earn money towards college. I'm currently a stay-at-home-wife (not by choice) as I'm trying to find a job in the business world. Though, i'd love to be on the NYSE floor selling/buying stocks but that's not really feasible in central Texas, ha.

We have a siamese cat named Cubby. Yes, I lead an exciting life! LOL

Image-522AC3180B6111DA.jpg

Wow what a great thread. My biggest concern is I have fallen in heart with all these cute kid Characters and friendships have been made. How much trauma would we all feel if we all met in person? :confused3 Scary thought, rather hide behind my VMK Littlebelle. She is much cuter. Anyways lets starts. I am Canadian, but I wish I lived in Florida. DH already knows we will probably retire there :rotfl: .My name is Ruth an I live in Barrie and hour outside of Toronto. I have a 23-year-old stepson, with special needs. Who has not joined VMK yet but makes fun of my addiction to the fireworks game. I keep telling him if they would just give me the darn pin my addiction would be solved. If only life’s problems were truly this simple. :confused3 Has offered to help me win the fireworks pin. Though he needs some practice. I work in an Architect and Design firm in administration. Have 3 dogs, 2 cats and my DS has a guinea pig. And you ask why my screen name is not Dr. Doolittle? :paw: We finally, yesterday, got an offer on our small starter home, so in a month we will be moving to a new and bigger house. Why? Did I give you my animal count? Too many fur babies. :paw: So I am excited right. :rolleyes1 I should be wondering about all the things I need to do to pack and get organized. No I sit here wondering how much time I am going to be missing from VMK and all those credits lost, all the specials. All my special VMK friends. I am feeling the withdrawal as I speak. :blush: Then of course all extra hours once we move into the house getting all our stuff away, painting etc. oh the agony of it all. :rotfl: My DH plays a little on VMK, he is lukethebeast.Real name Glenn. There is nothing like seeing your DH through your childlike character. Oh Puppy heart all over again. :love2:

PurpleDuck said:
PrincessaC, glad you could make it to our closing party last night!

Hey! So nice to meet you on here! So you are the purple girl that tried to wear yellow... :rotfl: I had a great time lastnight. Thanks for letting me in. :goodvibes

Belle1997 said:
Wow what a great thread. My biggest concern is I have fallen in heart with all these cute kid Characters and friendships have been made. How much trauma would we all feel if we all met in person? :confused3 Scary thought, rather hide behind my VMK Littlebelle

LOL...all I would do is try to dig into your mind. :earseek:

My name is Robin. I'm married to an Army man and we have two kids. Kristopher is 10 and Cody is 4. Kristopher is WildCatKris on VMK.

We just moved back to the states after 3 1/2 years in Schweinfurt, Germany. We are now in the middle of the desert in Ft. Irwin, Califonia.

My DH is luckily not deploying anywhere anytime soon. He just got home in Feb. after a year in Iraq. In the last 4 years he's been to Kosovo, Bosnia and Iraq. He is having to be gone 2 weeks out of each month for awhile though. When he's gone you will find me on VMK and the boards a lot more.

My hobbies are scrapbooking, website design and photography. I closed my photohost for all my pictures and haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet, but when I do, I will let ya'll know in case ya'll want to see pictures from Germany, France, Kosovo, Bosnia and Iraq.

Oh yeah, I'm MaliaMike on VMK. Malia was my Sister's name who died as an infant and Mike was my Brother's name. He died in 2001 at the age of 38. I never knew my Sister, but I miss my Brother so much everyday.

bcswebco.com said:
Such a small world - I'm towards East Bay.

Area here is changing, but "big news" is that a Ripley's Museum is going up at Pier Park on the beach - Miracle Strip Amusement Park is now history. Lived up your way a number of years ago in Clinton, MD when assigned to the DC area. Do NOT miss the beltway 'on' bit LOL

I so am going to miss Miracle Strip. I have grown up going down there every summer and it will not be the same without it. THe Starliner was the very first Rollar Coaster that I ever went on. My uncle took us up in his airplane last year when we were there and the beach has changed sooo much since I was a kid. Very sad watching all those condos going up. At least further down the beach is not too bad still. We did not make it down this year. :( maybe next year

Ooops sorry MTLott! back on topic LOL

What took me so long to see this?

My turn. :)

Obviously, i'm GBShorts at VMK, short for Goofy Blue Shorts.

My real name is Becca...no, not Becky. :)

I'm recently 28 and married. No kids...
No kids for a few reasons but first and foremost because I just spent the last two years teaching K-2nd graders as well as 7-8th graders...225 of them. Nothing better than that to keep you from having kids!

Yes, I teach...French as a matter of fact. The elementary portion of my job just got eliminated due to budget cuts, but I will be middle/high school soon.

wahooooo :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter