ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poly is not our fav at all but it’s cheap and has big demand on the rental market. We’d say you need to cut the brokers for maximum returns. AND I’m serious about VGC points as we plan to visit in 2024. We’ve already got some for 2023.

If brokers increased their pay to owners for BCV and VGC, they would be able to fill more rental requests. $18 will not get it done when market is going for $23-25+.
Couldn’t agree more. $18pp for VGC is offensive to me. But they’re also catering to people who are more risk averse and don’t like to rent directly. But I agree. They need to up the payout to VGC and BCV owners. I paid a premium for my VGC and I hate the thought of getting so little in return. I’d rather use the points myself!

AND I’m serious about VGC points as we plan to visit in 2024. We’ve already got some for 2023.
Sorry. Would love to help you but all my points are bankable and I really hate the thought of trading away or renting out my precious VGC points. VGC GVs are still on my bucket list!

Totally understand! We will also have VDH in the mix in the next year. Trying to plan out my big birthday Disneyland/Aulani trip in 2024. Saving my Aulani points for 3 years for this.
I was going to mention VDH. It will be brand spanking new by the time your epic trip comes around. VGC will probably be undergoing renovations in 2024 and you’ll probably not want to stay there during then. And I totally forgot that you own Aulani. 3 years of points?! I foresee those amazing ocean view villas on the 15th floor for you!

I was going to mention VDH. It will be brand spanking new by the time your epic trip comes around. VGC will probably be undergoing renovations in 2024 and you’ll probably not want to stay there during then. And I totally forgot that you own Aulani. 3 years of points?! I foresee those amazing ocean view villas on the 15th floor for you!
Yep, hopefully VDH is easier to book with large amount of studios. I know nothing about Aulani/Hawaii and I hope 400ish points will be sufficient lol. I am dreaming to spend about a week there.

Glad I could help making you feel better about your insane DVC purchases. This is what this board is all about! I’m pretty sure your Poly will be fine. Being from Hawaii, Poly is the very LAST place we would EVER consider buying or staying at. But I get it. Mainlanders love that Tiki vibe and culture. As for your offer for my VGC, now you’re just trying to swindle me! J/k. In reality, I might be needing to rent some of my VGC in the future since we’ve decided not to renew our Magic Keys and we won’t be going as much. I notice the DVC rental store that most all of the rental requests are for BCV with a few for VGC and that’s it. Ugggh. I need me some BCV!!!
Hey we should talk! Just bought some BCV and would love VGC.. unless I suck it up and buy a small point VGC 😅 I was weary about the 2042 year but now I own BWV and BCV. My exit strategy is I hope I won’t want as many points 2042 on and just let those points fall off my membership (and not worry about disposing an old car like Donmcgregor is saying) and enjoy my remaining points during my retirement.

This is actually my fear. I put in a low ball offer and they actually accept. I wonder how many of the BCV owners just list their contracts sky high so that offers that come in $20+ less seem like low ball. IMO, no 2042 contracts are worth more than $120pp.
That literally just happened to me yesterday on a CCV contract 😂 I guess I could have gotten it for less but it’s a better deal than the best and final I had received earlier that day on a different CCV contract. I’ll post the string as soon as it goes to Disney for ROFR review.

I hear ya, and I agree with most of it. Value is in the eye of the beholder. I’m in my 40s and 2042 should bother me less, not necessarily because I want to pass it onto my children. But because I still want an exit strategy. Even though I currently have no plans to sell any of my contracts, life happens and you just never know. I just hate the feeling of being the last guy left holding the bags. But other times, I feel BCV would be worth it. In the end, my wife keeps me in check and tells me we have way too much points in Orlando, when we live 5k miles away and we can only go every other year. As I said before when I backed out of BCV at $140pp last year, I’ll be kicking myself till my dying days thinking what if! Oh wells. I’ll just haveto live vicariously through you crazy folks.
You are 100% right.
Is BCV the best financial choice? No. But for some people, it's not a *bad* choice. We're late 40's, son is grown and moving out with no family plans, so 19 years seems like a long, long time. We did go small at BCV, enough points for 3 or 4 nights stay. If we like the DVC lifestyle, we plan to pick up some longer term points at a monorail resort. In a couple years when cash is built back up, life may look different so it's in the back of our minds already. :-)

That literally just happened to me yesterday on a CCV contract 😂 I guess I could have gotten it for less but it’s a better deal than the best and final I had received earlier that day on a different CCV contract. I’ll post the string as soon as it goes to Disney for ROFR review.
Nice! What price per point did you buy at?

BWoody---$142-$15803-100-AKV-Feb-0/21, 0/22, 166/23, 100/24- sent 9/15, passed 10/7

We did it! We slayed the monster! It was a well fought battle but in the end the spirit of staying in 1 bedrooms prevailed as I will be able to add this to my existing points. This is not the end of the war though as I see a battle brewing on Waiting for Points to Load Mountain. We shall prevail though and win! To victory!!! 🍻🍻🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter