ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the distance between resale and direct closes, I am guessing it drives some people direct (it did for us). We know the margins are not that great for DIS but makes you wonder if they are being a little more aggressive for quick wins?

beldred---$155-$8664-50-BCV-Dec-0/21, 100/22, 50/23- sent 9/19, passed 10/4

Well, we're semi-officially DVC owners now!! Assuming nothing crazy happens in closing. I'll not count my chickens until I have points in hand so to speak. 😁

We probably overpaid. I didn't do a great job at figuring how much closing and MF would affect the price on such a small contract. I will have to do better in the future. Ultimately we'd like to have about 200 points but needing to do small chunks over a few years to keep it all cash.

Well, we're semi-officially DVC owners now!! Assuming nothing crazy happens in closing. I'll not count my chickens until I have points in hand so to speak. 😁

We probably overpaid. I didn't do a great job at figuring how much closing and MF would affect the price on such a small contract. I will have to do better in the future. Ultimately we'd like to have about 200 points but needing to do small chunks over a few years to keep it all cash.
This is a pretty solid deal for a small loaded BCV contract. You could have ask for the seller to pay MF. You likely can get sellers to pay close to the end of the year.

Congrats! I submitted both of mine on the 23rd and 28th. Hopefully they continue with the fast turnaround time.

I decided to make an offer on a SSR contract. I know prices have been coming down and ROFR is slowing down but didn’t want to try to go too low. Now, I’m wondering if I this is an ok deal?

Pinkxray---$114-$20252-160-SSR-Oct- 293/22, 160/23, 160/24

I am paying the 22 dues and a little extra for Mason as the closing company. I have no use for the 22 points and would rent them all out. I think after renting the banked points it comes out to be a decent deal?

I decided to make an offer on a SSR contract. I know prices have been coming down and ROFR is slowing down but didn’t want to try to go too low. Now, I’m wondering if I this is an ok deal?

Pinkxray---$114-$20252-160-SSR-Oct- 293/22, 160/23, 160/24

I am paying the 22 dues and a little extra for Mason as the closing company. I have no use for the 22 points and would rent them all out. I think after renting the banked points it comes out to be a decent deal?
Looks like a decent deal to me. Loaded for $126 OTD isn't bad.

When the distance between resale and direct closes, I am guessing it drives some people direct (it did for us). We know the margins are not that great for DIS but makes you wonder if they are being a little more aggressive for quick wins?
I think this has been the objective since COVID for them. Quick wins, quick revenue. Chapek will not leave a revenue stream unturned.

I think this has been the objective since COVID for them. Quick wins, quick revenue. Chapek will not leave a revenue stream unturned.
Getting people integrated into direct will also persuade more people to purchase direct if the spread widens. Americans are very impatient, especially when they've made that purchase in the past.

@pkrieger2287 - why is OKW not broken out by 57 and 42 contracts when reported? Would you ever consider reporting them as seperate stats since the sale prices tend to be different?
We're considering this for either next month (new Disney FY) or in January. We would want to start this at a logical point to track a full year of data properly. But since you asked nicely 😎

YTD 2022
OKW - 144 (77.8%)
OKWE - 32 (22.2%)

That is a GREAT price on a small point BCV contract!

BCV is crazy expensive for a 2042 resort. But you got a good deal considering most listings range from $160-190. I think most of them will sit there for a long time and sellers are probably ok with that. I need me some BCV!

BCV is crazy expensive for a 2042 resort. But you got a good deal considering most listings range from $160-190. I think most of them will sit there for a long time and sellers are probably ok with that. I need me some BCV!
Me First !! We're stalking the same anticipated DIP in BCV resale :)

Yea yea yeah, you have been saying this for over a year and now it’s the time!

I reached out to a broker about a loaded contract with full 2021 points banked into 2022 and full unbanked 2022 points for a December UY. Turns out the seller couldn't bank them because they are behind on their maintenance fees. Makes me soooooo sad to see all those beautiful points that will go to waste 😢

Your normalized price per point is $171. I paid $174 for mine that just passed so I think we did okay for BCV. Small contracts tend to always be a bit pricier especially if you're locked into a particular UY. Congrats on joining the club!

Gosh this gets me super excited!! We submitted in late September at BCV for the same price at 155/pp. Hopefully we will only have to wait one more week for Disney to respond!
I need one that size and price for JUNE! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter