ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
disneybass---$96-$12016-110-OKW-Oct-0/17, 110/18, 110/19, 110/20- sent 10/10

Trying again

chehan---$115-$35300-300-AKV-Oct-0/17, 523/18, 300/19, 300/20-seller pays MF '18- sent 10/1

chehan---$111-$11690-100-AKV-Oct-0/17, 200/18, 100/19, 100/20-seller pays MF '18- sent 10/11

Newbie to disboards and dvc. Been "slummin' it" at IHG properties for many years. Renting DVC here and there. Finally taking the plunge! 2 contracts up for ROFR. :)

*edited to fix banked points from '17 into the '18 available points category

Kevin D---$100-$19482-180-SSR-Aug-0/17, 200/18, 180/19, 180/20-47pts banked from 17- sent 10/14

First attempt at a resale contract. Nervous with fingers crossed!

I will try it. Thank you for the information.
Good luck everyone

skstorm---$97-$15255-150-SSR-Feb-0/17, 0/18, 265/19, 150/20-seller pays MF 2018- sent 9/18, taken 10/16

:-(

Howerd---$95-$36217-350-SSR-Mar-0/17, 0/18, 700/19, 350/20- sent 9/25, passed 10/16
Congratulations. Nice to see one pass in the $90's I was starting to think that couldn't be done anymore. And with double points! Great contract. Gives me hope if I want to do another add on :)

Hello everyone, I'm a long time viewer but this is my first comment. I would first like to thank everyone for their posts on here because they have been extremely beneficial for when it came time to buy into DVC. I come from a large family of OKW DVC members and was always against DVC but recently drank the Kool Aid and finally found the money to buy in. This past summer I ended up buying 80 points direct for OKW. The reason I went with direct is because I wanted the benefits and also because of how high the prices have risen over the past year or 2 for OKW. (I can only speak for OKW, for it's the only one I watch) It's to the point where you are almost better off just buying direct for the first contract and then resale for the rest. (the difference between the prices isn't as great as it used to be). I don't know whether to blame it on ROFR, the companies selling resale or the inexperienced buyers. I'm noticing on resale sites, people are selling the OKW 2042 expiration year at the same price as the 2057 expiration and it blows my mind. The ROFR has brought the minimum price to the mid-late $90 range but the sellers (and I guess buyers, because a contract isn't worth $120 a point unless someone is willing to pay for it) have brought the price to well over $100 for most contracts of 150 points or less. With the overall price of Disney vacations skyrocketing, I would assume that the buyer would want the lowest price possibly and would do some research to know where the price range should be. I'm also assuming that the resale salespeople want the highest price possible because it's more commission for them and I know Disney wants the highest price possible to make the most profit but even they seem to limit their ROFR a little so they don't destroy the resale market, which I truly believe they know they need the resale market just as much as the direct sale market. Sorry I'm just griping over the system because I'm not happy with the direction its going, the fact that there are less years left on these contracts and the price keeps increasing, significantly, year after year. Is it supply and demand ruining the market...the drunken monkey, greedy sellers or naive buyers? or all of the above? and how many years left on a contract before the prices start to actually drop? 20 years? 10 years? never? Once again sorry for the complaining but something has to give and now that I'm a member, I take this stuff personally.

Well, sellers will always try to maximize sale price. I don't think greedy is the correct term. I did notice, going through the process, that brokers leave the last advertised price up compared to the negotiated price. I suppose it makes buyers feel they're getting a better deal.

I was also surprised that prices continue to rise as remaining years fall. Before buying, I had an analyst friend project prices based on financial models. His projections showed the 2042 contracts continuing to rise for a couple more years, stabilize for a bit, and then sharply fall. The longer contracts have decades of increases in standard economic environments before they follow the same path. 20 years is the same as forever to many people...

I was also surprised that prices continue to rise as remaining years fall. Before buying, I had an analyst friend project prices based on financial models. His projections showed the 2042 contracts continuing to rise for a couple more years, stabilize for a bit, and then sharply fall. The longer contracts have decades of increases in standard economic environments before they follow the same path. 20 years is the same as forever to many people...
What the financial models will fail to account for is the human factor.

A lot of BWV/BCV folks would rather pay more $/pt for only 23 years of being able to guarantee a leisurely, civilized stroll back to their room after Illuminations during F&W than wait for a bus/monorail with the throngs of others who saved a few dollars on their $/pt effective contract.

That and SAB. And SWGE. And average life expectancy. And YOLO. Mostly YOLO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter