ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DduzDis

DIS Veteran
Joined
Mar 8, 2017
jsand99---$95-$11910-120-AKV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 120/20 - sent 11/16, taken 12/28

So 42 days after it was supposedly sent I get the news that it has been taken. Is the 30 day window for Disney to exercise the ROFR an actual rule or can they really just take as long as they want?

Did they just decide or did your broker just let you know? From previous posts it sounds like your broker may have been sleeping at the wheel (or Aulani). Either way, sorry to see a disappointing end.
 

jsand99

Mouseketeer
Joined
Feb 16, 2018
Did they just decide or did your broker just let you know? From previous posts it sounds like your broker may have been sleeping at the wheel (or Aulani). Either way, sorry to see a disappointing end.

The lack of communication from the broker has made me feel like my transaction wasn't a priority pretty much the entire time. I honestly think Disney made their decision a while ago but her being in Hawaii is why I just found out. I asked on December 10th and she said she hadn't heard anything. I asked again yesterday and she said she still hadn't heard anything but would try to find out. This morning she let me know it had been taken and said she had to speak with senior admin to get an answer because the person working on my file is out this week and no one wanted to give her an answer. This all may be true but feels more like her covering for not being on top of things.
 

DduzDis

DIS Veteran
Joined
Mar 8, 2017
The lack of communication from the broker has made me feel like my transaction wasn't a priority pretty much the entire time. I honestly think Disney made their decision a while ago but her being in Hawaii is why I just found out. I asked on December 10th and she said she hadn't heard anything. I asked again yesterday and she said she still hadn't heard anything but would try to find out. This morning she let me know it had been taken and said she had to speak with senior admin to get an answer because the person working on my file is out this week and no one wanted to give her an answer. This all may be true but feels more like her covering for not being on top of things.

If this is your first trip on the resale road, don't let it get you down and try for another (maybe with a different broker this time). It can be a frustrating trip vs direct but definitely worth it in the end. I wish you the best of luck and a smooth ride for your next one.
 

jsand99

Mouseketeer
Joined
Feb 16, 2018
If this is your first trip on the resale road, don't let it get you down and try for another (maybe with a different broker this time). It can be a frustrating trip vs direct but definitely worth it in the end. I wish you the best of luck and a smooth ride for your next one.

Thanks! I'm definitely going to try again. I've got a short list of other contracts I've been putting together over the last few weeks in case this one was taken.
 

mlittig

DIS Veteran
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Thanks! I'm definitely going to try again. I've got a short list of other contracts I've been putting together over the last few weeks in case this one was taken.

I have had some wonderful, open and honest communications on the purchases of my resale contracts so your experience is not the norm :sad2: Wishing you better luck the next time pixiedust:
 

motherof5

DIS Veteran
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Updated, although it was a bit depressing to only have two entries to post and both were ones that had been taken. Sorry to both of you- a new year is just around the corner :wizard:
Yes Hope everyone has a great new year and luck when submitting contracts :)
 

mlittig

DIS Veteran
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Ending 2018 on a wonderful, positive, hopeful note as add-on-itis strikes again :rotfl2:Fingers crossed that it will pass since Old Key West has been on Disney's ROFR radar this year pixiedust: As tempting as some of the lower price contracts were (in the $80's and $90's for OKW), I wanted to make sure that my offer wasn't so low that it was a red flag for Disney :rolleyes1
mlittig---$103-$5933-50-OKW-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 50/19, 50/20- sent 12/31/18 pixiedust:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.








Top