ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the resort is on the ocean, and will require more and more maintenance over time, meaning the dues will probably rise at a higher percentage than other WDW resorts. Personally, I wouldn’t buy a resort on the other side of the world for SAP, foregoing the 11 month advantage with a home resort where you’ll almost never need it. That said, Aulani is sensational, so I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
I agree 100%. If you love Aulani, and plan on going there at least some of the time, then absolutely. But just buying there for SAP, no way. We have OKW that we use for SAP, but we always book it and then try and switch at 7 months. But ultimately I would be fine if we had to stay there. We just bought Polynesian for the 11 month since that seems to be harder to get than it used to be and it’s our favorite. If everyone that keeps buying the beach resorts buys for SAP, 7 month window will get harder and harder and then what? If you can’t get anything at disney and that’s what people are buying for, those are going to be hard to resell too🤷🏼‍♀️ Just my opinion…

For those of you buying Aulani for “sleep around points”, what’s your biggest concerns about the future, if any? I guess I think about the fact that the contract is longer so other resorts may become off limits due to resale restrictions…and it may severely decrease in value that last decade or so. Or the possibility that dues there could increase at a higher rate because of the location? I guess I’m just wondering what I’m missing before I change tactics. I realize there are so many unknowns about the future. But I’m just not liking the idea of trying to pass ROFR for Saratoga again at this time.
When I bought Aulani subsidized, I thought I was buying it for SAP. But now that I own it, I strictly use it for staycations to book the lower points SV or Hotel rooms at 11 months during high demand seasons. By booking these lower point rooms, I’m able to get 3-4 more days a year over booking the higher category rooms.

$150-$11250-75- Polynesian- Oct-37/2022-75/2023-75/2024 sent 7/3
know Disney hasn’t rofr any poly in a while, hopefully this isnt low enough for them to take it.
Great price on Poly - I've been watching several small point contracts sit for many weeks with a much higher asking price. Given the lack of ROFR activity plus the uncertainty of the inclusion of the existing resort into the new Poly2; I think your prices is right in line with what is realistic. Good luck!!!!!

Here are DVC Resale Market's month of June's ROFR for each WDW resort:

AKL - 23/64 for 35.9% contracts bought back
BLT - 24/37 for 64.9% contracts bought back
CCV - 13/31 for 41.9% contracts bought back
OKW - 38/41 for 92.7% contracts bought back
SSR - 66/97 for 68.0% contracts bought back

DVC Resale Market experienced no contracts bought back by Disney for BCV, BWV, BRV, Poly, RIV, & VGF.

For reference, here was DVC Resale Market's month of May's ROFR breakdown:

AKL - 37/46 for 80.4% contracts bought back
BLT - 18/30 for 60.0% contracts bought back
CCV - 6/25 for 24.0% contracts bought back
OKW - 39/44 for 88.6% contracts bought back
SSR - 76/89 for 85.4% contracts bought back

Wow, May-June BLT buybacks ramped up, and 184 for a high! That's bad news for my waiting BLT contract.

Potentially good news for my waiting BRV contract as they seemed to have paused buybacks there.

Here are DVC Resale Market's month of June's ROFR for each WDW resort:

AKL - 23/64 for 35.9% contracts bought back
BLT - 24/37 for 64.9% contracts bought back
CCV - 13/31 for 41.9% contracts bought back
OKW - 38/41 for 92.7% contracts bought back
SSR - 66/97 for 68.0% contracts bought back

DVC Resale Market experienced no contracts bought back by Disney for BCV, BWV, BRV, Poly, RIV, & VGF.

For reference, here was DVC Resale Market's month of May's ROFR breakdown:

AKL - 37/46 for 80.4% contracts bought back
BLT - 18/30 for 60.0% contracts bought back
CCV - 6/25 for 24.0% contracts bought back
OKW - 39/44 for 88.6% contracts bought back
SSR - 76/89 for 85.4% contracts bought back
I am assuming most of this OKW buybacks are 2042. I just don’t understand the huge buyback of SSR unless they have something in the works like a new skyliner station that will allow them to sell SSR like hotcakes. Otherwise SSR at sold out prices is just not worth it.

I am assuming most of this OKW buybacks are 2042. I just don’t understand the huge buyback of SSR unless they have something in the works like a new skyliner station that will allow them to sell SSR like hotcakes. Otherwise SSR at sold out prices is just not worth it.
For 2022, DVC ROFR'ed ~95k SSR points and sold 28.6k, so they're sitting on around 66k of SSR from this year alone. It doesn't sound like a lot but given that they only sell 6k on average per month, that's almost a year's worth of inventory for them. Yet the ROFR monster continues to be hungry for SSR!

Or, wild speculation here, they are going to come up with a paid perks program that includes upgrades and these SSR points would be what they use to accomplish that?

There are just so many things they can do with points that own without it needing to be selling them.

Nice pick-up. There must be no floor for the RIV!

As long as it is in active sales, it won’t have one. They simply have too many developer points to sell to worry.

It’s why now is a good time to try and get VGF for less if you can find a seller because that too won’t have a floor until it sells out again.

Or, wild speculation here, they are going to come up with a paid perks program that includes upgrades and these SSR points would be what they use to accomplish that?

There are just so many things they can do with points that own without it needing to be selling them.
I don't understand the connection. How does Disney having points enable them to do that?

I don't understand the connection. How does Disney having points enable them to do that?
I'm assuming it means something along the lines of them being able to upgrade a studio reservation ar Resort X to a 1 or 2BR at SSR as part of some proposed benefits program. Since DVC owns the points to cover the SSR villa, that would free them up to offer them up as an upgrade.

I'm assuming it means something along the lines of them being able to upgrade a studio reservation ar Resort X to a 1 or 2BR at SSR as part of some proposed benefits program. Since DVC owns the points to cover the SSR villa, that would free them up to offer them up as an upgrade.
Oh, I get it...room upgrades. Thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter