ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the many that have "been chosssssen". While I am likely done buying forever, I still like to come in here and be excited for people and see how things are moving now. Its been almost 2 weeks since I passed ROFR but I expect it will be another 3 months until the points are in my account with it being an Aulani contract.
3 months? I'm feeling optimistic...maybe only 2!

3 months? I'm feeling optimistic...maybe only 2!
I'm CDN and still am not sure how I will be able to get the contract notarized, plus sending the money, etc. I figure it will all take longer than normal because of covid and even longer because I am CDN. Usually people have to go the US consolate to get it notarized, but it is closed to the public because of Covid(CDN notaries don't count for Hawaii). We'll see.

Had a question not really related to ROFR, but the entire process. We bought direct points from Disney for SSR. Let's say our OKW resale passes, estoppel gets sent, contract closes, etc. I know we at some point receive paperwork (unclear if this is postal mail or email) from Disney that says everything is done, points are loaded, etc. But, my question is.....since we are already in the system should the points from OKW magically show up on our DVC account or will we be required to enter the activation code, etc.

Had a question not really related to ROFR, but the entire process. We bought direct points from Disney for SSR. Let's say our OKW resale passes, estoppel gets sent, contract closes, etc. I know we at some point receive paperwork (unclear if this is postal mail or email) from Disney that says everything is done, points are loaded, etc. But, my question is.....since we are already in the system should the points from OKW magically show up on our DVC account or will we be required to enter the activation code, etc.

I received an email with notification that the contract had loaded and the points were there a week later. No need to enter an activation code

Since you already have an account, you will get an email when your new contract is added. However, I did not receive notification when points were loaded - I just kept checking my account until they showed up.

I'm CDN and still am not sure how I will be able to get the contract notarized, plus sending the money, etc. I figure it will all take longer than normal because of covid and even longer because I am CDN. Usually people have to go the US consolate to get it notarized, but it is closed to the public because of Covid(CDN notaries don't count for Hawaii). We'll see.
I had a lawyer do mine, I think many of them are able to if you wanted to check out a few and their fees.

ETA: Also CDN.

This was listed for $148 per point, and I offered over asking at $151 per point due to what I’ve seen being taken. Hopefully it passes!🤞

Smart strategy! I’ve seen some lower BLT ones posted and was thinking that at asking price, they would surely be snagged. I hope this strategy works for you!!

This was listed for $148 per point, and I offered over asking at $151 per point due to what I’ve seen being taken. Hopefully it passes!🤞
Good idea! I had a PVB taken last month that was asking price. Some have passed since then that were only a few dollars more per point. I think paying a few hundred dollars more to avoid the hassle of finding another contract and waiting again for it to go through ROFR is definitely worth it! Hoping yours passes! 🤞🏻

I keep stalking all the resale site because after being bought back twice I’m not holding out hope for the one in ROFR now. I have back up contracts I’m eyeing ready to be bid on just in case.

Nope - I'll take over from here!
Best of luck. Even though it is complete it still feels like a lot has to happen... Here is what they told me...
Great News! Disney waived ROFR on your contract and so it will now go to the title company for closing. About 2-3 weeks after waiver, Disney will issue the estoppel certificate to the title company.

Here is a brief timeline of the remaining steps:

1) Once the title company receives the estoppel they can prepare and send the closing documents to you

2) Once the documents are returned by both parties, the title company can close the contract and you will be notified.

3) Lastly, the contract is recorded and a copy is sent to Disney for Membership transfer which typically takes 14-21 days. Please note: Due to COVID19, this process could take up to 45-60 days as Disney has notified us they have made significant reductions in staffing and those Cast Members that remain are working remotely.

SELLERS: Once the ownership transfer is complete, the title company will send out your proceeds. BUYERS: Once the ownership transfer is complete, Disney will send you two emails with your membership information, or if you are a current member adding on with same title and use year, your account will be updated with the new contract.

Congrats to the many that have "been chosssssen". While I am likely done buying forever, I still like to come in here and be excited for people and see how things are moving now. Its been almost 2 weeks since I passed ROFR but I expect it will be another 3 months until the points are in my account with it being an Aulani contract.
Does Aulani take longer? NM didn’t read the next post where you are in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!