ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying not to feel defeated today. This is my second contract taken in the last month and would’ve been my first DVC contract. Mine have been the first bought back at PVB (others were taken after) and VGF in a while according to all of the information I could find so it’s been pretty unexpected both times. I even talked to my agent before submitting the VGF asking if he thought I should offer more since my last one was taken and he said he felt it was a strong offer and he wasn’t too concerned about it being taken. It took 8 days for PVB, so I was really expecting a pass with the VGF since it took 20 days to get the news. And, while the points on the contract were significantly higher than mine, a VGF passed last week at the same price per point. 😢
Now, trying to decide if I want to start this process over, wait for a while, or just forget it all together. With so much up in the air at Disney World right now, maybe it’s a sign?! I don’t know!

Thoughts?

Buying points through resale is certainly a rollercoaster ride, but totally worth it. Get back out there, pick another, try for the best price for you (don't overpay), and let it roll!

If it gets taken, pick another! Look at it as an adventure!

It will all be worth it in the end. :flower:

Trying not to feel defeated today. This is my second contract taken in the last month and would’ve been my first DVC contract. Mine have been the first bought back at PVB (others were taken after) and VGF in a while according to all of the information I could find so it’s been pretty unexpected both times. I even talked to my agent before submitting the VGF asking if he thought I should offer more since my last one was taken and he said he felt it was a strong offer and he wasn’t too concerned about it being taken. It took 8 days for PVB, so I was really expecting a pass with the VGF since it took 20 days to get the news. And, while the points on the contract were significantly higher than mine, a VGF passed last week at the same price per point. 😢
Now, trying to decide if I want to start this process over, wait for a while, or just forget it all together. With so much up in the air at Disney World right now, maybe it’s a sign?! I don’t know!

Thoughts?
Don't be discouraged - you tend to hear more about people shouting from the rooftops when they pass than from people get taken. As the saying goes "they can't take them all". You can look at the reports and know what's a safe price / what properties tend to be bought back right now (though it can change). If you get "too good of a deal" they will probably buy it back - some people offer a few bucks more per point just to increase their chances of it passing / away from the buyback danger zone. But yeah if it's your first contract the wait can be especially excruciating and a taken verdict more painful. Jump back in and eventually you'll be gleefully planning decades of Disney with your family :-). We just did our Welcome Home trip and took a tour of Riviera's four room types (our home resort) and also tours of BLT, Poly and VGF. Of course we loved our home resort but also LOVED VGF - you are going to be SO happy there once you snag the right contract. The rooms are just *gorgeous* as is the hotel's enormous lobby and just love it's on the monorail line and a quick walk to Poly to their dining options. I'm sure you know all of that but just reaffirming how amazing VGF is - shake it off and jump back in the game - you'll pass eventually and be beaming as an owner.

Buying points through resale is certainly a rollercoaster ride, but totally worth it. Get back out there, pick another, try for the best price for you (don't overpay), and let it roll!

If it gets taken, pick another! Look at it as an adventure!

It will all be worth it in the end. :flower:
Thanks! It’s definitely a roller coaster! I guess if I can’t go to Disney right now, I can at least get part of the experience! 😂
I think the waiting is the hardest! I’m okay with moving on to the next, it’s just so hard to have to wait so long to find out. I guess I need to change my expectations. Just expect for it to not go through and not check my email and this thread obsessively and if one happens to make it, I can be excited then as opposed to getting excited when an offer is accepted and feeling like it’s already mine. It’s just so hard to feel like something is ripped out from under you.

Quick one, who actually sends out the pass/taken for rofr? I am working through Fidelity/American title. Just asking because it took them 10 days to send to Disney for ROFR and want to make sure I bug the right people (my ROFR was sent 2/2)

We are using Fidelity/First American this go around. We received the email from First American telling us it had been sent.

But in the past, I received an email from the broker it had been taken. So... bug both :)

I’m of the belief of at first you don’t succeed to try again. If DVC is what you want then don’t give up. They can’t take them all.

This is what we are doing. It is so disappointing and discouraging to get the email it was taken. But this is true, they cannot take them all. One is bound to go through.

Don't be discouraged - you tend to hear more about people shouting from the rooftops when they pass than from people get taken. As the saying goes "they can't take them all". You can look at the reports and know what's a safe price / what properties tend to be bought back right now (though it can change). If you get "too good of a deal" they will probably buy it back - some people offer a few bucks more per point just to increase their chances of it passing / away from the buyback danger zone. But yeah if it's your first contract the wait can be especially excruciating and a taken verdict more painful. Jump back in and eventually you'll be gleefully planning decades of Disney with your family :-). We just did our Welcome Home trip and took a tour of Riviera's four room types (our home resort) and also tours of BLT, Poly and VGF. Of course we loved our home resort but also LOVED VGF - you are going to be SO happy there once you snag the right contract. The rooms are just *gorgeous* as is the hotel's enormous lobby and just love it's on the monorail line and a quick walk to Poly to their dining options. I'm sure you know all of that but just reaffirming how amazing VGF is - shake it off and jump back in the game - you'll pass eventually and be beaming as an owner.
Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, we LOVE ❤️ VGF! We stayed there for the first time in December renting points and were upgraded to a 1BR! We had a lake view studio and the 1BR was standard view, but it was definitely worth losing the lake view for the upgrade. That trip is what sealed the deal on purchasing DVC! I had always wanted to stay at Poly (still never have though) and GF, so when I came across a great PVB contract, I jumped on it. When it was taken, I decided I would probably rather have VGF anyway since I had the option to have a 1BR or 2BR not just a studio. So, I felt like that happened for a reason. Now, I’m just not sure what I want to do. But, I’ll probably start looking again soon! Thanks again!

Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, we LOVE ❤ VGF! We stayed there for the first time in December renting points and were upgraded to a 1BR! We had a lake view studio and the 1BR was standard view, but it was definitely worth losing the lake view for the upgrade. That trip is what sealed the deal on purchasing DVC! I had always wanted to stay at Poly (still never have though) and GF, so when I came across a great PVB contract, I jumped on it. When it was taken, I decided I would probably rather have VGF anyway since I had the option to have a 1BR or 2BR not just a studio. So, I felt like that happened for a reason. Now, I’m just not sure what I want to do. But, I’ll probably start looking again soon! Thanks again!
We saw the VGF 2bedroom so got a good impression of a studio and a 1bedroom - both so lovely! Reminds me of Riviera but just a little more swanky. Um... then saw the grand villa... bucket list - I must stay there some day! Yeah Poly is awesome but like you said - no 1 or 2 bedrooms and not hard to get a studio there at 7 months most of the year so owning at VGF will be awesome. Now just to decide how many points and the magic number for price to make sure it clears ROFR. And yes like you said in another post I don't put much glee in the accepted offer part - it's getting the magic Pass from ROFR when you know (barring strange circumstances) it's yours. Which (hopefully) for us is coming any day now. OK we totally overbid on ours so if it doesn't pass I'd be shocked but it's our third contract - I know until you get your first one the wait and process is the hardest. You got this! How many points are you looking (to start) for?

Thoughts?
just keep making offers and keep sending them through. I have had so many bought back. Just onto the next one. Its just a contract. They are all virtually the same in a way so just keep trying.

My bid was almost certainly higher than it needed to be. The highest one I've seen taken was $103 with closing costs paid for by the seller. So hopefully you'll be okay. We just did the math and figured that a) it was a loaded contract, and b) we would likely rent some points this year if we didn't buy. So when we factored that cost in, we figured it was better to overpay by a few bucks a point and skip the renting than it was to take our chances with a sharper bid. But that is definitely not the right choice for everyone. Good luck, and I'm very hopeful you get your pass shortly!

Congrats ! Still waiting for mine sent on 2/4. My points offer is lower than yours. Starting to get nervous 😬

My bid was almost certainly higher than it needed to be. The highest one I've seen taken was $103 with closing costs paid for by the seller. So hopefully you'll be okay. We just did the math and figured that a) it was a loaded contract, and b) we would likely rent some points this year if we didn't buy. So when we factored that cost in, we figured it was better to overpay by a few bucks a point and skip the renting than it was to take our chances with a sharper bid. But that is definitely not the right choice for everyone. Good luck, and I'm very hopeful you get your pass shortly!
I agree with your thought process. Well, at least, it makes sense for us. We are trying to skip renting and hoping our contract passes ROFR. But I wish I would have joined this thread BEFORE we put in our offer cause I would have maybe paid a couple bucks more per point in hopes it makes it more likely to go through. We paid asking - maybe rookie mistake, don't know. In the long haul, that's cheaper than renting for another year. Fingers crossed. But if we have to start over with bidding on a new contract, I'll bid up.

We saw the VGF 2bedroom so got a good impression of a studio and a 1bedroom - both so lovely! Reminds me of Riviera but just a little more swanky. Um... then saw the grand villa... bucket list - I must stay there some day! Yeah Poly is awesome but like you said - no 1 or 2 bedrooms and not hard to get a studio there at 7 months most of the year so owning at VGF will be awesome. Now just to decide how many points and the magic number for price to make sure it clears ROFR. And yes like you said in another post I don't put much glee in the accepted offer part - it's getting the magic Pass from ROFR when you know (barring strange circumstances) it's yours. Which (hopefully) for us is coming any day now. OK we totally overbid on ours so if it doesn't pass I'd be shocked but it's our third contract - I know until you get your first one the wait and process is the hardest. You got this! How many points are you looking (to start) for?
VGF Grand Villa is definitely on my bucket list as well!
I’ve been looking in the 175-200 pt range.
Poly was 190 points and VGF was 175.
Thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks! It’s definitely a roller coaster! I guess if I can’t go to Disney right now, I can at least get part of the experience! 😂
I think the waiting is the hardest! I’m okay with moving on to the next, it’s just so hard to have to wait so long to find out. I guess I need to change my expectations. Just expect for it to not go through and not check my email and this thread obsessively and if one happens to make it, I can be excited then as opposed to getting excited when an offer is accepted and feeling like it’s already mine. It’s just so hard to feel like something is ripped out from under you.
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
That's the spirit!!

The real depression is when you are finished making offers!! I miss the excitement of picking out contracts to buy!

Good luck and keep us informed! We are here for you!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

That's the spirit!!

The real depression is when you are finished making offers!! I miss the excitement of picking out contracts to buy!

Good luck and keep us informed! We are here for you!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
That’s the attitude 🕺I saw a good 100 pt VGF on one of the main sites today - hope one comes round for you soon Disneymom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter