ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am remembering correctly, there may be something in the FL timeshare law that prohibits that.

But, what difference does it make how long it stays? That should be up to a seller and if they want to keep it higher then they should be able to do so.
Just my personal preference, not to clutter up the listings with people who don't really want to sell. I know it's not realistic, for some reason the world doesn't revolve around my preferences.

1679953137439.jpeg

Seeking advice from this community: my Fidelity Real Estate (Fidelity) agent is ghosting me after making a couple of mistakes that has delayed the ROFR and closing process for at least 3 weeks.

What happened:
  • After getting my offer accepted, my agent used Mason Title, which wasted over a week because Mason Title cannot close Aulani transactions
  • After a couple weeks, the First American Title Company (FATC) contacted me and told me that they cannot start anything until they receive the "initial deposit" - which I paid via Fidelity to Mason in the initial paperwork
  • I hear nothing from my Fidelity agent or coordinator for days (despite my agent being copied on the email noting that FATC hasn't received initial deposit), so I contact my agent - who finally tells me that they've been trying to get Mason to transfer the initial deposit funds to FATC directly
  • We're currently in some blackhole holding pattern b/c my agent doesn't know what to do, and I have no idea how long this delay will continue.
  • Both Fidelity and FATC have been slow to respond and I'm losing patience with both, and getting frustrated with this whole transaction.
I wished Fidelity would've notified me as soon as we switched from Mason to FATC and talked through options (e.g., how do I want to pay the initial deposit to FATC and separately get a refund from Mason)

Anyone have any advice on what I can do to expedite the closing of this transaction? Is there a way to escalate to "management" with either Fidelity or FATC?
other than being on the phone and calling them non-stop to pester them, probably not. Do you have a grace period. I'd walk away from the deal and look for a new contract. There are so many Aulani contracts in the market.

Indeed, I added some VGF2 direct points last spring specifically to continue booking 1 br.s in the original building, albeit for a few more days. I did try out the resort studios & thought they were fine & I really loved BPK’s location, but I love those 1 br.s more 😂.
Lol - yep, you can see it in much of the home booking windows - everything is gone, even all of the 1BR categories - except those resort studio - theme park view and resort studio - lagoon view... The resort studio - theme park view is open the entire month of November LOL (the only room type that is) and the lagoon view 24 days in a row - nothing else close... sigh... the Deluxe std studios were already hard and now they're near impossible... interesting how all these people say they supposedly like the resort studios - yet people seem to book all the other rooms first 🤣 🤣

Seeking advice from this community: my Fidelity Real Estate (Fidelity) agent is ghosting me after making a couple of mistakes that has delayed the ROFR and closing process for at least 3 weeks.

What happened:
  • After getting my offer accepted, my agent used Mason Title, which wasted over a week because Mason Title cannot close Aulani transactions
  • After a couple weeks, the First American Title Company (FATC) contacted me and told me that they cannot start anything until they receive the "initial deposit" - which I paid via Fidelity to Mason in the initial paperwork
  • I hear nothing from my Fidelity agent or coordinator for days (despite my agent being copied on the email noting that FATC hasn't received initial deposit), so I contact my agent - who finally tells me that they've been trying to get Mason to transfer the initial deposit funds to FATC directly
  • We're currently in some blackhole holding pattern b/c my agent doesn't know what to do, and I have no idea how long this delay will continue.
  • Both Fidelity and FATC have been slow to respond and I'm losing patience with both, and getting frustrated with this whole transaction.
I wished Fidelity would've notified me as soon as we switched from Mason to FATC and talked through options (e.g., how do I want to pay the initial deposit to FATC and separately get a refund from Mason)

Anyone have any advice on what I can do to expedite the closing of this transaction? Is there a way to escalate to "management" with either Fidelity or FATC?
Have you considered bypassing your agent and going directly to Mason? Not sure if that’s an option, but after all this time I’d want my deposit back! The rest can fall into place once the deposit is returned.

Is SSR at under $100 per point for 200 points pretty good price? I see few that are in this price range with 200-250 points but seeing very limited SSR contracts with less then 150 points (most are $130~)
Here is the most recent sold/passed listings from people that have reported on disboards
$100 would be my limit on a 200 point contract.
1679961927474.png

Is SSR at under $100 per point for 200 points pretty good price? I see few that are in this price range with 200-250 points but seeing very limited SSR contracts with less then 150 points (most are $130~)
I got an offer accepted for $90 pp, for 150 points. I ended up deciding against it, but that was just last Thursday

I would only contest that BPK was an easy and inexpensive flip, basically selling a renovated building at the full price. Where as, Poly2 and VDH are completely brand new buildings from the ground up which will cost DVD that much more in cost. What DVD did with BPK is almost a scam IMO.
I don't disagree that they made a killing with their cheap flip on VGF2 LOL - but the contract life doesn't affect their recovery on poly2. If they need to sell 20 million points at $217 per point to recover the cost of the building, that's what they will do. Whether the owners get 42 years or 50 doesn't matter in their building recovery cost.... They get $4.3 billion either way at sales price x points sold... it's a one time deal on the building cost. What it does for them though, is enable them to flip it 8 years earlier and 42 years from now they can do a cheap flip and re-sell it as 50 million points at $500 per point (as prices will be crazy then) instead of having to wait to the 50 year mark to do that - so they get round 2 on the same building a lot faster

I think my preference would be to AKV for a couple of reasons- my wife loves animals, and I can see her thrilled staying at AKV. She also loves Christmas and while BRV and CCV supposedly have the nicest Christmas decorations I can see her enjoying the AKV lobby also.

I have time to purchase so we will make a decision after our August trip.
I think it's a toss up whether AK or WL have the best lobby at Christmas. Both are stunning!!! The placement wasn't as close to the glass outside wall in the year I took this photo, but when it's closer to that glass wall and you see it from outside in the animal viewing area, it's a whole new level of wow....

Attachments

• AKV Lobby at Christmas.jpg
    AKV Lobby at Christmas.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 21
  • AK lobby at Christmas from outside.jpg
    AK lobby at Christmas from outside.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 21
I don't disagree that they made a killing with their cheap flip on VGF2 LOL - but the contract life doesn't affect their recovery on poly2. If they need to sell 20 million points at $217 per point to recover the cost of the building, that's what they will do. Whether the owners get 42 years or 50 doesn't matter in their building recovery cost.... They get $4.3 billion either way at sales price x points sold... it's a one time deal on the building cost. What it does for them though, is enable them to flip it 8 years earlier and 42 years from now they can do a cheap flip and re-sell it as 50 million points at $500 per point (as prices will be crazy then) instead of having to wait to the 50 year mark to do that - so they get round 2 on the same building a lot faster
I completely agree. I just don't think DVD would be that sinister. Or am I too naive! Many people would be shocked and disgusted, if VDH had less than 40 years from the start of its contract. Just as shocked if Poly2 had less than 50 years, AND as a separate association. I think a lot of people on this board would lose it.

I completely agree. I just don't think DVD would be that sinister. Or am I too naive! Many people would be shocked and disgusted, if VDH had less than 40 years from the start of its contract. Just as shocked if Poly2 had less than 50 years, AND as a separate association. I think a lot of people on this board would lose it.

Well, they didn’t always sell 50 year contracts. But, I think DVD will make whatever choices woek best for them and in the case if BPK, they decided that converters hotel rooms had a market..

Whatever decisions go with VDH and Poly tower will be what works for them and they will find a way to sell them.

Well, they didn’t always sell 50 year contracts. But, I think DVD will make whatever choices woek best for them and in the case if BPK, they decided that converters hotel rooms had a market..

Whatever decisions go with VDH and Poly tower will be what works for them and they will find a way to sell them.
oh I have no doubt. And people will find a way to buy them. I guess I haven't been around long enough to remember. It just seems so inconsistent why some resorts get the full 50 and others not. Value proposition, and selling point, seems so much more enticing the longer the contract. But I suppose it could also be a negative, if someone is in their 60's and have no one to pass it on to? Either way, Disney will find ways to market and tug at our heart strings. It will be entertaining in the least to see potential VDH buyers' reactions to a sub 40 year contract.

EDIT* - Also to be fair, non of my contracts had full 50 years left on them when I bought them. I guess even I don't really care about having the full 50 so there you go.

Last edited:
oh I have no doubt. And people will find a way to buy them. I guess I haven't been around long enough to remember. It just seems so inconsistent why some resorts get the full 50 and others not. Value proposition, and selling point, seems so much more enticing the longer the contract. But I suppose it could also be a negative, if someone is in their 60's and have no one to pass it on to? Either way, Disney will find ways to market and tug at our heart strings. It will be entertaining in the least to see potential VDH buyers' reactions to a sub 40 year contract.

The iresorts that expire 2042 all matched OKW which was 50 years and then it changed.

BPK is obviously is being sold with less years because it rolled into VGF which had long been sold out.

Since Poly tower is going at the same hotel as PVB but that still has quite a bit of time left, it’s not exaclty the same as CCV and BRV.

It will be interesting! I just wish we could get some new info to discuss!! Lol

How much under $100? I’d say SSR in the high 90’s at $200 per point is at the higher end of what has been passing on average these days. I had a fully loaded 200 point contract pass for $93 pp a month ago. I would consider that to be about an average deal right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter