ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright quick advice is appreciated. How do other members feel on AKL at $100.00 per point? I just had an accepted offer and I was hoping to get a little better of a deal with closing or dues paid by the seller but no luck. It is a smaller contract but will increase my AKL points up. We fell in love the resort after our last stay there. Plus I think when the rooms get redone it will be even better. Thanks all!!
I’ve been keeping an eye on AK for a while and that’s a great price, especially on the smaller point contracts. I also offered $100pp on a 40 point contract last week! Can’t wait to find out if RoFr stays sleeping! Good luck to both of us!

Alright quick advice is appreciated. How do other members feel on AKL at $100.00 per point? I just had an accepted offer and I was hoping to get a little better of a deal with closing or dues paid by the seller but no luck. It is a smaller contract but will increase my AKL points up. We fell in love the resort after our last stay there. Plus I think when the rooms get redone it will be even better. Thanks all!!
If you look at prices 2020-2025 I bet $100 per point will be in the lowest few percent anyone pays. Maybe you can do a bit better. Or Maybe they’ll start ROFRing again before you do. Hard to say.

Update - WE PASSED ROFR

Lawnknome---$115-$21726-175-BWV-Mar-95/22, 175/23, 175/24, 175/25- sent 3/20, passed 3/27
Wow that’s sweet! Great timing too with Boardwalk getting some love resort wide with changes and refurbs.

It means that my probability of getting a Deluxe Studio (in the original building with a proper kitchenette, and more importantly, 2 showers) is much greater. The DLX studios go much faster than the hotel rooms...
In the case of VGF2 it was a downgrade for a prior owner. Now all those people buying VGF points aren’t all buying for those resort studios. They want the deluxe studios with the 2 showers and kitchenette and also some want the 1&2br. 2br standard was already a challenge to get at certain times and gets even harder with a bigger pool of owners and no more 2BR standards added 😊 on the flip side a poly 2 would be upside for current owners - giving 1 and 2br options and a bigger pool to consume those overpriced bungalows 😂 So as an owner of both, I’m salty about VGF2 but rooting for Poly2 😂😂😂
I'm no lawyer but I wish original VGF owners would be able to legally challenge bringing BPK as part of the existing association. It shows me DVD can really push the boundaries to the detriment of existing owners.

Totally agree. They are not budging either. They do not make sense to buy until the low $100s. Just like these BWVs.
BCV always going to go for more than BWV just because of lower volume of contracts and SAB. Personally I do think they should be even as the point chart and room views better at BWV

Disney actually makes more money by selling it at new pricing and giving owners only 42 years like they did with VGF2. They can flip it and sell it again faster - $217/42 is more $ for them than $217/50 😊 and people are eating VGF2 up. Timing will be similar on poly - 42ish years left there too when it becomes available. Speculation is our entertainment as we sit here waiting for news on VDH 😂
I would only contest that BPK was an easy and inexpensive flip, basically selling a renovated building at the full price. Where as, Poly2 and VDH are completely brand new buildings from the ground up which will cost DVD that much more in cost. What DVD did with BPK is almost a scam IMO.

If you look at prices 2020-2025 I bet $100 per point will be in the lowest few percent anyone pays. Maybe you can do a bit better. Or Maybe they’ll start ROFRing again before you do. Hard to say.
I just went under contract on a double point, 160 point Dec UY at $94pp this weekend. 2020 to about a month and a half ago is not relevant.

I bought BCV at $145 and $150pp a year ago with loaded contracts. I would not touch any BCV over $125. The money does not make sense higher than that. BCV are effectively booked solid through 2023,so it is an 18 year contact. I think most of those BCV owners thinking those contracts are worth $140 and up are in lala land.

I kinda wish the brokers charged like $5/mo to list your contract. Right now no reason for people to not just leave a way overpriced contract out there forever, just incase one sucker lucky customer stumbles by. Even a small fee would encourage sellers to "poop or get off the the pot" as my old granny used to say 🤣

I know it probably will never happen for multiple reasons, but a guy can wish.

I kinda wish the brokers charged like $5/mo to list your contract. Right now no reason for people to not just leave a way overpriced contract out there forever, just incase one sucker lucky customer stumbles by. Even a small fee would encourage sellers to "poop or get off the the pot" as my old granny used to say 🤣

Funny, I put in an offer on a nearly stripped contract for BCV and they still had at $171/pt - YEAH RIGHT.
I withdrew and put an offer for a BWV contract - waiting on ROFR now.

All are my favorite resorts.
BLT has a longer expiration and I think is worth the investment with the variety of rooms available and proximity to MK, Monorail.

AKV also has amazing rooms and is only a few years behind BLT. And prices may drop on resale even more right now since Disney is currently running a direct promo on AKV.

BRV has captured my attention recently too. The Wilderness Lodge is one of the best themed resorts at Disney. The ability to buy it a low enough price during this time would make it so in the end it wouldn't matter to sell because I would have gotten what I paid for and still saved on Disney trips. Bonus: this resort is only a boat ride away from MK.

Right now I think all 3 are very tempting choices, you just have to decide which better suits your vacation style and needs.

Buying into another resort does give you the option for the 11month booking window. You could do the 2 or 3 year banking trick at the new resort at the 11 month window. You would need it for standard rooms at BLT and Kilmanjaro and Value rooms at AK.
As long as you look for the same UY, combining points is easier at the 7 month window.
I think my preference would be to AKV for a couple of reasons- my wife loves animals, and I can see her thrilled staying at AKV. She also loves Christmas and while BRV and CCV supposedly have the nicest Christmas decorations I can see her enjoying the AKV lobby also.

I have time to purchase so we will make a decision after our August trip.

I think my preference would be to AKV for a couple of reasons- my wife loves animals, and I can see her thrilled staying at AKV. She also loves Christmas and while BRV and CCV supposedly have the nicest Christmas decorations I can see her enjoying the AKV lobby also.

I have time to purchase so we will make a decision after our August trip.
Both are beautiful and feel cozy at Christmas. I was at AKV this past Christmas and just took a short ride to lunch over at Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch on one of the days. I was able to see both on the same trip.
AKV definitely felt like a 2nd home-very spacious kitchen for cooking, eating on the balconies if you have a Savanna room, a scenic walk to restaurants going by all the Savanna overlooks.
If you are driving or have a car, access to the Kidani rooms are so fast and easy similar to parking just outside your room at OKW and SSR.

Have a great vacation in August!

I'm no lawyer but I wish original VGF owners would be able to legally challenge bringing BPK as part of the existing association. It shows me DVD can really push the boundaries to the detriment of existing owners.

The POS allows them to add to the resort.

If I am remembering correctly, there may be something in the FL timeshare law that prohibits that.

But, what difference does it make how long it stays? That should be up to a seller and if they want to keep it higher then they should be able to do so.

In the case of VGF2 it was a downgrade for a prior owner. Now all those people buying VGF points aren’t all buying for those resort studios. They want the deluxe studios with the 2 showers and kitchenette and also some want the 1&2br. 2br standard was already a challenge to get at certain times and gets even harder with a bigger pool of owners and no more 2BR standards added 😊 on the flip side a poly 2 would be upside for current owners - giving 1 and 2br options and a bigger pool to consume those overpriced bungalows 😂 So as an owner of both, I’m salty about VGF2 but rooting for Poly2 😂😂😂
Indeed, I added some VGF2 direct points last spring specifically to continue booking 1 br.s in the original building, albeit for a few more days. I did try out the resort studios & thought they were fine & I really loved BPK’s location, but I love those 1 br.s more 😂.

Both are beautiful and feel cozy at Christmas. I was at AKV this past Christmas and just took a short ride to lunch over at Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch on one of the days. I was able to see both on the same trip.
AKV definitely felt like a 2nd home-very spacious kitchen for cooking, eating on the balconies if you have a Savanna room, a scenic walk to restaurants going by all the Savanna overlooks.
If you are driving or have a car, access to the Kidani rooms are so fast and easy similar to parking just outside your room at OKW and SSR.

Have a great vacation in August!
Thank you

If I am remembering correctly, there may be something in the FL timeshare law that prohibits that.

But, what difference does it make how long it stays? That should be up to a seller and if they want to keep it higher then they should be able to do so.
I agree, If the broker is getting sick of dealing with an unrealistic seller, they’re free to drop the listing. Reduce load on their servers by some small amount.

Seeking advice from this community: my Fidelity Real Estate (Fidelity) agent is ghosting me after making a couple of mistakes that has delayed the ROFR and closing process for at least 3 weeks.

What happened:
  • After getting my offer accepted, my agent used Mason Title, which wasted over a week because Mason Title cannot close Aulani transactions
  • After a couple weeks, the First American Title Company (FATC) contacted me and told me that they cannot start anything until they receive the "initial deposit" - which I paid via Fidelity to Mason in the initial paperwork
  • I hear nothing from my Fidelity agent or coordinator for days (despite my agent being copied on the email noting that FATC hasn't received initial deposit), so I contact my agent - who finally tells me that they've been trying to get Mason to transfer the initial deposit funds to FATC directly
  • We're currently in some blackhole holding pattern b/c my agent doesn't know what to do, and I have no idea how long this delay will continue.
  • Both Fidelity and FATC have been slow to respond and I'm losing patience with both, and getting frustrated with this whole transaction.
I wished Fidelity would've notified me as soon as we switched from Mason to FATC and talked through options (e.g., how do I want to pay the initial deposit to FATC and separately get a refund from Mason)

Anyone have any advice on what I can do to expedite the closing of this transaction? Is there a way to escalate to "management" with either Fidelity or FATC?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter