ROFR Thread Jan to March 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update, we just received information that we passed ROFR! Also, I wasn't able to make two notes in the link but it was also an international seller.

Cydni88---$112-$30615-245-AKV-Sep-18/18, 245/19, 245/20, 245/21-seller pays MF '19- sent 12/27, passed 1/6

oh, ours went over the business day after you. Here’s hoping that means I hear back soon, too!

Nervous about buying? No need to be nervous about passing at that price! Great loads contract!!
Just nervous because it's a new process for us. I feel like we've researched quite a bit and these boards are super helpful, but it is a lot of new terminology, info, etc. Definitely feeling more excitement than anything else!

Question for all the new DVC members or soon to be members *fingers crossed* lol
- are any of you thinking about adding 100 pts direct for perks? If so when? What resort?

Question for all the new DVC members or soon to be members *fingers crossed* lol
- are any of you thinking about adding 100 pts direct for perks? If so when? What resort?
No they aren’t worth the cost increase for us

i started with direct points at BRV because we wanted the perks, especially for savings on annual passes. We chose it as it’s one of our favorites, but also not completely outrageous direct price. We bought our remaining bought our remaining points resale (also BRV).

We’re now adding on at AKV via resale (assuming we pass ROFR).

I currently have about 5 contracts at various points in the closing process. All resale.
As a Florida resident I couldn’t justify paying the cost of direct, especially since we already have silver annual passes and the discounts to go with it. That said, I would really like to get the special event perks, so I very well could see myself adding 2 x 50 points contracts DIRECT(assuming they don’t raise the point level again) once we determine which resorts we want a few more points at. And it makes sense because then I don’t have to wait for months for a small point contract with the same use year to come on the resale market.

Nope no interest. I wouldn’t get enough out of the perks to make it worth all the extra money. Had they not put resale restrictions in place reflections would have been my second home instead of BLT.

I contemplated it. The desire to be “varsity DVC” ,as it’s portrayed a lot by the DVC “hardos” gave me some thought. Then I did the math and I realized that for my family, the direct route just was not worth it in any of the scenarios I played out.

Nope. Not worth it. I might buy direct if/ when I decide to add on 25 or 50 points for the convenience with difficulty matching use year. Also the savings aren't as much when looking at such a small contract, but will not add on 100 direct. If I decide to add on more than 50 I'll be patient and find the right resale.

We're close to buying DVC for the 1st time and no matter how much my heart wants to buy direct, my head says "No!"
The perks/discounts are nice but saving $5-10k resale could buy alot of fun at WDW on our trips over the next several years.

Nope no interest. I wouldn’t get enough out of the perks to make it worth all the extra money. Had they not put resale restrictions in place reflections would have been my second home instead of BLT.

Nope. Not worth it. I might buy direct if/ when I decide to add on 25 or 50 points for the convenience with difficulty matching use year. Also the savings aren't as much when looking at such a small contract, but will not add on 100 direct. If I decide to add on more than 50 I'll be patient and find the right resale.

I contemplated it. The desire to be “varsity DVC” ,as it’s portrayed a lot by the DVC “hardos” gave me some thought. Then I did the math and I realized that for my family, the direct route just was not worth it in any of the scenarios I played out.

We're close to buying DVC for the 1st time and no matter how much my heart wants to buy direct, my head says "No!"
The perks/discounts are nice but saving $5-10k resale could buy alot of fun at WDW on our trips over the next several years.

I keep trying to run the numbers and the only perk that would kinda make sense is the Gold AP option. However; I still don't know how many years I'll actually go to Disney more than once or twice; esp once my son starts school. Not to mention all the other destinations we would want him to travel to. And Yes the "Blue Card" would be nice; but I can't pay that extra fee just in case I some day could use a discount. I was just trying to get a feel for what the new member's thoughts on adding direct.

I actually added 50 pts and still saved over $4,000. ( same use year and same home resort)

I currently have about 5 contracts at various points in the closing process. All resale.
As a Florida resident I couldn’t justify paying the cost of direct, especially since we already have silver annual passes and the discounts to go with it. That said, I would really like to get the special event perks, so I very well could see myself adding 2 x 50 points contracts DIRECT(assuming they don’t raise the point level again) once we determine which resorts we want a few more points at. And it makes sense because then I don’t have to wait for months for a small point contract with the same use year to come on the resale market.

It's funny bc I thought that you would not want the direct bc you already get FL rates for tickets. But I guess that's why Disney still has high direct sales, bc we all want different things.

i started with direct points at BRV because we wanted the perks, especially for savings on annual passes. We chose it as it’s one of our favorites, but also not completely outrageous direct price. We bought our remaining bought our remaining points resale (also BRV).

We’re now adding on at AKV via resale (assuming we pass ROFR).

If I ever was to buy direct, it would def be at one of the lower costing resorts. Most likely Old Key West, since it'd give me the longest contract for a decent price. Wish I would have gotten into the DVC world when it was just 25 pts for direct perks.

If I ever was to buy direct, it would def be at one of the lower costing resorts. Most likely Old Key West, since it'd give me the longest contract for a decent price. Wish I would have gotten into the DVC world when it was just 25 pts for direct perks.
Oh, if I could only go back 5 years with the knowledge that I possess now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter