ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this should be in its own thread or even PM, but is there an error on the "normalized" page for BRV for "this year" i see my contract listed correctly, but on the chart it's down in the $70's? (is that what normalized means?)
Yeah, sorry I still need to add an explanation of the normalizing process. It's just trying to evaluate all the contracts on even-footing. It looks like you got a loaded contract with either below avg closing costs or seller-paid '23 MF's. Essentially the $99/pt you paid for that contract would be equivalent to paying ~$74/pt for a regular (not loaded) contract with $750 closing costs and buyer-paid 2023 MF's. You can do a similar back-of-the-napkin calculation yourself by approximating the value of the loaded points with their rental value (~$20*50pts = $1,000) also take into account the lower than average closing costs + MF. Normal closing costs: $750cc + $8.51 * 50pts = $1,175.5, versus what you paid: $715. Subtract the value of those "bonuses" from what you paid -> $5,665 - $1,000 loaded pts - $460.50 lower MF&cc = $4,204.5. Now take the ratio of the two and apply it to your purchase price/pt and you get in the same ballpark: 4,204.5/5665 * 99 = $73.5

I have now officially unfollowed this thread, as I am NOT going to succumb to any more addonitis any time in the foreseeable future.

I have not, however, unsubscribed to any of the resales sites or deleted any bookmarks to any other sales or aggregator sites.

Baby steps.
I did that once, and yet now I am back. Will unsubscribe again once I get this contract complete (or maybe I won’t). Haha

I have now officially unfollowed this thread, as I am NOT going to succumb to any more addonitis any time in the foreseeable future.

I have not, however, unsubscribed to any of the resales sites or deleted any bookmarks to any other sales or aggregator sites.

Baby steps.
So.. you are asking all of us to message you personally on all the great deals that are happening. 😂

mkatsy---$85-$18570-190-OKW-Jun-0/22, 191/23, 190/24, 190/25- sent 5/22 passed 6/7 received my closing documents today (Mason). I'm going to have to wait until Monday to wire the funds, but this is moving along nicely.
This is good news! I’m exactly a week behind you (went to ROFR 5/29 and also using Mason). Maybe I’ll hear something next week!

Baby steps.

Ok folks… place your bets.

What happens first? Don is back before July or Chapek comes back as CEO?

But then who owns the "free" points? What pool do they come out of? Does DVC then have to keep a supply of points from every resort and UY in order to credit those points? I mean, they'd have to maintian points that match every contract they sell under that scheme or they are worthless. Depending on how many people they offer this deal to, there could be a ton of points they'd need to hang on to. Plus, how do you pay MF's on points you don't legally own? They include property taxes, etc.
Hey, I like your signatures. Where did you get them?

Agreed, but I’m not sure Disney shares the rack rates for non WDW properties. At least I couldn’t find them.
Yeah, I keep a spreadsheet of what I spend with my points and what it would cost rack rate and I could never find them for VGC. I just went into the booking system and clicked on dates to see what they were charging. That was the best I could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter