• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying your contract actually says 145 points, but you're given 150 every year? How does that even work? I know they had a deal where you "paid for X but got Y", but the contract was for the full allotment of points and was really just a discount on the purchase.
I purchased with this offer. It’s a regular 150 points contract (well, I split it. 2x75) with a 5 points discount. You don’t get free points every year.

Are you saying your contract actually says 145 points, but you're given 150 every year? How does that even work? I know they had a deal where you "paid for X but got Y", but the contract was for the full allotment of points and was really just a discount on the purchase.

From what has been posted, people are charged for 145 points but the contract is written for 150.

Basically they price is adjusted.

CrescentLakeFam---$120-$22970-175-BCV-Feb-0/22, 152/23, 175/24, 175/25- sent 5/19
Soooo excited to receive this news this AM!! We initially purchased at a differrent home resort but we wanted 11 month access to our favorite!! 🥰

CrescentLakeFam---$120-$22970-175-BCV-Feb-0/22, 152/23, 175/24, 175/25- sent 5/19 passed 6/7

Last edited:

How many people have sold contracts that can't close for 6+ months because of planned trips?
I have sold two this way, two at 6 months and the others at 4 months out....no issues any of the times we did it.

A broker should definitely have this in the listing as a delayed closing, but not because of broker honesty - I think it's more about the fact that a contract can't change hands while points are in use/tied up in reservations.
I have a SSR contract that cant close until July 16th lol - the broker still marked it for transperancy even though there is no way the contract was closing before than anyways,

Hello All! Now that my deal is all final and points have been loaded I wanted to quickly check back in, say my thank you’s and give a fun update on our purchase.

First off, thank you all for the information posted in these ROFR threads. Understanding what contracts were selling for was immensely helpful with giving us the confidence to make an offer that we thought was fair. We were quite lucky in that our one and only offer was accepted by the seller, so I suppose they too found it to be reasonable.

I also loved learning about the different brokers; the one we chose required a little bit more ‘follow-up’ from us, but going in knowing we’d be saving a ton of money by doing this little bit of ‘nudging along’ made this relatively painless for us.

Lastly, we purchased a 200 point contract (0 2022 points listed). When the points were loaded we found an additional 400 points in 2022. Apparently the previous owner had banked 2021 points into 2022, and then not used any of those 2022 points. While we were past our banking deadline for 2023, Disney did allow a one time exception, so 200 of those points have moved into 2023, and the remaining 2022 points will be used for a nice ‘bonus’ vacation!

We definitely plan to put this contact to good use and thank the previous owner for the bonus points! :D

If a broker is honest, they should have it noted in the listing if they have a delayed closing.

A broker should definitely have this in the listing as a delayed closing, but not because of broker honesty - I think it's more about the fact that a contract can't change hands while points are in use/tied up in reservations.

Sorry, I should have said I would be the one selling lol. We are thinking about selling our (details removed) contract and buying a 150 point Riviera contract but not sure..

Hello All! Now that my deal is all final and points have been loaded I wanted to quickly check back in, say my thank you’s and give a fun update on our purchase.

First off, thank you all for the information posted in these ROFR threads. Understanding what contracts were selling for was immensely helpful with giving us the confidence to make an offer that we thought was fair. We were quite lucky in that our one and only offer was accepted by the seller, so I suppose they too found it to be reasonable.

I also loved learning about the different brokers; the one we chose required a little bit more ‘follow-up’ from us, but going in knowing we’d be saving a ton of money by doing this little bit of ‘nudging along’ made this relatively painless for us.

Lastly, we purchased a 200 point contract (0 2022 points listed). When the points were loaded we found an additional 400 points in 2022. Apparently the previous owner had banked 2021 points into 2022, and then not used any of those 2022 points. While we were past our banking deadline for 2023, Disney did allow a one time exception, so 200 of those points have moved into 2023, and the remaining 2022 points will be used for a nice ‘bonus’ vacation!

We definitely plan to put this contact to good use and thank the previous owner for the bonus points! :D
Holy guacamole! That is an amazing score!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter