ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is such a relief to see this!! I sent on 6/3 for pretty much the same contract (75 pts) so there is hope for me yet!! Sitting on the edge of my seat, terrified.
I saw someone else post on a Facebook group that they got ROFR’d at $167 for like 100 points or something like that for CCV. So I got really scared. Good luck!!!!

I just sent one off for 352 points at $124 with seller covering annual dues. I guess I ought to realize it's much too good to be true.
I hear you, but you never know. I have another one in ROFR for 150 points at $110. I know it's a snowballs chance in you know what, but as Jim Carrey's character in Dumb and Dumber said, so you're telling me there's a chance!

For those that immediately rebid on a new contract, can you just leave the deposit with the title company to use for the new contract even if you buy the contract from a different website? Planning my plan of attack... 😅
I actually switched brokers but they both used Cammy at Mason Title so it was no problem to switch the deposit over to the new contract. My originally broker (on the taken contract) sent her an e-mail telling her to hold onto the deposit (and not auto-refund it) and then asked her to transfer it to the new contract. I called her first just to check if that was something they could do and she said it was totally fine. Of course, my first broker wanted to help us find something else but my second contract was an international seller and they didn’t have any of those at the time so they understood and were very helpful.

I actually switched brokers but they both used Cammy at Mason Title so it was no problem to switch the deposit over to the new contract. My originally broker (on the taken contract) sent her an e-mail telling her to hold onto the deposit (and not auto-refund it) and then asked her to transfer it to the new contract. I called her first just to check if that was something they could do and she said it was totally fine. Of course, my first broker wanted to help us find something else but my second contract was an international seller and they didn’t have any of those at the time so they understood and were very helpful.
Perfect. This was what I was hoping to do and my money is with Cammy right now as well. Of course if Disney just let me have the contract then that would be even better 😝

Has anyone from the UK bought a resale contract from a UK or other international citizen? how did you sort the tax issue? we were told we would need to sort something, which puts me off. However I know international get through way easier….

Has anyone from the UK bought a resale contract from a UK or other international citizen? how did you sort the tax issue? we were told we would need to sort something, which puts me off. However I know international get through way easier….
I was also wondering this. Unless my $119 SSR magically passes……..

Only thing I could see is that they can’t get to a notary for the docs (if that is required). Other than that, maybe they are in the hospital? 🤔
My seller "has COVID" and therefore "can't sign her closing documents."

Someone explain that to me.

I don’t know about other states, but I believe Florida requires two witnesses (or one other witness plus the notary can act as a witness) to also sign the deed. It would take me a bit to coordinate all that.

I don’t know about other states, but I believe Florida requires two witnesses (or one other witness plus the notary can act as a witness) to also sign the deed. It would take me a bit to coordinate all that.
It is in my state as well but it depends on what step in the process we are talking about. If it is closing then yes but if it is just accepting an offer to go to ROFR then no notary required.

This one was a single signature with one notary. Took me 30 seconds at a UPS store and I didn't have to go within 6 feet of anyone.

Depends on how it hits them. My brother and his wife had it last week. He was mostly okay. She slept 20 hours a day for a week. if I was in the latter position, signing DVC documents might not be high on my list.

They cant get to a notary due and home ones won’t go to them due to Covid. Plus, the requirement is to quarantine when diagnosed so not to expose others, not to mention the person may have severe, vs. mild symptoms.

Last edited:
FedEx dropoff is in Walgreens. "Isolate" doesn't mean "you can't enter a pharmacy of all places for 15 seconds."

I realize it is disappointing. Since we don't allow covid discussions, and this being off topic, I have deleted some posts. Any future posts discussing the topic of Covid, and guidelines will be issued warnings for forum violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!