ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo....I was scanning the daily email blast and I saw these two... Does anyone have any idea how to get these points back from the grim reaper? Dual contracts with 500 each expiring come August. Brutal!

Contract 1
Contract 2

Soooo....I was scanning the daily email blast and I saw these two... Does anyone have any idea how to get these points back from the grim reaper? Dual contracts with 500 each expiring come August. Brutal!

Contract 1
Contract 2
Have them book you a Grand Villa for July and make an offer on that. It'll probably get taken in ROFR, they get their contract sold, and you get a free vacation! lol

Have them book you a Grand Villa for July and make an offer on that. It'll probably get taken in ROFR, they get their contract sold, and you get a free vacation! lol
Broker will probably rent out the points hopefully. 1000 points wasted 😫

FedEx dropoff is in Walgreens. "Isolate" doesn't mean "you can't enter a pharmacy of all places for 15 seconds."
when I had it I could barely get out of bed for a few days. Getting something notarized would not be on my agenda, I'll tell you that. Then again they could be using it as an excuse, absolutely no way to know. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but I'm a sucker like that :)

My seller "has COVID" and therefore "can't sign her closing documents."

Someone explain that to me.
I've had 3 resale contracts where ROFR happened fairly quickly. However the title company took a long time to get the documents out and the sellers did not have the a high level of motivation getting their documents completed. Having a transaction that relies on multiple parties to complete the transaction is one of the huge annoyances of resale purchases. The seller having Covid definitely doesn't help.

Anyone have experience with a seller ghosting them? We passed ROFR on an 80 Pt SSR contract at $126/pt on May 4. We sent our documents back right away. Cammy said the sellers had an appt with notary that next week but apparently they’ve received no other updates and the sellers are unresponsive. Broker was very apologetic and said we can get refund at this point. BTW the owner is deceased and someone is selling on his behalf…there was an extra addendum in the contract for it. We’re thinking we’ll just try to wait it out but I’m not very confident at this point. But I’m less confident in passing ROFR again.

Anyone have experience with a seller ghosting them? We passed ROFR on an 80 Pt SSR contract at $126/pt on May 4. We sent our documents back right away. Cammy said the sellers had an appt with notary that next week but apparently they’ve received no other updates and the sellers are unresponsive. Broker was very apologetic and said we can get refund at this point. BTW the owner is deceased and someone is selling on his behalf…there was an extra addendum in the contract for it. We’re thinking we’ll just try to wait it out but I’m not very confident at this point. But I’m less confident in passing ROFR again.

I wonder if something happened with the estate. But it seems like they would have notified the title company...unless they know that you, as a buyer, can back out and want you to do that...this way, they don't breach the contract?

I hope you hear something soon. Personally, would have canceled a long time ago, but getting a contract at that price won't be easy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter