ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I guess not a bad strategy if you had all the WDW home resorts that you wanted already but otherwise smarter to get home field advantage first. I think that is how I am understanding it.
Yes. Also Aulani is a beach resort and may have higher increases on dues over the years than an inland resort. This would make it a less financially beneficial SAP resort.

If your dates are flexible at WDW, Aulani points may work well enough for WDW SAP. They are just other resorts that would work better at WDW for SAP than Aulani - most of the time.

Congrats on this! As a VGF owner, it’s nice to see the resale price holding up.

Thank you. This is simply a transfer out of resale points for direct points. I was fine holding on to these if a decent price wasn’t offered. I’m of the opinion the GFV resale price point will rise in less than 12 months.

Flash_Sloth---$165-$22281-125-BLT-Oct-0/21, 125/22, 125/23- sent 6/10

This is my first shot at buying resale; hopefully it goes smoothly. The original contract had my wife's name misspelled, and the sales agent likes misspelling my name in emails. But even if it gets taken by ROFR, at least we helped a seller.

Junebug2---$123.50-$30305-225-SSR-Aug-0/21, 225/22, 225/23-International seller- sent 6/10

Our FOURTH attempt since the end of February. We found an international seller with a bit more points than we wanted… but the price is right and ya’ll have me convinced there’s never enough points! Haha.

I’m told this is a sure pass - let’s hope so!
My magic 8 ball says, "Signs point to yes." Good luck!

OK, so I guess not a bad strategy if you had all the WDW home resorts that you wanted already but otherwise smarter to get home field advantage first. I think that is how I am understanding it.

You definitely don’t want all your points for WDW stays at off site resorts.

Personally I would not buy AUL for SAP unless I wanted to use them there at least some of the time.

We have SSR for SAP and have been very lucky to be able to use them other places..but at least we are at WDW if it didn’t work.

Junebug2---$123.50-$30305-225-SSR-Aug-0/21, 225/22, 225/23-International seller- sent 6/10

Our FOURTH attempt since the end of February. We found an international seller with a bit more points than we wanted… but the price is right and ya’ll have me convinced there’s never enough points! Haha.

I’m told this is a sure pass - let’s hope so!
My 210 point SSR from international seller with same UY recently passed ROFR @ $126. I think yours will be good.

"Buy where you want to stay" is overrated.

Team #SAP rise up.
I’m in this boat with you in the fact that we do have direct points where we love and we travel at really strange off times of the year and usually Sun-Thurs. We have a house on HHI that we can pop down to the parks fairly easily from last min too. Right now my first two SAP contracts are in ROFR attempts for ALK and SSR but after that I am eyeing AUL like hmmmmmmm

Last edited:
Do you mean in the current association? If they are not taking PVB in ROFR, it makes me think that it will be included in that they don't want more points to sell once Poly 2 is up for sale. There's a whole thread on this here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/poly-expansion-watch.3875840/page-13#post-64048125

I actually think it’s the opposite. They won’t want them because they won’t tie to the new tower. Amazing how no matter what they do can make the case either way!

"Buy where you want to stay" is overrated.

Team #SAP rise up.

View attachment 675514
Only if you don’t care what you get…if you have favorites and don’t want just anything or anywhere, then SAP will be frustrating.

No question you can get other resorts…but what and how many days, and travel times matter.

So, SAP work if your list of where you would be happy is longer than where you won’t.

They don’t work if you have to take Poly and you want to stay at VGF and can’t get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter