Road trip help please.

jessesgirl

Raising three princesses!
We are going to WDW in July and will be driving with a 2yo and 12yo I was thinking it would be fun and neat for them to have Disney themed games and activities to do on the road. I am making them activity books but I was thinking that games would be fun. I was wondering if anyone could help me make my idea a reality. I would love to make them paper dolls of some sort. I was thinking if I had images of the princesses and images of dresses or clothes for them I could print them and make paper dolls. I also thought of a Cars themed road map game I would need a road map and would love to have the girls names on them ( Cierra and Josie) and then have the cars images that I can cut out. I was thinking of putting these on magnet paper so they can move their cars around. Then I also thought of a princess or Mickey and Minnie checkers game.. Does anyone have images that I could use for this?
Any other ideas are more than welcomed ! Thanks in advance!!!

Not disney things but check out www.momsminivan.com for great game ideas and printables for car games like travel bingo, battleship, state license plate game and many more! If you print them...laminate them and take dry erase markers so you can play them more than once! You could copy and paste them into word and add disney images to make them disney. There are lots of great clips at www.disneyclips.com to do this. I will see if I can play around with some of them this week for you...

One idea that would be cute and you could make it Disney is to get an empty liter coke (or whatever soda you like to drink) bottle and take off the wrapper. Then fill it 1/2 to 2/3 full with rice and stick small things in it that the kids will have to find by turning the bottle around and around looking for the items. Then tell them how many items are in it and they will spend tons of time trying to find them all! Typically you put things like a paper clip, penny, dime, nickel, quarter, ball, puzzle piece...any small toy that will fit in the hole. Look for small disney toys/figurines that would fit in the bottle to add to other random items.

Here is my first one...Mickey's Battleship!:goodvibes Print one copy of the "Rules" sheet and 2, 4 or 6copies of the Game Sheet so that you have one for everyone in your family (and extended family if they are traveling with you). Only two can play per game...put if you have 4 players, they could pair up and play. Print this on 8.5x5.5 cardstock (half of a regular sheet of paper...I think it is a good travel size) and laminate. Then use dry erase markers so that you can use these over and over!

MickeysBattleshipHowtoPlay.jpg

MickeysBattleshipGridSheets2.jpg

Tinkerbell's Tic Tac Toe

I made this one to fit on 8.5 x 5.5 inch cardstock (half of a regular sheet of paper). I like this size because you can laminate it then stick it along with other games and dry erase markers in a pencil carrying case and keep them all together in your car!

TinksTickTacToe2.jpg

If you come across other posts of mine...you will find out that I am a list girl! Here is a list of travel games for you to print out on cardstock (front and back of one sheet). Then fold in half and keep in your glovebox or pencil carrying case with your printable games and dry erase markers:

TravelGameList1.jpg

TravelGameList2.jpg

Thank you so much ! This is great stufff! LOL I will now be able to make lots of fun things for them to do on the trip! I plan on getting an expandable file folder to hold the games, color pages , stickers ect.

Disney Mad Lib:

Print on the front and back of 8.5 x 5.5 piece of cardstock, laminate and let different family members take turns coming up with their own version of the story.

DisneyMadLibFront.jpg

DisneyMadLibBack.jpg

These are not ones that I made...but if you go to google click on the images tab...you will be able to find several disney paper doll images by trying just "paper dolls" and "paper dolls disney". Also there are several disney paper doll books that you can buy. I found a princess one at www.overstock.com

Here is one idea for how to make/travel with these. Print out on magnetic paper and trim around the edges. Then get an old school metal lunchbox...disney if you can find one! Put all of the dolls and clothes inside. Maybe put each doll and her clothes in individual ziploc baggies. Then they can use the inside lid of the lunch box to create the dolls. Here is a link to mickey heads with hats that I made that you can also put in the box for another fun paper doll type activity. Copy and paste them into word and resize to make them smaller or bigger to fit how you want to use them:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2184704

arielpaperdoll2.jpg

2401061860092793052aWmjxk_ph.jpg

2454536960092793052QCECEn_ph.jpg

We are going to WDW in July and will be driving with a 2yo and 12yo I was thinking it would be fun and neat for them to have Disney themed games and activities to do on the road. I am making them activity books but I was thinking that games would be fun. I was wondering if anyone could help me make my idea a reality. I would love to make them paper dolls of some sort. I was thinking if I had images of the princesses and images of dresses or clothes for them I could print them and make paper dolls. I also thought of a Cars themed road map game I would need a road map and would love to have the girls names on them ( Cierra and Josie) and then have the cars images that I can cut out. I was thinking of putting these on magnet paper so they can move their cars around. Then I also thought of a princess or Mickey and Minnie checkers game.. Does anyone have images that I could use for this?
Any other ideas are more than welcomed ! Thanks in advance!!!

For the road map game...what is your hometown and state?

I'm also working on the checkerboard game and a few others...

The paper dolls are so cute! You could print them on magnetic paper and cover a cookie sheet with cute contact paper and they could make magnetic screens you could also do your family and make mickey ears balloons and such to add. Have fun! Nettii:goodvibes

Here are the checkers...I'm hoping they aren't too small but with the typical printing capability of 8.5x11...it is the biggest that I could make to print on that format. All you have to do is print on magnetic paper and cut out. I made extra game pieces...just in case a few got lost during the trip.

Hope it is what you were wanting!

Checkers.jpg

CheckersGamePieces.jpg

Oh wow you are great !!!! Thank you for everything !!!!!
Our home town and state is Dallas Texas (well we live 27 miles east of Dallas)
Again thank you so very much! I wanted to keep them a surprise but the little one saw them and got so very excited about them. I am going to have to make them tonight !

Oh wow you are great !!!! Thank you for everything !!!!!
Our home town and state is Dallas Texas (well we live 27 miles east of Dallas)
Again thank you so very much! I wanted to keep them a surprise but the little one saw them and got so very excited about them. I am going to have to make them tonight !

I live in east texas and used to live in Forney when my husband and I worked in downtown Dallas. I miss the big city life. :)

I'm working on the map so you can use it with the "cars" characters but...I would also suggest getting one of those plastic foldable maps of the United States and a dry erase marker so they can "map" out their route to Orlando, and you can teach the older one about calculating milage based on inches and the chart. Take a small ruler and calculator or she can do it like I did when I was her age...measured with my fingers and used pen and paper to add them up. My parents would say throughout the trip...we are in Dallas, TX...how many miles until we are in Shreveport? Then they would say...if we are averaging 60 miles and hour...how long until we are there. I learned a lot about maps and math on road trips and it was fun! You could also teach her how to figure out how much gas you are using...

You can get one of those maps at Wal-Mart. I like that they are already laminated and foldable where they crease so that you can fold them down to just the area between Dallas and Florida

Here is the License Plate Game...I made this to fit on an 8.5x5.5 piece of cardstock

There are several ways that you can play this game while you are traveling. One would be to use this sheet and place a checkmark or the date and time you found the plate.

The second way would be to use the plastic foldable map of the US. Then get stickers and you can put them on the state as you find them. A great sticker would be to get the round stickers at Wal-Mart in the office supply section that people use to mark prices for garage sales and then you could place on each state and write the date and time you found the license plate.

This is another educational game because it will help your kids learn about the states and where they are on the map. You could also take a book (or get some information online) that has a little info about each state and as you find the license plate you can talk about that state, learn the capital and a few fun facts.

LicensePlateGame2.jpg

I know these games are a little bit plain but I thought I would give your printer a break from all of the wonderful autograph pages, t-shirts and other things I'm sure you have made. If you don't mind wasting more ink...just let me know and I can add borders, color and more fun clip art.

Here are some game cards for the lines & dots game. In case you don't know how to play it...it requires two+ players. Each person takes a turn drawing one line. When you make a box out of the lines...you draw your initial inside the box. The person with the most initials inside of boxes wins! This would be another good one to laminate so that you can use it over and over.

CarsLinesDotsOlderKids.jpg

LinesDotsYoungerKids.jpg

Still need to make a scavenger hunt...and your map game. Trying to find a good map...It is a long way from Texas to Orlando...and it's hard to fit that on an 8.5x11 sheet and show towns, etc.

Any other games out there?

Vehicle Bingo...these are a random size because of the box...I made them 6x7 inches. This would be another great one to laminate and use dry erase markers or turn into a magnet game and you could use the mickey and minnie pieces from the checkers game to mark the things found.

VehicleBingo1.jpg

VehicleBingo2.jpg

VehicleBingo3.jpg

VehicleBingo4.jpg

I know these aren't Disney...but since you have to travel to get to the World or a Disney Cruise and this is a travel thread...here are some travel kits that I have made and absolutely love!!! My favorite is the "game kit" because even if you are flying you can throw it in your suitcase and if the weather is bad and you can't get out of the hotel...you have plenty of things to entertain your family.

Nothing passes the time like playing games—and this kit is full of them. Fill a tackle box with your favorite small toys and games, and let the kids loose with it. Serve as referee and scorekeeper or join in on the fun.

I add an oversized envelope in the top of the box with instructions for how to play games for the items in the box, like Yhatzi, Old Maid, War, Pick Up Sticks, Spoons, etc. I also include printable travel games (like the ones in this thread) in the envelope so that all of the games stay together and can be easily found.

GameKit.jpg

For a "Travel Craft Box"...Grab a few supplies from around the house, plus some items purchased at the local crafts store. Organize them in an inexpensive plastic tackle box. This kit of do-it-yourself craft pieces will provide hours of fun for you and the kids.

Also include an oversized envelope in the top of this one and put colored paper in it, envelopes, paper bags and craft sheet ideas for things to make with the items in the box like finger puppets, etc.

CraftKit.jpg

For a "Travel Snack Kit" raid the kitchen and assemble this food kit before your next trip. Use the items in this box to turn a simple snack into entertaining fun.

FoodKit.jpg

This is one kit that is as much fun for you as it is for the kids. Get creative with ordinary paper, using these supplies to add to their travel journals, or make scrapbooks, bookmarks, greeting cards, or notepads. Or simply use them to jazz up notes and letters to mail to friends and family while you are traveling. I don't have a picture but you use a tackle box as well and here is a list of items that you can put in the "Paper Kit Travel Box".

PAPER FACTORY KIT
A. Tangle Pen and assorted markers
B. Miniature stapler
C. Glue stick and sticky notes
D. Paper clips
E. Tape dispenser and glitter glue
F. Decorative punch
G. Paper clips
H. Paperkins
I. Sticky notes and small rolls of paper
J. Post-It Notes
K. Small stamp pads
L. Decorative stamps
M. Decorative stamps
N. Scissors and assorted stickers
O. Decorative punch
P. Sparkly gel pens

All of these boxes also make WONDERFUL Christmas or birthday gifts for your children or grandchildren. You can collect items as you find them at stores throughout the year and assemble a box or two as it gets closer to the holiday.

Dolly I truly need to know if you'd PLEASE adopt me???
What a great mom you are!
LOVE all the games and ideas.
I am going to print off a bunch of them for my grand-daughter and also for the kids I work with at school.
Thank-you for taking the time and effort to do all of this
Hugs Mel
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter