Rivers of Light Opening Date Announced; Dining Package Details Released

Many of the bloggers tonight liked it. Many also feel it's missing something to make it perfect. Nobody said it was bad though.
I do wonder if there is a way to incorporate more fire? Particularly like when they show the tiger, and maybe one other spot. I just don't know where they could put other fire blowers with all of the gps moving floats on the water? For example, fire is the symbol that "we are all one" during Illuminations. That's the only complaint I have seen to have of the show by watching the video.

I'm sure there was huge demand tonight. Does anyone have a report on how many people who wanted to see it couldn't get a good seat?

I'm sure there was huge demand tonight. Does anyone have a report on how many people who wanted to see it couldn't get a good seat?
Actually a lot of the seating was FP and those who had wristbands. Few standby were let in.

I do wonder if there is a way to incorporate more fire? Particularly like when they show the tiger, and maybe one other spot. I just don't know where they could put other fire blowers with all of the gps moving floats on the water? For example, fire is the symbol that "we are all one" during Illuminations. That's the only complaint I have seen to have of the show by watching the video.
Maybe but I know they still have the lanterns which were supposed to be a big wow moment. Rumors say they will eventually put them in the show.

Ouch. At most outdoor shows can't you get in if you get a little early? This sounds not so good. What's a wristband?
This was a soft opening. The show doesn't open fully until February 17th. Then you will see only FP, Dining package, and stand by guests. The seating area is also smaller than Fantasmic's seating area at DHS. I don't know the exact number it sits.

Ouch. At most outdoor shows can't you get in if you get a little early? This sounds not so good. What's a wristband?

The wristbands were given to AP and DVC members for the preview tonight.

How were there FP? It's not yet available for fast pass?

This was a soft opening. It is available for FP.

They released FP this morning for the performance tonight. I'm not sure if they are doing more soft openings before the 17th.

Yep. I haven't heard anything more regarding more previews.

So I just checked and youtube videos of RoL are being taken down with claims from UMG. First time I really seen them be aggressive about letting video into the public.

So I just checked and youtube videos of RoL are being taken down with claims from UMG. First time I really seen them be aggressive about letting video into the public.

This is the only video that hasn't been taken down. The other ones don't have the right audio or are silent. This video does have weird sound at certain times though.

This doesn't make sense. UMG is Universal. Disney's music group is called DMG. However, I just read something that says that in a way the two music groups work together.

Don't know if it was the better quality video or if I just managed to skim thrrough the right sections - but I really liked tonight's video! I watched (skimmed) a video posted last night and thought it was pretty but slow paced. I usually don't like censorship, but I rather think Disney did the right call to insist that only a good quality video gets posted. For the first couple of days anyway while people are forming opinions.

Also, its rather telling that there was very enthusiastic applause at the end. Plus, the lanterns haven't been added yet, right? If they figure that out, it sounds like it would be a spectacularly magical addition.

I am really excited to see this! Even better, I will have my 3.5 yr old niece with me and am quite concerned about the scary scenes in many Disney shows - it will be good to have a show we won't have to have any concerns about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!