Rivers of Light Opening Date Announced; Dining Package Details Released

I find it hard to believe RoL packages at Tusker House is already sold out for our 4/6 date since this news just broke.

I already had a 6:30 PM reservation at Tusker House and booked the only slot I could see for a RoL dining package for 4:25 PM. That's too early, so we'll probably cancel. Is there any way I could get the 6:30 reservation upgraded to a package (it's the same place after all) or does holding the 4:25 PM for a while give me any angle to get a RoL package at a later time? Thanks!
The latest available package will be 4:30 for a 7:00 show.

The latest available package will be 4:30 for a 7:00 show.
That makes sense, but on the day I'm looking at, it says the show is 8:45 PM. Maybe they haven't populated all of the times or they weren't sure when the show would be. Until today, it said AK closed that day at 7, and now it says 9 for closing.

Given 1 show a night and the size of the seating area, I think pretty valuable.
Thanks. Yeah, I'd like to do it if I can.

Bummer. Our AK day is Friday, March 31 (currently scheduled as a non-ROL day) and I'm not sure it's worth switching around all of our plans to see this (and FWIW, I would have been willing to pay for a ROL dining package).

Here's hoping that they're starting out with the every other night thing to err on the side of caution and, if all goes well, they'll switch over to every night earlier than they're currently showing.

For the packages, you have to dine no earlier than 3 hours prior to showtime for Tiffins and 2:30 for Tusker House. Why is this?

I'm reading the reverse. You can dine no later than .... so you won't be late for the show.

Tiffins "Guests must arrive to dine no later than 3 hours prior to showtime."
Tusker "Guests must arrive to dine no later than 2 hours and thirty minutes prior to showtime."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light-dining-package/

I'm reading the reverse. You can dine no later than .... so you won't be late for the show.

Tusker "Guests must arrive to dine no later than 2 hours and thirty minutes prior to showtime."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light-dining-package/

Also Tusker House is doing a breakfast package...so not quite sure how that would work if it's supposed to be "no later"...

Also Tusker House is doing a breakfast package...so not quite sure how that would work if it's supposed to be "no later"...

Breakfast won't be no later .... it wouldn't work if it was no earlier as PP posted.

Right?

If there are previews for AP holders in the days leading up to 2/17, how are AP holders made aware? Just wondering how that works. Thanks.

Thanks. That's how I read it too, and it's assuming you're going to spend quite a long time eating. Let's say you got there 30 minutes early, that's still a nearly 2 hour meal at Tusker and 2.5 hour meeting for Tiffins.

Delayed 8 1/2 months and 4 vacations later, Rivers of Light finally decides to open! Now, should I make a 5th trip before my AP expires just so I can see this show? I am definitely thinking about it.
Wow, love the enthusiasm, but unless you're within a reasonable driving distance or like me, wealthy beyond your wildest dreams, or are an over the top Disney fan, justifying the expense of making a special trip just to see ROL would be hard for me to do, but that's just me. It's going to be here for a long, long time.

Wow, love the enthusiasm, but unless you're within a reasonable driving distance or like me, wealthy beyond your wildest dreams, or are an over the top Disney fan, justifying the expense of making a special trip just to see ROL would be hard for me to do, but that's just me. It's going to be here for a long, long time.
Right or wrong, I'm excited about it., but I just saw the following a Disney news article:
Sara Jacobson, February 9, 2017 at 1:19 PM
Having watched the show in its entirety live (as an invited guest), I can honestly say this is the most boring experience ever. Underwhelming, slow, and really not that technically impressive.

Right or wrong, I'm excited about it., but I just saw the following a Disney news article:
Well that's a bit harsh. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. It's has its moments and it's a great fit for AK but if you are expecting big fireworks type extravagant portions that just isn't going to happen.

Have you seen it?

It looks like it's going to be pretty neat to me, but maybe it tempers my frustration for having booked at an eligible restaurant for it at 6:30 when if I would've had a reservation for 6:15 I could've probably upgraded to the preferred seating package.

I'm actually not close by. I live in the MidWest, but I have driven the entire distance in one day before. It actually wasn't to bad. We are also DVC members, so it makes it easier for us to get down there. Yes, I am also an over the top Disney fan.

Anything is better than that Jungle Book show. I have actually been addicted to watching the video on Youtube, so I'm thinking I will actually enjoy this show.

Have you seen it?

It looks like it's going to be pretty neat to me, but maybe it tempers my frustration for having booked at an eligible restaurant for it at 6:30 when if I would've had a reservation for 6:15 I could've probably upgraded to the preferred seating package.
I can only go off the video. I haven't seen it in person yet. I believe it wil only look better in person. Rivers of light is not a fireworks show by any means and AK doesn't need that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter