Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, do we know what the ip is of the server the disneyland app connects to? Seems like pinging that would give a better indication of latency in the application than just pinging a random speed test server nearby...

The endpoint’s for the virtual queue are all hosted on vqguest-svc.wdprapps.disney.com. Just tested and the server does respond to pings.

45D906E7-5DBD-4327-8598-5152B87AAF59.jpeg

The endpoint’s for the virtual queue are all hosted on vqguest-svc.wdprapps.disney.com. Just tested and the server does respond to pings.

View attachment 476652
So for those of you who aren't sure what we're talking about - one of the things we've been looking at is ping speed, or latency. When you use a speed test app, you are usually getting a ping speed to some server that the speed tester has designated - maybe google or some other local server. However @MonocularVision here has rooted out the actual address of the server that the app has to communicate with in order to send the ticket info to get a group. So if you download a ping app (just search for ping in the app store) and enter the address as noted in his post, you can see in real time how your ping to the only server that matters is doing.

From up here in NorCal, on my wifi, I'm seeing pings of around 50ms. Switching off my wifi (I'm in a pretty dead at&t zone in my house - 2 bars) I am seeing pings of around 500ms. Mr. Vision there is seeing pings from 13-38ms.

My family is going to think I'm nuts, but I'm definitely using this when we go.

I was the only one of the four of us trying for a BG this morning. We were in line for Space and when I started losing bars I left the line. I was happy to get 55.
Then later when our group was called we got stuck on Space but fortunately not too long. First time for us.
So the ride. No spoilers but I’ll just say it’s not just a ride. It’s an experience. We can’t wait to try again on Friday.
It’s been a good day so far. A bit crowded but that was to be expected.

So awesome!! It was not as hard as it sounded reading everything, we are going to try again tomorrow, having an OPO of 9 am makes it a lot easier to get through the turnstile at a decent time!

Tonight after soccer practice and a band concert, I am going to try to get in a couple hours' sleep and then get up at 0100 for an 0200 departure (driving from Phoenix) in order to drop the car at an area hotel and try to make rope drop.

Gotta get through southern California rush hour traffic first.

Wish us luck! Only 2 in my party but hopefully between the two of us we can grab a BG!

So for those of you who aren't sure what we're talking about - one of the things we've been looking at is ping speed, or latency. When you use a speed test app, you are usually getting a ping speed to some server that the speed tester has designated - maybe google or some other local server. However @MonocularVision here has rooted out the actual address of the server that the app has to communicate with in order to send the ticket info to get a group. So if you download a ping app (just search for ping in the app store) and enter the address as noted in his post, you can see in real time how your ping to the only server that matters is doing.

Also important to note that the IP address you see will change. I just ran it again on Verizon this time and see different results. With how DNS caching and load balancers work, I would expect that whatever ping times you see in a ping app should reflect what occurs in the app within a reasonable time frame.

They're feeling bold this evening...rocking a 29 group spread as they are accelerating into the last few hours...will it end in triumph or disaster? Only the ancients know...

Some people mentioned Indiana Jones and Test Track / RSR, but I did not experience the openings of them at all.
Were they like this one? It breaks down every day...
LOL, IJA and TT still break down every day!!! RSR I think has achieved more stability but that took probably a year.

:wizard:
You can pretty much guarantee Indy will break down during the day. I will book a maxpass for it midday banking on it to break down, and it usually does lol. That way I get a replacement fastpass for something else.

Question about parking. Going tomorrow (Wednesday) with a 9am park opening.

Based on the below info, is showing up to either Mickey & Friends or Toy Story at 7:45am a good plan? We don’t want to get caught in a long line to enter from the people who lined up before parking opened. But also don’t want to wait too long in case security takes a while.

Copied from the original posts on the thread:
When does parking open?
  • Mickey and Friends Structure, Pixar Pals Structure, and the Toy Story Lot all open 90 minutes before official park opening time (30 minutes before Magic Mornings on Tue/Thur/Sat)

You can pretty much guarantee Indy will break down during the day. I will book a maxpass for it midday banking on it to break down, and it usually does lol. That way I get a replacement fastpass for something else.
LOL, I do the exact same thing! :lmao:

So, yesterday we were at the park and had a rough start. Despite getting there 40min before open, we got stuck in the slowest security line. I thought I was going to have a coronary as I watched the guy spend 5 min checking one backpack. We got in one minute after 9am (opening) and then it took forever to get our tickets scanned (the program was a bit overrun with other people getting boarding passes). We got group 125 so we figured we wouldn’t be riding. Well, we got called at 7pm!!! The ride was amazing. Like nothing we have ever seen before!!
so thanks for all the tips on this forum! We wouldnt have gotten any group without the tips I got!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter