Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was distracted making my packing and shopping list I forgot to practice. Good thing there is still a week and a half for me to make sure I am ready to attempt getting a boarding group. :crazy:

Do you "get" the BG once you hit the Join Boarding Group button? Can you lose it while you are creating your party (assuming it doesn't freeze or glitch)?

Playing along at home, backups are gone by 9:02.
I have noticed ( while playing at home ) , that if you just keep backing out of getting a boarding group and retrying several times during the first minute the app gets “cashed” and will give you a false timeline of when the groups go into backups . I was wondering why sometimes I would see backups not pop-up until 2-3 minutes after everybody else was saying they were gone in 1 minute ! This morning (and yesterday) , I shut down the app , and restarted it within the first minute and after successfully getting through a few times the first go around , and quickly saw the boarding groups went into back -ups at 9:00:45 . 45 seconds in , and I was already getting the back-up screen ! Checked against a running atomic clock .
Of coarse this is only a problem when playing at home . If you are at DL and you get your boarding group ,you are done “ trying” , lol .
Just what I have seen 2 days in a row now .
It seems like if you “hold” on the original app launch and just keep trying to get a boarding group over and over , the app has a delay on when it tells you the real time it goes into back-ups ( prob from working off cashed data ) .

Last edited:
Do you "get" the BG once you hit the Join Boarding Group button? Can you lose it while you are creating your party (assuming it doesn't freeze or glitch)?
You don't "get" anything until you have selected your party and click the second "Join Boarding Group" button. It doesn't hold a spot for you while you select your party - no communication with the server occurs until that second button gets tapped. At that point it sends the ticket/pass numbers to the server and processes them and hopefully returns your BG number to you.

This is why it is helpful to not have extra tickets in the app - seconds can make the difference between a low and high number, a regular and a backup, or a backup and nothing...

I have noticed ( while playing at home ) , that if you just keep backing out of getting a boarding group and retrying several times during the first minute the app gets “cashed” and will give you a false timeline of when the groups go into backups . I was wondering why sometimes I would see backups not pop-up until 2-3 minutes after everybody else was saying they were gone in 1 minute ! This morning (and yesterday) , I shut down the app , and restarted it within the first minute and after successfully getting through a few times the first go around , and quickly saw the boarding groups went into back -ups at 9:00:45 . 45 seconds in , and I was already getting the back-up screen ! Checked against a running atomic clock .
Of coarse this is only a problem when playing at home . If you are at DL and you get your boarding group ,you are done “ trying” , lol .
Just what I have seen 2 days in a row now .
It seems like if you “hold” on the original app launch and just keep trying to get a boarding group over and over , the app has a delay on when it tells you the real time it goes into back-ups ( prob from working off cashed data ) .
I've seen similar behavior. When I'm trying to gauge my process is to go in, close the app, start again, go back in. I can do that in 15 second increments and it gives me a good idea of when the switch happens. Note also that the pop-up does not always kick in, and sometimes it is just a subtle change in the verbiage on the "Find out More" page that alerts you to the fact that regular distribution has concluded.

I've seen similar behavior. When I'm trying to gauge my process is to go in, close the app, start again, go back in. I can do that in 15 second increments and it gives me a good idea of when the switch happens. Note also that the pop-up does not always kick in, and sometimes it is just a subtle change in the verbiage on the "Find out More" page that alerts you to the fact that regular distribution has concluded.

Interesting . I have yet to see any subtle verbiage changes (or haven’t noticed yet ) that says back-ups are in effect , besides the main pop-up.
2 days in a row now , I have seen back-ups start up at 45 seconds in when I didn’t “linger” on the 1st app launch. If I just kept trying to get a boarding group on the first launch , it would always get to about 2-3 minutes before the back-ups would show up . Also trying the 15 second shut down and start up to eliminate caching , to see when “true” back-ups are starting .

You can't see what BG (if any) you are being assigned until you hit Join Boarding Group, confirm the members of your party and hit Confirm (or whatever the last button is; went so fast when we did it, I don't even know what that button at the bottom of your party list says!). Then you get a notification of what group number you got (hopefully you got one!). You can't "lose" your BG while creating your party since you have not yet been told if you even got a BG at the point in the process where you are creating your party. If you take too long creating your party or there is a glitch at that stage, you either won't get a BG at all or you will get a back up BG if the process takes too long and groups run out. Nothing is locked in until the last button is pushed AFTER you create your party.

I can confirm this. In examining the network activity of the app, I can see that when you tap on the button the join a boarding group from outside the park, the server responds with the list of folks in your party but in that response it states who is in and not in the park.When you continue from the party selection screen, there is no additional network call made, the client just displays the error that people aren’t in the park yet.

Here is the end of the response. I crossed out the 6 guest IDs (my family) because I have no idea how secret those should remain. 😂

View attachment 474850
Hey, do we know what the ip is of the server the disneyland app connects to? Seems like pinging that would give a better indication of latency in the application than just pinging a random speed test server nearby...

Boarding group 47!! Times coming up soon! Park opening was 9 am, we had magic morning, got to the entrance at 7:30, through turnstiles at 7:50, rode star tours and space mtn and buzz, then the 3 of us got prepared standing by the big ball outside space mtn, daughter was already in the “learn more’ section, got group 47 other daughter and I got “something went wrong” messages cause daughter 1 had already got the group! Woohoo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter