• Yello

• Lime

• Green

• Blue

• Purple

• Silver

• Black

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well I have to say Purple all the way. As much as I like the LimeGreen here on the DIS Purple is the best in show.

It just looks best against the Blue skys of Fl.

Fanatic where is tis thread? I think I have seen the paint job the last time is was in WDW but would like to check it out to make sure I am not missing anything.

I will have to brush up on my Sleeping Beauty which I am sure will happen soon with my daughter on the verge of popping out!!! I can't wait the anticipation is killing me. The only Flora I know is my mother-in-law and she likes PURPLE!!!.:rotfl2:

I love Old Band-Aid!!!!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1691484

Be sure to give us pictures of the new baby! :)

The monorail will now forever be known to me as "old Band Aid" Here I just thought that smell was the re-circulated sweat of the billions of people that have ridden it.
Anyway, back to my first memory of the monorail...
Back in 1977 my parents and I stayed at the Poly (a place I still haven't been able to afford to get to stay at). Being 8 years old and ready to get going I wound up sitting with the pilot for about a half an hour circling the lagoon as they ran system checks. Even then it was totally safe. It would automatically stop if the monorail got too close to another monorail. My parents of course had no idea where I was and were a little freaked, but they kept the memory alive for me by always reminding me of. 31 years later, I keep a sharp eye on my DS(4) because he has the explorer gene just waiting for a chance.

The last time we stayed at the Contemporary, I loved the roll on - roll off convenience with the stroller.

Oh, and my pick was for coral. I was stuck on it for 25 minutes.

The monorail will now forever be known to me as "old Band Aid" Here I just thought that smell was the re-circulated sweat of the billions of people that have ridden it.
Anyway, back to my first memory of the monorail...
Back in 1977 my parents and I stayed at the Poly (a place I still haven't been able to afford to get to stay at). Being 8 years old and ready to get going I wound up sitting with the pilot for about a half an hour circling the lagoon as they ran system checks. Even then it was totally safe. It would automatically stop if the monorail got too close to another monorail. My parents of course had no idea where I was and were a little freaked, but they kept the memory alive for me by always reminding me of. 31 years later, I keep a sharp eye on my DS(4) because he has the explorer gene just waiting for a chance.

The last time we stayed at the Contemporary, I loved the roll on - roll off convenience with the stroller.

Oh, and my pick was for coral. I was stuck on it for 25 minutes.

You my friend have awesome Old Band-Aid stories. I stayed at the poly as a child and have not stayed there since but will be there in November I can't wait. I will do a few loops for fun.

I LOVE OLD BAND-AID!!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Ha Ha about staying at the Poly.. I stayed every spring break, (then known as Easter vacation) with my family in the late 70's through 1986. We would stay for 7-10 days at the Poly. I remember the cost being $129 a night and that was A LOT of $$ to stay there! Gosh I was spoiled! lol..
Anyway, my Dad and brother were HUGE train buffs and my Dad would always request a room in the Maui building ( facing the MK it was the first builing to the right of the Grand Ceremonial Hut) We HAD to have a room facing the Monorail! Most people were looking for a Castle view but not us! lol.. We had to be able to see the Monorail! My brother would sit on that balconly, (always a 2nd floor room) and watch that monorail! It was at eye view up there and he was in heaven! :)

I was not fortunate enough to get to WDW as a child - my dad never saw the need of it since we had DL just 45 min away (but man o man did I ever want to) - so my first WDW Old Band-Aid experiences didn't come until I was in college. But, my DW and I stayed at the GF for our honeymoon, and I insisted upon taking Old Band-Aid as much as possible to get to the MK (relented on the boat once or twice). Our room had a castle view - but I remember sitting out on that balcony watching the trains glide by ever so swiftly to and from the MK.

At DL, the really cool thing was that Old Band Aid was the first daily operating train of it's kind in the western hemisphere from when it opened all the way til WDW opened - and then in the later '60s, DL got the city of Anaheim to do something that had never been done before with a theme park attraction - to allow OBA to cross over a public street! That was really cool. I loved leaving the park on OBA, headed for the DL Hotel and crossing over West Street (now DL Drive) - and watching those cars streaming by below. THAT was way cool to this once little boy. (Sorry - there never was any purple in So Cal that I recall - just red, blue, green and I think yellow. But they're down to just 2 trains now until the new ones come on line. But even still - no purple there. BUT, whe I'm at WDW in Oct, I'll be sure to try and ride purple just for you, chill! ;)

You my friend have awesome Old Band-Aid stories. I stayed at the poly as a child and have not stayed there since but will be there in November I can't wait. I will do a few loops for fun.

I tried to justify it this year, but couldn't. My wife's company needs to have another convention in WDW. That's how we got to stay at the Contemporary last time. Oh, well. Have a great time at the Poly! At least I'll eat at Ohana on Aug 30th.

Ha Ha about staying at the Poly.. I stayed every spring break, (then known as Easter vacation) with my family in the late 70's through 1986. We would stay for 7-10 days at the Poly. I remember the cost being $129 a night and that was A LOT of $$ to stay there! Gosh I was spoiled! lol..

Boy, and I thought I was spoiled. My parents took us every year from the opening till 78, and we only stayed on property twice. Now my DS on the other hand is 4 and has been to WDW 5 times and stayed on property once. Well twice if you count conception. :rolleyes1

Here's a pic I found while CoPiloting Old Band Aid
IMG_0206.jpg

I know I have better ones, so I'll have to keep a lookout

Boy, and I thought I was spoiled. My parents took us every year from the opening till 78, and we only stayed on property twice. Now my DS on the other hand is 4 and has been to WDW 5 times and stayed on property once. Well twice if you count conception. :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

Well, If you look on my countdown bars you will see that my taste (ahem) has changed! When I'm paying the value resorts are just FINE with me! :rotfl2: My kids, DD (14) and DS (12) have been many times as well. My DH is NOT a Disney fan.. ( this is one of those things that I should have considered prior to marriage! :rotfl2: ) However 15 happy years later we have found a compromise.. I only make him come on one out of every three or four trips. :banana: If I use the value resorts, I can go on MORE trips! My dream is to return to Poly for one trip in the near future. I love, love, love it there and would just die to be back on the monorail circuit again!

Here's a pic I found while CoPiloting Old Band Aid
IMG_0206.jpg

I know I have better ones, so I'll have to keep a lookout

Great co-pilot picture!!:thumbsup2

Boy, and I thought I was spoiled. My parents took us every year from the opening till 78, and we only stayed on property twice. Now my DS on the other hand is 4 and has been to WDW 5 times and stayed on property once. Well twice if you count conception. :rolleyes1

Well, If you look on my countdown bars you will see that my taste (ahem) has changed! When I'm paying the value resorts are just FINE with me! :rotfl2: My kids, DD (14) and DS (12) have been many times as well. My DH is NOT a Disney fan.. ( this is one of those things that I should have considered prior to marriage! :rotfl2: ) However 15 happy years later we have found a compromise.. I only make him come on one out of every three or four trips. :banana: If I use the value resorts, I can go on MORE trips! My dream is to return to Poly for one trip in the near future. I love, love, love it there and would just die to be back on the monorail circuit again![/QUOTE]

It seems we are all in the same boat (on the same old Band-aid) our taste changes when we pay for it!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I LOVE OLD BAND-AID!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Deric%20and%20Dori%20with%20Gold%20Old%20band%20aid%20in%20background.jpg

Here's a pic of my neice and nephew in Epcot with Gold OBA quietly coming through.

Great picture keep them coming!!!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Time for an OLD BAND-AID fact

Front-cab riding

In some cases passengers may request seats in the front cab of the train with the pilot. There are two bench seats in front of the control console, with room for a total of four riders. These seats provide a unique panoramic view not available from the passenger cars. Front-cab access is controlled by Disney employees and is generally granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests who board the front of either the Express or Epcot trains must disembark at the next station, while those boarding the front of a Resort train generally are allowed stays no longer than a single round-trip circuit. Monorail pilots may give out souvenir "co-pilot license" cards to guests riding in front with them.

I LOVE OLD BAND-AID!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I love this shot!! This makes me want to be in WDW right now! :thumbsup2

So happy to provide some good feelings!:cloud9:
That feeling keeps getting more intense as I look through the old photos. I keep thinking, "I can get a better shot of that in August."
:idea: I have to make a list of pictures I want to take before I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter