Ride capacity today?

Does anyone know if the trams are running again or if they plan to bring the trams back soon. That is a long walk back to the garage at night.

Trams are not running and the word on the street is that they are currently in a state of disrepair. So sounds like its going to be a while why they do the necessary repairs.

Trams are not running and the word on the street is that they are currently in a state of disrepair. So sounds like its going to be a while why they do the necessary repairs.
That's sad. WDW has trams coming back, so guessing DL will bring them back as soon as they're operational.

No money coming in so not surprised.

This is just a guess because I’m not fully familiar with the California legislation, but maybe Disney is holding off on trams for now because people haven’t attested to complying with the COVID conditions (being vaccinated if not wearing a mask) until they use their ticket to enter the park. So Disney would have to enforce masks on the trams and perhaps just doesn’t want to deal with that issue right now.

This is just a guess because I’m not fully familiar with the California legislation, but maybe Disney is holding off on trams for now because people haven’t attested to complying with the COVID conditions (being vaccinated if not wearing a mask) until they use their ticket to enter the park. So Disney would have to enforce masks on the trams and perhaps just doesn’t want to deal with that issue right now.

If that was the case then why would Disney bring back the busses from the Toy Story lot? When you buy you parking pass at the parking garage entrance you are agreeing to the terms.

Odd that they didn't do these repairs while everything was shut down.
Something about employees being laid off? There were very few employees. I have a pic from one day when "all" the employees got together, socially distanced, and there were fewer than 20 in the entire park. Most were security.

I selfishly hope you're at least a week off from that estimate. We arrive 7/7... :rolleyes1

I do assume some kind of night show and dropped masks will bring locals back out in droves. Out of state folk probably won't rush to toss trips together in the next few weeks but I imagine a lot of late summer/August trips may be in the works..!
Selfishly, I hope capacity doesn't increase too much before July 17th. I don't really care other than I would like shorter lines for everything....lol

But is locals won't come out in droves until something is done to make it more reasonable to visit the parks for a few hours instead of feeling like we have to go from park opening to close to make a one day ticket worthwhile. Not saying they need APs back, but even say a 10 day ticket that you have a year from first date of use to use would do it at the right price.

Honestly, I think even before COVID they were trying to justify getting rid of the trams, all other so Cal theme parks have after all, why not Disney as well?

When they were going to build the structure on Harbor, it wasn't going to have trams and the distance isn't all that different than walking the tram route to Mickey and Friends, so you can easily see where that would head and they could eventually use some of that space to add to Downtown Disney.

So, honestly I would be unsurprised if the trams never come back.

If they are planning on bringing them back, they need to bring back a lot more CMs and it may be that they have tried and not enough are willing, but I doubt it for the reason I outlined above.

Something about employees being laid off? There were very few employees. I have a pic from one day when "all" the employees got together, socially distanced, and there were fewer than 20 in the entire park. Most were security.
Refurbishments are generally not done by CMs, but by contractors, so lay offs wouldn't affect that. But availability of parts has been the biggest issue for all parks.

Refurbishments are generally not done by CMs, but by contractors, so lay offs wouldn't affect that. But availability of parts has been the biggest issue for all parks.
I can't speak to maintenance requirements for the trams but working in the transportation industry I would agree that parts, and long lead times, have been an issue.

I can't speak to maintenance requirements for the trams but working in the transportation industry I would agree that parts, and long lead times, have been an issue.
Correct. I know that maintenance departments were closed at Disneyland. Parts do have long lead times. And purchasing new units would have to pass thru purchasing departments, which were also not working. I think they are working to get the trams back up, but not sure how long it will take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter