Ride capacity today?

We’re at California Adventure today. Just came back to the hotel for a break after lunch. Feels like old times. It’s crowded but doesn’t feel as bad as summer typically is. We haven’t waited the posted time at any ride, always less. We went through the entrance at the Grand Californian at 8:30am. Have been on Incredicicoaster, Mickey’s Fun Wheel, Goofy’s Sky School, Little Mermaid, Grizzly Rapids, & the Zephyr, lunch at Lamplight at 11:30am followed by ice cream at Ghirardelli. Got a boarding group for Spider-Man in the early evening when we tried at noon, missed out at 7am. I’d say way more people are not wearing masks then are. Kids and adults. Less then even I thought would be. There is no distancing in lines at all. It feels almost normal. Nice to see all of the smiling, happy faces. Glad this was our first day back, it’s been great!

We’re at California Adventure today. Just came back to the hotel for a break after lunch. Feels like old times. It’s crowded but doesn’t feel as bad as summer typically is. We haven’t waited the posted time at any ride, always less. We went through the entrance at the Grand Californian at 8:30am. Have been on Incredicicoaster, Mickey’s Fun Wheel, Goofy’s Sky School, Little Mermaid, Grizzly Rapids, & the Zephyr, lunch at Lamplight at 11:30am followed by ice cream at Ghirardelli. Got a boarding group for Spider-Man in the early evening when we tried at noon, missed out at 7am. I’d say way more people are not wearing masks then are. Kids and adults. Less then even I thought would be. There is no distancing in lines at all. It feels almost normal. Nice to see all of the smiling, happy faces. Glad this was our first day back, it’s been great!
Great report!
At 8:30 GCH entrance, did you move up to rope drop at Little Mermaid (or Carthay) like in the past?

Appreciate the update ! I'm staying offiste so definitely plan to be in line early for rope drop at Disneyland tomorrow :love:

Great report!
At 8:30 GCH entrance, did you move up to rope drop at Little Mermaid (or Carthay) like in the past?
Rides were already running before 9am. We walked straight to Incredicoaster, we weren’t stopped anywhere. The line for Radiator Springs Racers was already to the end of Cars Land. line for Avengers Campus filled quickly too. Stretched to the pier. Toy Story was closed until just recently.

Rides were already running before 9am. We walked straight to Incredicoaster, we weren’t stopped anywhere. The line for Radiator Springs Racers was already to the end of Cars Land. line for Avengers Campus filled quickly too. Stretched to the pier. Toy Story was closed until just recently.
Wow! But Disneyland was a hard rope drop at 9:00 AM? Strange day. Maybe more changes to come as operations get worked out.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Wait times were definitely over inflated earlier. I know Incredicoaster was 15 mins posted (which was less than earlier) and my family was off the ride in under 10. It also looks like after about an hour surge of wait times, things have settled at lower times.

Did anyone ride Soarin', Radiator Springs Racers or Monster's inc today? With the changes in capacity, does that mean that you are seated immediately next to other people in Soarin', that the single rider line is back on Cars, and that each car in Monster's Inc has multiple groups? We are a family of 4 and I am wondering just how close to other people we will now have to sit near on rides. I know things are changing daily, but we are going this weekend and kind of want to have an idea what is happening so far.

Rode Soarin’, seated immediately next to people. All rows full. Regular queue like before COVID. No distancing. They did still have plexiglass dividing the rows where you watch the video prior to boarding.
Did anyone ride Soarin', Radiator Springs Racers or Monster's inc today? With the changes in capacity, does that mean that you are seated immediately next to other people in Soarin', that the single rider line is back on Cars, and that each car in Monster's Inc has multiple groups? We are a family of 4 and I am wondering just how close to other people we will now have to sit near on rides. I know things are changing daily, but we are going this weekend and kind of want to have an idea what is happening so far.

Rode Soarin’ and yes you are put right next to other people. On Pirates, Guardians and IASW, they are loading every row. So I don’t think you’ll have people with you in the same row on Monsters Inc, but you will likely have somebody in the 3rd row.

Single rider has not come back yet.

Rode Soarin’ and yes you are put right next to other people. On Pirates, Guardians and IASW, they are loading every row. So I don’t think you’ll have people with you in the same row on Monsters Inc, but you will likely have somebody in the 3rd row.

Single rider has not come back yet.
Are they combining parties on guardians?

pirates and IASW didn’t pre covid.

Are they combining parties on guardians?

pirates and IASW didn’t pre covid.
I don’t know. We rode in a group of 9, so didn’t - but they filled the rows across from us. They’re not combining rows on Pirates & IASW, but they are loading multiple parties per boat now. We just got off Pirates that had 4 groups in our boat.

Toy Story posted as 50 min wait, got on in less then 30 minutes. They were blasting the AC in the enclosed portion of the line. That was the most people I’ve been enclosed with in a small space since pre-COVID. You REALLY need to be ok with no masks and no social distancing if you’re coming back to the parks. They do not ask if you’re vaccinated, they do not ask you to attest to anything, no temperature checks - it’s just regular security checks again. On Grizzly River, the person next to me - not in our party - was physically pushed up against me, the entire ride, every seat full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter