Retitling a large Deed

Thank you everyone for your input. After reading the process for doing it ourselves I think it is plausible for us… I was thinking of doing it for my contract first to see how it goes then the rest of the parties would probably feel more comfortable with doing it.

You might as well split them all up at the same time.
Yea, everyone else we will do together… everyone gets together for lunch and we assembly line sign some deeds lol
it might be wise to hire someone vs trying to do 5 of them on your own.
This is interesting. Do you think that if it was all done by the same person at the same time it would be cheaper per contract?

Another question - I saw on the thread that Sandisw sent (thank you for that BTW) that you can have points reservations made and they won’t be affected, is that true or would we have to cancel all future reservations we have in order to do this.

Another question - I saw on the thread that Sandisw sent (thank you for that BTW) that you can have points reservations made and they won’t be affected, is that true or would we have to cancel all future reservations we have in order to do this.
That one Member Services could answer.

Thank you everyone for your input. After reading the process for doing it ourselves I think it is plausible for us… I was thinking of doing it for my contract first to see how it goes then the rest of the parties would probably feel more comfortable with doing it.

Yea, everyone else we will do together… everyone gets together for lunch and we assembly line sign some deeds lol

This is interesting. Do you think that if it was all done by the same person at the same time it would be cheaper per contract?

You may find that a company would charge less per contract if you were doing 5. You’d have to call and ask them.

The reservations will typically stay if the membership stays the same and the contracts with the points are still there.

So, when we added our kids, there was no impact because the membership number didn’t need to change.

If you change ownership to create a new membership, then it might impact them as they can’t typically move a trip from one to another.

However, anyone else who didn’t have things booked, like you, would be able to remove everyone else with no issue.

One person would be able to keep the current membership number with that one contract.

But reach out to Membership administration as they can tell you for sure.

Since it sounds like getting together to go to the notary would be pretty easy, it may work to try it on your own!!

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to give an update to our retitling process.

As a test, my wife and I retitled our contract off of the original deed so that only our names are on our contract. We used LT Transfers. They were great and were always quick to respond. Here was the timeline:

- November 29th - Submitted original request to LT Transfers
- November 30th - Paid the $100 deposit, completed requested paperwork and answered questions from LT Transfers
- December 15th - Deeds prepared and ready for us to sign
- January 4th - Mailed Signed and notarized Deeds back to LT Transfers
- January 9th - LT Transfers receives signed Deed
- January 9th - Recorded by the county
- January 24th - Disney completed transfer
- January 30th - All points transferred

The process probably would have been quicker if we could have gotten everyone signature and notarization faster. The total cost was $288.20. Also, most importantly, all of our reservations tranferred over as well. Now the rest of our family members will follow suit so we can get out of this mess of being on everyone's contract haha

Thank you everyone for your help and advice!

You may find that a company would charge less per contract if you were doing 5. You’d have to call and ask them.

The reservations will typically stay if the membership stays the same and the contracts with the points are still there.

So, when we added our kids, there was no impact because the membership number didn’t need to change.

If you change ownership to create a new membership, then it might impact them as they can’t typically move a trip from one to another.

However, anyone else who didn’t have things booked, like you, would be able to remove everyone else with no issue.

One person would be able to keep the current membership number with that one contract.

But reach out to Membership administration as they can tell you for sure.

Since it sounds like getting together to go to the notary would be pretty easy, it may work to try it on your own!!
I do know when I used First American last summer to add my wife and son to my 5 contracts, they charged less on the additional 4 after the initial fee for the first one. Service was fast and excellent.

I do know when I used First American last summer to add my wife and son to my 5 contracts, they charged less on the additional 4 after the initial fee for the first one. Service was fast and excellent.
I did ask LT Transfers and there was no discount for doing them at the same time unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter