Restaurant Reservations

SCSabresfan

Mouseketeer
We will be heading to Universal the week after Thanksgiving for our first visit since before COVID. We typically like to eat a bigger meal around 3pm and then grab something lighter later in the day if needed. We usually head out to City Walk or hit one of the TS restaurants for this larger meal. Knowing that the restaurants are short staffed/busier now than before COVID, how far in advance do we need to make reservations? We normally enjoy not having to plan where we are going to eat ahead of time, but will do it if we have to. For reference, it will be just two of us. Are there certain restaurants that require reservations sooner than others? We were hoping to try Mythos this trip, so that might be the first one we reserve. Trying to figure out a time when Mythos wont be packed with people. Is 2:30 a good time?
Sorry for all the questions!

I have no dining experience for November but did have reservations for 2:30 and 3:00 earlier this month for a party of 4

booked 2-3 weeks out with no issues

My guess is some of the eateries don’t have a high demand in the time frame I booked

I booked Mythos for 4pm. I figure the rest of them can be made closer to our trip. I might try to make a reservation for Big Fire before too long since that one seems to be filled up fast.

I'm going Nov 1st and I've had dining booked at 3 months out because eh, why not. I like being extra cautious.

Got on to wiggle some times a bit a week ago and the day I have Toothesome was now only available before 4pm and after 9. I'd suggest just making some bookings now and wiggling the dates times later if you think you'll want any peak dining hours.

No reservations minus breakfast at leaky cauldron as that is pre paid and you can arrange that at your UOR hotel or at guest services.
We did get a reservation one night for 9:30 at Antojitos but we also waited at the bar for about an hour prior.

I should have booked BigFire last week. When I looked today, the only openings for 6 people are at 4 or 9 pm for 11/20-23. Mythos doesn't show anything from 11am-2pm. Most other places I've checked have openings...

Even with two people, I noticed the same trend. Since we have never been to those two restaurants, we wanted to try them out this trip. I just hate having to pick what I might be in the mood to eat a month from now.

I just always book as soon as they will let me. If they haven't released park hours/early entry parks and it's an in-park restaurant, then I will sometimes book one for each park and cancel a few weeks out/when they announce info. They announce info so late, that it can make it difficult to plan sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter