Restaurant/bar availability for June

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
My husband and I have a trip booked for mid June. We have not been since early March last year. On our many previous trips, I would book one or two must do restaurants, and we would use MDE to see what else was available for same day dining. We like the spontaneity of not really knowing where we would end up. We would also go to DS and walk around and just pop in wherever at the bar for drinks and snacks. We also enjoy jumping on the monorail and hitting bars and restaurants in the evening.
My question is - is any of this even possible anymore? Are there same day reservations or walk ups available? Can we go to other resorts without a reservations? We are staying at the Grand Floridian, but could we head to AKL for the bread service at Sanaa? (Used to do this all the time) Is last minute bar seating even available?
Besides dealing with COVID restrictions, I am nervous because we have never been to WDW in the summer. We go in spring, fall, and winter. But we missed Disney so much we decided to brave summer. I’m almost afraid to hear the answers to my questions- but any insight is much appreciated.

I just checked availability for today right now for two people and there seemed to be some variety - a Whispering Canyon, Garden Grill, Rose & Crown, Raglan Road, etc. I’d just test out in the app what you see come up as available on a given day to see if that’s enough varietyfor you.

Also, my understanding is that a good time to check for reservations short nice is the day before because people need to cancelby then so they won’t get charged $10.

I just checked availability for today right now for two people and there seemed to be some variety - a Whispering Canyon, Garden Grill, Rose & Crown, Raglan Road, etc. I’d just test out in the app what you see come up as available on a given day to see if that’s enough varietyfor you.

Also, my understanding is that a good time to check for reservations short nice is the day before because people need to cancelby then so they won’t get charged $10.
Thanks for your response. I will definitely do some checking in the next few weeks to get an idea of what may be available same day. And will definitely check day before as well. Great idea!

Checking the day before you want to go somewhere is a good idea. Personally, I like to have reservations booked so that I don't run into a problem eating somewhere. Taking a break from the heat is key for us, we we book a dinner or lunch each day.

I am going on a solo trip in late June. I am also staying at GF. I made a couple of ADRs for dining that I know I definitely wanted- California Grille, Sanaa and Chef de France. Aside from that, I familiarized myself with resort lounge menus. They typically do not use the ADR system. The menus are more limited, but will do for my needs. While I do have a lunch reservation for Sanaa, I know that their lounge is also available. I will be boating over to WL for a lunch visit to Geyser Point. And, don't forget the Enchanted Rose at GF. My plan is to visit these establishments around the typical busy hours.

I am going on a solo trip in late June. I am also staying at GF. I made a couple of ADRs for dining that I know I definitely wanted- California Grille, Sanaa and Chef de France. Aside from that, I familiarized myself with resort lounge menus. They typically do not use the ADR system. The menus are more limited, but will do for my needs. While I do have a lunch reservation for Sanaa, I know that their lounge is also available. I will be boating over to WL for a lunch visit to Geyser Point. And, don't forget the Enchanted Rose at GF. My plan is to visit these establishments around the typical busy hours.
So is it your understanding that you don’t need a dining reservation to visit the resorts?

So is it your understanding that you don’t need a dining reservation to visit the resorts?
As long as you use Disney transportation to get there, you’re welcome to visit any resort. If you arrive by car, you may not be allowed in unless you have an ADR or are staying there, especially at the resorts that are walking distance to parks or the Skyliner.

For some of the non-Disney owned restaurants (particularly in DS), you can also try Open Table for reservations. They may have more reservation availability through there than MDE.

No. You do need ADRs at the resort restaurants. My understanding is that you don't need them at the lounges. For example, Geyser Point and Enchanted Rose do not currently take ADRs. It is also my understanding that CG often seats guests in their lounge, but you can still walk up and wait to be seated in the lounge. If you look at the MDE to make a reservation, you will see "check availability" and a calendar. If you do not see "check availability" that is a sure sign that you do not need a reservation. Although, that does not mean that you will not have a wait.

Last edited:
No. You do need ADRs at the resort restaurants. My understanding is that you don't need them at the lounges. For example, Geyser Point and Enchanted Rose do not currently take ADRs. It is also my understanding that CG often seats guests in their lounge, but you can still walk up and wait to be seated in the lounge. If you look at the MDE to make a reservation, you will see "check availability" and a calendar. If you do not see "check availability" that is a sure sign that you do not need a reservation. Although, that does not mean that you will not have a wait.
You DO need ADRs to eat at the resort restaurants. You do NOT need ADRs just to visit the resorts, as long as you arrive via Disney transport.

Thanks I was asking just about visiting the resorts - and possibly checking for lounge seating. Didn’t know if they would turn you away in an uber without a reservation. I definitely make ADR’s for restaurants that are a must do. This trip that was only California Grill. We have always had luck being spontaneous, but I’m not sure if that is possible anymore.

Thanks I was asking just about visiting the resorts - and possibly checking for lounge seating. Didn’t know if they would turn you away in an uber without a reservation. I definitely make ADR’s for restaurants that are a must do. This trip that was only California Grill. We have always had luck being spontaneous, but I’m not sure if that is possible anymore.

They will turn away an Uber. Only Disney transportation (bus, boat, skyliner, etc) will let you get to a resort you aren't staying at without a reservation.

They will turn away an Uber. Only Disney transportation (bus, boat, skyliner, etc) will let you get to a resort you aren't staying at without a reservation.
So that must be a recent change, thank you. We have always Ubered in the past and never been turned away. Good to know for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter