Resorts with multiple bus stops....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
What are the pros and cons of the resorts with multiple bus stops? And I mean just the pros and cons of the transportation. I stayed at All Star Sports for my first trip to WDW back in June. I loved that it had one bus stop. Now that I'm planning my next trip, I want to stay at a moderate or deluxe and I know most of them have multiple bus stops. Is the wait for the buses longer at resorts with multiple stops, or would you say they arrive in a timely manner?

All of the moderates have multiple bus stops. If you board the bus stops at one of the first stops, it definitely adds about 5-7 minutes to your trip because the busses make a loop around the full resort. AKL does have two bus stops (Kidani Village and Jambo House), but the additional time is fairly minimal. Overall, I wouldn't say you wait longer, but the transit time can be slightly longer. All this being said, don't let that stop you from trying a moderate resort. I'm partial to POFQ and POR -- the additional bus stops aren't really something that bothers me.

Even with one stop depending on when you go deluxe resorts share a bus. For example at the MK resorts the bus heading to DHS or AK might pick guests up at CR and then go to GF or however it is split up and in the Epcot area YC and BC share to MK and AK and YC is always the first stop. For moderate we have only stayed at POFQ and it shared with POR but FQ was always first. We did not find any of the bus sharing to be a problem at all.

We've stayed at many different resorts, and don't find the transportation time any worse at moderates than value or deluxe (by bus). To a large extent it depends on the time of day you are traveling. Unless something has changed since we last stayed there, POFQ sometimes has its own bus, and sometimes shares with POR which has multiple stops. At CSR, it's a loop around so doesn't feel like it takes any longer, and certainly not longer than say GF and CR sharing. To me, the only down side to either multiple bus stops within a resort or resorts sharing a bus, is that there's a chance there's no seats left at the later stops. That said, at those busy times of day, there are more likely to be more busses running.

There are folks that hate waiting for buses. In the grand scheme of things multiple stops rarely add more than 10 minutes to any bus trip. It frustrates some when a full bus bypasses their stop and this can lead to extended waits in the morning. Never been a problem for us.

The best bus service we've had at any resort is at CSR. I like the multiple stops because there isn't one huge mass of people trying to get on the bus at once. We like the Casitas section, which is by the first bus stop so we have no problem getting a seat. It does take about 8 minutes or so to make the entire loop around all the stops.

What are the pros and cons of the resorts with multiple bus stops? And I mean just the pros and cons of the transportation. I stayed at All Star Sports for my first trip to WDW back in June. I loved that it had one bus stop. Now that I'm planning my next trip, I want to stay at a moderate or deluxe and I know most of them have multiple bus stops. Is the wait for the buses longer at resorts with multiple stops, or would you say they arrive in a timely manner?

I prefer the moderate resorts with multiple stops vs the value resorts with one stop, because I like the option of either getting off at the front of the resort and going to the front desk or food court, or getting dropped off closer to my room. We have stayed at all of the moderate resorts, and the only one where I felt like the multiple stops actually added significant time (for me) was CBR, it seemed as if there were two different pick up loops and if we went one way it wasn't an issue, but if we went the other then we were on the bus for about 15 min before we left (this could all be completely moot now that construction has started). The Deluxe resorts are more compact, so having just one stop isn't as much of an issue, to me, and we usually stay at Yacht Club or Beach Club, so it doesn't add too much time when those two resorts share.

PoR, CSR, CBR all have at least 4 internal bus stops. If you hop on the bus at that first stop, it can be another 15+ mins before you actually leave the resort. POFQ doesn't have multiple stops, but it does sometimes share a bus route with POR.
OKW and SSR both have multiple stops. If you're at SSR and you get on at Grandstand, it's up to 20 mins before you leave the resort! Same with OKW. These are spread out resorts, so it can take a bit of time to move from bus stop to bus stop.
BW sometimes shares with S/D. YC/BC share a route.
I believe that the other deluxe/dvc resorts (GF, Polynesian, WL, CR) all share a bus with another resort. FtW has multiple stops.
In all reality? The value resorts have the best bus service. The one down side is that the stops are usually the furthest removed at the park bus areas.

At POR/CSR it didn't add that much time to our trips- 10 minutes TOPS to go around to the other stops. At CBR, the 7 stops could take a very long time. I don't know how it works currently, but when we stayed at CBR it seemed the stops were random as to which was the first/last stop and we could never figure out a pattern. So on our MK day we were trying to make rope drop, were at the bus stop a bit before 8am. The bus came around 8, but we were the first stop of 7. We did not leave the resort property until 8:40. We don't stay at CBR anymore and won't unless we have a car and plan on driving to all the parks.

At POR in August, we were in a room that was almost smack dab between the first and last stop. This meant that we definitely had a seat on the bus in the mornings because we could go to the first stop. But, if we got to the bus stop and saw our bus pulling away, no big deal. We just turned around and headed to the last stop and waited for the bus that we just saw leaving the first stop.

Honestly, staying at a resort with multiple stops never bothered me. I really don't feel like it adds a huge amount of time and it's nice to be at a bus stop that isn't all that crowded. Some people definitely prefer the bus stops at the values because they have actual lines for the bus. Others prefer the mods because your room is always near a bus stop and the bus stops are less crowded. Deluxe resorts have the one stop but it is without the queue (which I prefer because I can just get a nice seat on a bench instead of standing in the sun - YMMV). Personally, I like that the multiple stops of the mods guarantee I will always been relatively close to a bus stop and also have the option of getting off near the main building if I need to pick something up in the store, grab food, or if it is my last day and I'm just getting my bags from luggage services and waiting for Magical Express. I also like that the bus stops are less crowded so they feel much less hectic in the mornings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter