Which resort?

• Poly - Garden View

• Contemporary - Bay Lake View

• Beach Club - Garden View

• Wilderness Lodge - Courtyard View

Results are only viewable after voting.

boscov

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I think we've narrowed it down for the 100th time, so be prepared for another post next week. But, here it goes. We are a family of 4, me, DW, DD (6) and DD (1). We tend to be very MK heavy, but we missed a lot in EPCOT last year, so we need to spread our time out. Would you pick, POLY garden view, CR Bay Lake View, BC Garden view or WL Courtyard View and why? We are looking at going Sept 2013 for 7 days. Thanks!

For a young Family that is MK heavy being able to walk to and from MK his a huge plus. If your going to do EMH in the PM then its even more of a plus as the Monorail does not run after EMH.

I do love me some poly though.

Poly.

Not that Poly is my favorite - out of the list you provided, it would probably fall fourth for me (although they are all good choices and I've stayed at all of them). However, you can walk to the TTC for direct connection to the Epcot monorail, and you have four options for getting to MK - resort boat, resort monorail, ferry from TTC and express monorail from TTC. I think having those transportation options for your family would be perfect.

We recently have stayed at CR - BLV, WL - CV, and YC - WV. DH and I liked the feel of YC the best and the water view was amazing! I loved looking over Crescent Lake and watching Illuminations from our balcony. The walk to Epcot was nice and the kids didn't seem to mind it and the ferry to DHS and to the Boardwalk was a nice option. The kids (7 and 9) however LOVED CR! We are pretty MK intensive and being so close was GREAT! And the quick monorail ride to the TTC to switch to an Epcot monorail was no problem at all. I have to say with kids it was nice being in the CR tower and having everything so close, there were no winding hallways to get to the elevator, and having the Contempo Cafe in such a central area was perfect. WL was our least favorite, but that is just my family. We had a CV but could only see the pool and couldn't see Bay Lake at all, so the kids could hear the EWP at night, but couldn't see it from our balcony. I also felt like this was the one resort we seemed to wait for the elevators the longest. The layout just wasn't as convenient for us as CR proved to be. We are going back in Feb and will be staying at CR - BLV again!

If your kids enjoy swimming, the pool at BC is hard to beat.

Yea, my 6 yo loves swimming. She has loved pics of SAB, but she does like the idea of sliding through a volcano too. I am kind of leaning POLY, but would love some more feedback :)

Poly has great transportation to the MK and EP. Your kiddos are LITTLE. You will appreciate being able to see them at all times at the Volcano Pool. The little princesses will love looking out and seeing the castle twinkling as they swim or play in the sand and so will you when you watch Wishes without having to be in the crowd. :thumbsup2

My kids do not want to stay anywhere else.

Good luck!

Ok, so I think we've narrowed it down for the 100th time, so be prepared for another post next week. But, here it goes. We are a family of 4, me, DW, DD (6) and DD (1). We tend to be very MK heavy, but we missed a lot in EPCOT last year, so we need to spread our time out. Would you pick, POLY garden view, CR Bay Lake View, BC Garden view or WL Courtyard View and why? We are looking at going Sept 2013 for 7 days. Thanks!

i would pick the poly.

i just realized you are from allentown. we live about an hour from you. to me, personally, WL seems like the poconos to me and when i go to disney i want something more... exotic? unique? the poconos are great, but i can have them anytime. we have never chosen to stay there, for that reason.

i know you missed a lot in epcot, but your kids are so little- if it were me, 2 days in epcot would be enough to see whatever i missed, and i would be in the MK a lot. heck, my kids are older and we are still in the MK a lot. pixiedust:

we love the theming of the poly, it is so lush everywhere you go. the pool and beach area is amazing and i dream about it almost daily. it is wonderful to be able to see the castle and the fireworks from the resort. i love the ambience. i love the foliage. i love how secluded every nook and cranny feels. i love the music. i love the sand and the hammocks and the view. i love the grand ceremonial house (main building with the shops and restaurants). i love the leis and the alohas. as you can see from my signature, we have had a variety of stays but the poly just has our hearts. our last stay, we were GV the first night or two and that room was awesome, bigger than the CL room we later moved to, with a gorgeous view, and super close to TTC. Loved it.

good luck with your choice. honestly, you can't go wrong. you won't come back from any of your choices and say, "well that was lame!"

Yea, my 6 yo loves swimming. She has loved pics of SAB, but she does like the idea of sliding through a volcano too. I am kind of leaning POLY, but would love some more feedback :)

We love the Poly and the BC! You can't go wrong with either. But if you are MK heavy then I'd go Poly for sure. The bus from BC to MK isn't easy. The lines are very long in the morning and people are very irritable. With kids 6 and 1 you aren't going to have the time and patience to deal with much chaos I'm sure. ;)

I have to say, I kind of thought Poly was going to win this one, but I didn't think it would be such a landslide. :)

I didn't vote but my choice would be WL... We've stayed at all your listed resorts and ruled them out for one reason or another and the most returned to resort (over 10 stays) is WL.

Poly is nice but the room rate is insane, for what convenience, the monorail... Not worth it's weight..volcano pool is quite small and gets over crowded most of the time...

CR used to be our resort of choice many years ago but changes to the resort and tearing down the n. garden wing has turned us off... And as far as walking to the MK, if I'm paying big bucks for a monorail resort, I'm sure not walking to a park!

Y&B resort, great for EPCOT based trips but we're MK people, spend more time there and our children are grown, yours are too young to appreciate or get anything out of that park and as far as the pool, maybe best on property... It closes early, always overcrowded and impossible to get a seat or table... Not a great way to vacation....

WL, boat to MK, FW and CR.... All under one roof very compact.... Marvelous theming and at a reduced rate over monorail resorts....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter