Reservations

This whole post has made me kinda misty eyed.

It is wonderful to see so many people willing to offer suggestions to make a special BD for a Special child and extra kudos to you DenverVal. Awesome.

My family will also be on the 4/15 Wonder. If I see a 4 yo DD with a princess costume I will be very tempted to wish her a happy BD.

just a few suggestions if your looking for BD freebies (and you may already know this but) if you are staying at a disney resort you can Dial 0 and ask for a special BD message for her. If you are at MK on her BD you can stop by city hall and request a BD pin for free.

Hope she has a great BD and all have a great trip.

See you on board maybe!

I agree, I cannot believe how great the people on this board are. They make me all misty eyed too, and at a perfect time in my life, remind me there are still amazing people out there. I appreciate all of you and can not thank you enough for making this trip magical. Thank you sooo much for all your suggestions. I did not know any of this to start with. I just do not know how to express what you guys did for me in words. Thanks again!

Amanda

A couple of years ago we just walked up to Cinderella's Castle for lunch and they had plenty of seating. While we were eating, Cinderella and her Fairy God Mother came around talking to us and when we were done they were down stairs letting everyone have photos taken with them. Great experience. Hope this helps.

Just returned from a 4 day on the Wonder in early March.

I agree with the comments about getting her a costume - the characters all made a big fuss over the little ones who were dressed up. My 7 year old daughter wore a Cinderalla cosutme to dinner and was the center of attention.

On the ship, the wait staff will make a HUGE fuss over her birthday (they did this for both my kids even though the big days were not for 2 weeks) - so make sure and say something to your head server.

We have been on 2 Disney cruises, and the entire crew cannot do enough to make the trip special - I would suggest calling the cruise line to ask if there is something special that Cinderlla could do for your daughter - or ask someone on the ship - if presented with the facts (1) birthday, (2)#1 Cinderalla fan, (3) 4 years old..., I wouldn't be suprised if they did something - can't hurt to ask. We found that the resturant managers are very influential people on the ship - I'd try asking them.

I think there is usually a Cinderalla event in the Kid's club - check the schedule - this is a good place to get some fairly up-close time with the charcters.

In any event, the characters are every where on the ship - Cinderalla included - I'm sure she would make a big fuss over your daughter if she saw her in a Cinderalla dress and you told her that is was her birthday.

Enjoy the trip - you will have a magical time - don't try to over manage the trip - there are a million things to do at WDW and on the ship, so try to be relaxed and take things as they come.

I would strongly suggest getting one of the WDW guide books - lots of great tips (like head to the back of MK first thing in the morning - most people linger at the front of the park - you can get on many of the kiddie rides (Pooh, Peter Pan, Cinderalla's Carousel, etc.) with little or no waiting).

2xcruiser-- thank you so much for your suggestions. Those are great ideas!! I will be sure to let everyone know we are there for her birthday. And we will definately head to the back of MK first. Anything to beat the crowds. I am glad you had a great time on your cruise, and everyone has been very reasurring that no matter what, we will have a great time. Again thank you.

Amanda

A final thought before you go:

I have read a number of reviews written by people who have gone on the DCL and other curise lines. The thing that strikes me is the degree to which some people will look for things to go wrong - it seems some people are only happy if they have something to complain about.

My family has been on DCL twice, and many of our friends and family have been on too - without fault, everyone we know has had a marvelous time.

DCL is NOT perfect, but it is hands down the most enjoyable, entertaining and relaxing vacation we have ever been on.

My advise to anyone who is planning a DCL trip is to realize that little things might come up, but it is up to you whether these things ruin your day or your trip. Your daughter will never remember if your meal wasn't perfect one night, or if it rained one day, or if you didn't get a perfect seat for a show (unless of course someone make too big a deal out of it). What she will remember is that she spent a few wonderful days alone with her mother in an atmosphere that to her (and hopefully to you, too) will seem magical.

Enjoy your trip, and most of all enjoy this time with your daughter. Kids (and especially little girls) grow up quickly and that magical innocense of early childhood is a fleeting thing.

PS: Make sure to check the schedule of character appearances on the ship - it is posted daily in the lobby and is probably available at guest services too - don't want to miss any chance to see Cinderalla!

You're going to have a great trip no matter what reservations you get. As others have mentioned try the restaurant at Epcot in Norway. I could not get into Cinderella's castle last year for my DD's 5th birthday and I called every day the minute the phone lines opened for every morning we were going to be at Disney (7 mornings, I think). The breakfast was sold out in minutes except for later in the morning and there weren't many of these time spots either. So don't feel bad as your're not alone. I ended up booking two mornings at the Norway breakfast and went to both with my daughter and two different sets of nieces that joined us during the week. There are five princesses and/or leading ladys (not Cinderella). My daughter and nieces, ages 3, 13, and 16 loved it and the food was very good both days. My mother loved it too. Just remember that you have to have admission into Epcot or a park hopper ticket for the day you go to this breakfast as it is in the park and requires admission.

As others have mentioned, Chef Mickey's is wonderful too. We haven't gone to breakfast there. We went for dinner in February of this year and had no reservations. We did have to wait for about and hour and 15 minutes but we love it. My kids have been a number of times and never get tired of it. It's a great place to start your trip as the kids see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Chip and Dale. It is worth the money to my DH and me as you see so many characters at once and at the start of the trip. We didn't eat until around 8:30pm in Feb. and the food was still nicely presented and very fresh tasting.

As far as seeing Cinderella, when we were at the Kingdom in February, Cinderella and Ariel were in Mickey's Toontown in the large tented area. Go early as the lines get quite long as the day progresses.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip.

HI Amanda, Go to Guest Services at your hotel as soon as you get there and explain the situation about the Castle Breakfast and your daughters B.day. They were able to get me last minute PS at The Crystal Palace with Pooh during Pesidents Week when EVERYTHING was all booked up.A friendly and understanding CM can be VERY helpful! Luckily I found one at the BC! Also try every AM before you leave in case there is a cancellation. Good Luck! Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter