Resale Contract Closed, but not getting contracted loaded until after 7/8/2022 over 60 days from closing? Advise wanted

Welp, perhaps this happens more often than we think.. similar thing happening with me right now (thought not exact) - a reservation was made on the contract I bought 4 days before the deed was filed with the county. Disney has been sitting on it for almost 4 weeks and I had no idea why I wasn't getting my new member emails.... I'm hoping it was just an honest mistake by the seller where they picked the wrong contract for their reservation and will be an easy fix.... but good grief.. Seems like Disney should have some way of putting a contract into "transitioning" status after it passes ROFR to keep these types of things from happening. They have the process in place to prevent this type of stuff from happening.

Welp, perhaps this happens more often than we think.. similar thing happening with me right now (thought not exact) - a reservation was made on the contract I bought 4 days before the deed was filed with the county. Disney has been sitting on it for almost 4 weeks and I had no idea why I wasn't getting my new member emails.... I'm hoping it was just an honest mistake by the seller where they picked the wrong contract for their reservation and will be an easy fix.... but good grief.. Seems like Disney should have some way of putting a contract into "transitioning" status after it passes ROFR to keep these types of things from happening. They have the process in place to prevent this type of stuff from happening.
This is the reason that DVC should be processing recorded contracts as quickly as possible, and not dragging out the process. Gives to much time for a former owner to make a mistake when making a reservation. There really should be no delay, after they have received the recorded deed, and a policy once the deed is recorded any reservations on the contract prior to the recording date get deleted. New owners shouldn't be penalized for mistakes by former owners and brokers.

What communications have you had with your broker? With DVC? If the deed has been filed with the county already, it seems as if you’re in the same position as OP and should have a similar resolution. You might consider sending a PM to the OP for information they can’t divulge here.

What communications have you had with your broker? With DVC? If the deed has been filed with the county already, it seems as if you’re in the same position as OP and should have a similar resolution. You might consider sending a PM to the OP for information they can’t divulge here.
The broker is the one who notified me of the situation. I was bugging them and the title company because my deed was sent to DVC almost 4 weeks ago and I still hadn't received my new member emails. This timeline was not consistent with what I had seen others posting in the Closing Time thread. Yes, the deed was filed 5/24. The reservation was made 5/18. My broker said she contacted the seller to let them know they needed to remove the reservation. I'm going to give it 24 hours. If it's not resolved by this time tomorrow I'll be pushing forward. I think I will contact the OP to see what the ultimate resolution was... Thank you!

The broker is the one who notified me of the situation. I was bugging them and the title company because my deed was sent to DVC almost 4 weeks ago and I still hadn't received my new member emails. This timeline was not consistent with what I had seen others posting in the Closing Time thread. Yes, the deed was filed 5/24. The reservation was made 5/18. My broker said she contacted the seller to let them know they needed to remove the reservation. I'm going to give it 24 hours. If it's not resolved by this time tomorrow I'll be pushing forward. I think I will contact the OP to see what the ultimate resolution was... Thank you!
Good luck, and may you get your points loaded soon!

Wanted to post an update here on what happened in my situation. Apparently the seller has multiple contracts. They had a waitlist come through and the waitlist was applied to the contract that I was buying. The seller had no idea that happened. They called and had the reservation moved to a different contract. About 48 hours later I had my new account emails. Honest mistake but another gap in the process.

Wanted to post an update here on what happened in my situation. Apparently the seller has multiple contracts. They had a waitlist come through and the waitlist was applied to the contract that I was buying. The seller had no idea that happened. They called and had the reservation moved to a different contract. About 48 hours later I had my new account emails. Honest mistake but another gap in the process.
I bought a VGC resale in early January 2020. Originally it had a delayed close to May. I was fine with that, I didn’t have plans for 2020. After I made the offer and it was accepted, I got an email from the agent that a delayed close was not needed, the reservation was on another contract. Great! Now think about this - everything shut down in March 2020. That May reservation was obviously cancelled. Wonder what would have happened If it was on my contract? The points would have been put back. Glad it worked out!

Wanted to post an update here on what happened in my situation. Apparently the seller has multiple contracts. They had a waitlist come through and the waitlist was applied to the contract that I was buying. The seller had no idea that happened. They called and had the reservation moved to a different contract. About 48 hours later I had my new account emails. Honest mistake but another gap in the the process.
Well, let's examine: first of all, waitlists do not cross over between different contracts; rather, they are unique to the each contract...and each contract can have two. So a random waitlist clearing to another random contact is really not possible. Now, last minute waitlist clearing is possible without the seller being aware within a contract, but estoppel ostensibly prevents such an event. And the way the whole situation was described leading up to this with roadblocks/headaches/hardstops...just makes this seem even more fishy. If you were curious, you could request a point summary report with all activity for your points from the time you closed onward...what you find may surprise you.

Well, let's examine: first of all, waitlists do not cross over between different contracts; rather, they are unique to the each contract...and each contract can have two. So a random waitlist clearing to another random contact is really not possible. Now, last minute waitlist clearing is possible without the seller being aware within a contract, but estoppel ostensibly prevents such an event. And the way the whole situation was described leading up to this with roadblocks/headaches/hardstops...just makes this seem even more fishy. If you were curious, you could request a point summary report with all activity for your points from the time you closed onward...what you find may surprise you.

Waitlists are per membership not contracts. You can have 2 per UY

So it is absolutely possible for them to have pulled from the wrong contract, if the owner has more than one in their membership.

I have both RIV and SSR in my Aug UY. When I waitlist inside 7 months, they use SSR first because it’s listed first in my membership and then use RIV.. unless I don’t check them.

When I had multiple BLT contracts in one membership I just checked them all to be used.

So I can see someone setting it up prior to selling and not thinking about that. Since they still had the other contracts in the membership.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!