Resale Contract Closed, but not getting contracted loaded until after 7/8/2022 over 60 days from closing? Advise wanted

I am so glad this has been resolved for you. I’m not even sure why this was question for Disney. It’s MA whose response I still don’t understand. The only appropriate response was to transfer the membership and the points.

I am so glad this has been resolved for you. I’m not even sure why this was question for Disney. It’s MA whose response I still don’t understand. The only appropriate response was to transfer the membership and the points.
I wonder if MA did not deal with it at first is to discourage resale. If they make it hard, some people will read this and say it's worth it to pay direct pricing and not have to worry about something like this happening. Second, there is a mentality that resale buyers are second class.

As long as you are content with the resolution, I wouldn't suggest doing anything that would further sour your experience as the whole point of DVC is fun.

Glad it is taken care of and you can get started planning.

Last edited:
I wonder if MA did not deal with it at first is to discourage resale. If they make it hard, some people will read this and say it's worth it to pay direct pricing and not have to worry about something like this happening. Second, there is a mentality that resale buyers are second class.

The people that work in MA wouldn’t intentionally do something for that reason in this case.

Now, MA is structured in such a way that resale transfers take longer than direct. But this is a case that the reservation being there is what caused the hiccup and they held off at the brokers request

I think when the VP of the company got involved, it was realized they messed up big time, and gave MA the go ahead to do it..

The people that work in MA wouldn’t intentionally do something for that reason in this case.

Now, MA is structured in such a way that resale transfers take longer than direct. But this is a case that the reservation being there is what caused the hiccup and they held off at the brokers request

I think when the VP of the company got involved, it was realized they messed up big time, and gave MA the go ahead to do it..
I agree. I wouldn't hold the actions of one person against the entire company, especially since it was resolved so quickly once upper management was informed. I'm guessing, but I think the person who handled the sale got at least an earful on this one!

Resolution has been achieved. Broker and Disney worked to transfer ownership into my account. Points and everything have been loaded. The VP I have been dealing with really worked on the resolution as quick as possible so I am appreciative that he did this and got it moved quickly once he got a hold of the issue!
It would be helpful to know what resale company was involved to other buyers are aware...of course, sharing this is totally up to you. Internet reviews (BBB review, google review, etc) and reporting to FREC would be highly recommended.

Awesome news!

Glad it worked out for you.

I also want to know, does this mean you scored a bunch of extra points you weren’t planning on having? And are they free and clear of any holding/banking restrictions?

Well, after reading this thread, I'm not going to use that resale company. OP had to go through an awful lot before getting the problem resolved, and only got a resolution when a higher up at the agency agreed to get involved and overrule what the agent had said. They messed up, and they didn't want to try to make it right. Who needs that kind of aggravation?

If I were being perfectly honest, I personally wouldn't feel like that was an acceptable resolution.

You shouldn't have to fight tooth and nail for something that is already yours. The VP did OP no favors, just actually delivered on what she should have already had a month ago.

Well, after reading this thread, I'm not going to use that resale company. OP had to go through an awful lot before getting the problem resolved, and only got a resolution when a higher up at the agency agreed to get involved and overrule what the agent had said. They messed up, and they didn't want to try to make it right. Who needs that kind of aggravation?
Same, especially since this wasn't the first time it happened! Buying resale is a long enough process already, don't need it to be further delayed, nor is the back and forth with the broker/disney worth any potential deal from a listing they may have.

I doubt it. That explanation just doesn't make sense to me because then Disney is getting itself involved this whole mess. This really isn't Disney's problem and they don't care. Until they make it their problem acting like this.

So a recent closing was transferred in 8 days, but your broker or title company is saying it will be a minimum of 30 days?

When I hear things like this and really long ROFR respones, I wonder if we are wrong in blaming Disney. There is really no way of knowing when the broker/title company, actually submits docs for ROFR or transfers.
Our ROFR process was along the normal 30 day (roughly) timeline so I cannot complain on our contract. I responded to the email saying that we were closing. Actual email was subject "Closing Notice" and when I responded to get more info on timing, they said it was still being recorded. I checked, and deed recorded on 6/15, so the next day from my post. I don't know yet about access to the members site, but I hope it does not take a month if others had this done more quickly. I don't have points I plan to use yet for our 11 month booking window, but this is our first DVC purchase so I'm very interested in poking around for fun!

OP, thank you for this cautionary tale on how some resales can turn out. I’ve purchased resale a few times and thankfully never had this experience. I’m glad that you reached a resolution you can live with. I now know not to consider this company in any of my future purchases.

OP, thank you for this cautionary tale on how some resales can turn out. I’ve purchased resale a few times and thankfully never had this experience. I’m glad that you reached a resolution you can live with. I now know not to consider this company in any of my future purchases.
has anyone identified the company involved?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter