requests with reservations??

macnodos

DIS FAN
Hi,

Was wondering how they assign rooms once downloaded to the resorts? Do they look at requests alphabetically by name or in the order the reservations were made? Will be there for Easter and was curious what my chances are for having requests fulfilled. I do understand they are only requests and not guaranteed. Thanks for any information.

kevin

I don't think there's any specific preferential order, just whichever reservation they get first is where they start. I could be wrong, but here's my reasoning: In March 2003 we booked 2 rooms at the GF and AKL for June 2004, but didn't make any room requests at that time (nor do we plan to). Let's say that you make a reservation for AKL for the same days we'll be there but you only book 1 month in advance. Then, 4 days before our trip, I decide to fax in a room request. Who should get their request in this situation-me since I booked sooner or you since your request was sooner? I think it would make it too difficult for the room assignors so my guess is that they just get them in a random order and go from whichever is 1st.

DH and I are heading to CBR in a month; we called about two months ago when we made the ressies and requested a specific room - one that we had last year that we just loved. They told us no problem; when we called back to add another 2 nights, they told us that the request was in the computer and we would be accomodated. They went so far as to let us know that that particular room was not booked the day that we get there so we could actually check-in as early as we want. We have done this one before and we were pleasantly surprised that we ended up in the location, the building that we wanted but we'll see what happens this time. . .ity is never too early to call and put in your request:)

Hi again,

I didn't know they assigned rooms more than three of four days out. Thought ressies stayed at CRO until three days before arrival. I'm booked for CBR (my second time there) the Weds before Easter until the following Weds. Made my ressies first week of October and at that time also made a couple general requests. CM told me at the time that she thought they would do room assignments in order the reservations were made (earlier the better), provided you made a request along with ressy. This makes sense to me. With regards to the first response to my post, I don't understand why they wouldn't make request since they were booking that far in advance. Have a great time. Thanks.

kevin

I think lots of people just really think faxing requests is the best way to go. When we booked more than a year in advance for our trips, we didn't make any requests since we don't really care where the rooms are for these trips. But they did tell us that if we did think of room requests to call back anytime and they'd be noted. So aside from the fax group, I'm sure lots of people have a room booked, then hear from others to request certain things and then do that closer to the arrival date.

I agree. I also planned on faxing or phoning the resort three days out, hoping for best results. Thanks.

kev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter