Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge

Crockett’s Tavern, Pioneer Hall and Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue will practically be at Reflections, or a very short walk depending on landscaping and other “obstructions.” I wonder whether there will be barriers between there and those lakefront cabins to keep people from wandering over to look in the windows after checking in for HDD.

Fort Wilderness will definitely lose.
Yeah I don’t get the cabins that are presented in the area on the old FW beach. Some are close to water but then the other appear not to be.

Though it does appear to be much less special type of units compared to PVB or CCV.

Yeah I don’t get the cabins that are presented in the area on the old FW beach. Some are close to water but then the other appear not to be.

Though it does appear to be much less special type of units compared to PVB or CCV.

I was not real clear in the previously posted design photo but those appeared to be a different type of unit.

I was not real clear in the previously posted design photo but those appeared to be a different type of unit.
Yeah I saw that too. Just kind of an odd setup being so close to the action and all not lakefront.

Edit: wasn’t this billed as a bunch of mid rise structures? This is just one large mid rise structure it seems

Disney doesn't care about their patrons. Apparently the 'cheap' people at Ft. Wilderness don't pay enough, so, tough luck for them.

Meanwhile, they also appear to have NOT learned their lessons about 'Bungalows' from Polynesian. Just build a ton more of those suckers and when people don't stay in them because they are too point intensive, why just rent them out for cash. It's a Win-Win, for Disney. And tough luck for those stupid, clueless DVC fools who will now have to fight it out for the limited number of DVC units that ARE NOT Bungalows.

Thanks Disney. You make me feel better every single day. Oh, poor Walt. You must be rolling over in your grave.

I realize this sounds dramatic but -

When I read "The Fort Wilderness beach will be replaced by the bungalows" I thought I was literally going to throw up.

I have zero issues (EDIT: few issues is more honest) with life moving on and change but that choice is just G.R.O.S.S. gross. :sad2:

:sad:

Last edited:
I really hope that those houseboats or a frames on the water are more on the cash side then on the DVC side or non existent. But if I do remember correctly when they officially announced reflections they said they had some "special" accommodations in store. I'm thinking the houseboats are it :mad:

I realize this sounds dramatic but -

When I read "The Fort Wilderness beach will be replaced by the bungalows" I thought I was literally going to throw up.

I have zero issues with life moving on and change but that choice is just G.R.O.S.S. gross. :sad2:

:sad:
They are moving the beach to the other side of the boat dock (to the north east). I would suspect the view would be moderately better from that vantage point too.

Disney doesn't care about their patrons. Apparently the 'cheap' people at Ft. Wilderness don't pay enough, so, tough luck for them.

Meanwhile, they also appear to have NOT learned their lessons about 'Bungalows' from Polynesian. Just build a ton more of those suckers and when people don't stay in them because they are too point intensive, why just rent them out for cash. It's a Win-Win, for Disney. And tough luck for those stupid, clueless DVC fools who will now have to fight it out for the limited number of DVC units that ARE NOT Bungalows.

Thanks Disney. You make me feel better every single day. Oh, poor Walt. You must be rolling over in your grave.
Actually, I believe they absolutely learned a very good lesson from the Poly bungalows which is why they built more at Copper Creek and apparently are going to build something similar at Reflections. I agree, however, that Disney cares less about patrons than in the past, though even that is debatable. The focus is on building more resorts and creating new experiences that people want. . .and then sprinkling in just enough pixie dust to stay a step ahead of the competition when it comes to customer service. It's a fine line Disney walks, but given their record-breaking profits, they're pulling it off. Finally, while I don't take it personally, I am one of those DVC "fools." I've owned for nearly 15 years, and overall, I've received fair compensation for my expense. I have no regrets. I will say that future DVC owners will need to keep an eye toward the direction Disney is taking in terms of ownership, such as the new resale restrictions instituted with Riviera. . .not that I think many will. ;)

Here are some pictures of the permit superimposed on Google Maps to show the sheer size of the resort, massive. This is courtesy of WDWMagic Forums on the property.

1557209352076_2.png 1557209281458_2.png

Here is close-up of the pool areas (in purple). That pool areas looks like it's going to be similar in size (if not larger than) SAB. Has a lazy river it appear feeding out of a feature pool
1557235643945.png

There might be a boat dock in the blue area on the image above (gray object jutted out); it looks like maybe they are making the lake a bit larger there (removing land). Also I wonder what they will be doing with the buses at WL/Reflections/FW. Hopefully they don't force all three to share during the down times. Honestly hopefully WL doesn't share with either because Reflections will be overrun with FW and Reflections guests always for its bus transportation.

Hey, there's still room for one more high-rise resort between Reflections and WL! :duck:
Don't be giving them any ideas now. But I'm hoping the trail reopens and connects the two resorts along with the Fort when it's finished. More specifically it be super cool if it was another one along the water connecting the cabins to cabins (of course along with what was the surviving trail).

Don't be giving them any ideas now. But I'm hoping the trail reopens and connects the two resorts along with the Fort when it's finished. More specifically it be super cool if it was another one along the water connecting the cabins to cabins (of course along with what was the surviving trail).
I think they will re-open the biking trail as it would benefit all the resorts and could lead to more money spent at the resorts. I LOVE your idea of a connecting walk between all the resorts--that would be awesome. Of course, that would require spending money on the longer section of undeveloped land between Reflections and the Lodge, but I think that would be a real boon to those looking for a bit more tranquility.

They are moving the beach to the other side of the boat dock (to the north east). I would suspect the view would be moderately better from that vantage point too.

Thank you for explaining. :thumbsup2

It doesn't change much for me. I am saddened that they would choose to encroach so much onto Fort Wilderness property. A new beach doesn't change that.

Also, I get a lot of joy coming around that bend to the FW beach. I like how it all has that slight hidden feel to it. That will end.

I really am a bit crazy about small details. When BLT was built. I hated that you could see it from WL's beach/sightline. That changed a lot for me a la ambience. For some, they might not even notice.

Hey, there's still room for one more high-rise resort between Reflections and WL! :duck:

Sleepy! :scared:

Thank you for explaining. :thumbsup2

It doesn't change much for me. I am saddened that they would choose to encroach so much onto Fort Wilderness property. A new beach doesn't change that.

Also, I get a lot of joy coming around that bend to the FW beach. I like how it all has that slight hidden feel to it. That will end.

I really am a bit crazy about small details. When BLT was built. I hated that you could see it from WL's beach/sightline. That changed a lot for me a la ambience. For some, they might not even notice.

I'm with you! This is one of those decisions that is just plain sad. FW will never ever be the same. :sad1:

And it's a stupid name to boot.

Also I wonder what they will be doing with the buses at WL/Reflections/FW. Hopefully they don't force all three to share during the down times. Honestly hopefully WL doesn't share with either because Reflections will be overrun with FW and Reflections guests always for its bus transportation.

I really hope they don't force all three to share buses for the reasons you mentioned and because of how massive Reflections will be. Isn't it something like 900 rooms? With that size, they should have their own route.

I really hope they don't force all three to share buses for the reasons you mentioned and because of how massive Reflections will be. Isn't it something like 900 rooms? With that size, they should have their own route.
WL is about the same size really when you factor in the cash and two DVC properties so I could see Reflections and FW sharing most times; just leaves it open who will WL share with (CR for most routes as they do for some already?). I hope the boats to MK remain dedicated (most times) and if they combine (as they do during the downtime right now) it will be problematic with three stops (really increases the time) also is the resort boat now going to be 4 hotels? Seems quite a lot of stops (with two of them being on top of each other basically).

Crockett’s Tavern, Pioneer Hall and Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue will practically be at Reflections, or a very short walk depending on landscaping and other “obstructions.” I wonder whether there will be barriers between there and those lakefront cabins to keep people from wandering over to look in the windows after checking in for HDD.

Fort Wilderness will definitely lose — peacefulness and relaxing atmosphere.

According to reliable insiders at WDW Magic, the existing Pioneer Hall and Trail's End building will be demolished and replaced with a new one. I'm sure they will expand the number of tables, etc. Hopefully they can recreate a rustic vibe for the new building and it won't be too modern, but their recent direction with theming doesn't inspire confidence.

According to reliable insiders at WDW Magic, the existing Pioneer Hall and Trail's End building will be demolished and replaced with a new one. I'm sure they will expand the number of tables, etc. Hopefully they can recreate a rustic vibe for the new building and it won't be too modern, but their recent direction with theming doesn't inspire confidence.

Agreed - I don't hold out much hope for it. If they are supplying the appropriate dining options within the rehab center then it shouldn't be necessary to change a thing at Pioneer Hall or Trail's End.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!