Recent UP Show Reviews?

Well, my review is a year old, but compared to Flights of Wonder, this show is a real stinker. Quite a shame too, Flights of Wonder was one of the best shows in all of Disney, and this is easily one of the worst.

Reactions: CJN
We walked by it in May. Looked like the same show. We stopped and watched for a few minutes and then had to leave. It was too painful to watch. The birds were still fun, but the hosts and characters were terrible.

Flights of Wonder was awesome, this new(ish) show is not. The recorded voices make it cringe-y. What IS good is Winged Encounters at the Tree of Life. OMG, so beautiful and the CMs are super knowledgeable about the Macaws. The actual flight is breathtaking. It only lasts about 10 minutes but it's worth making the effort to get over there. Check the times guide.

I really wish they would bring back the Pocahontas show they used to have in AK. Due to the seating you got to get very close to the animals, and we thought it incorporated the a little of the story and the character of Pocahontas beautifully while still putting the emphasis on the animals and the theme of conservation. :)

YES, we loved this show. It was one of the highlights of our AK days.

We never saw the original Flights of Wonder, which I now wish we had, because this seemed very forced.
I never got to see the Original, every time we would go and sit down it would get cancelled due to weather or some other "technical" reason.
From the sounds of it, we won't bother with the new one.

Another it’s horrible vote to add to the tally. There was way too much pointless character dialogue and way too little of the birds. I thought I should judge for myself and it was every bit as painful to watch as people say!

I agree, definitely not a good or even okay change, it was much better before. Not everything needs characters. I read or heard recently somewhere though that they are planning to modify it due to poor guest feedback. I'm hoping they mostly go back to what it was rather than change it again.

the original show was so much better. I was excited to see this one and won't waste time seeing it again.

Am I correct that the latest version is going to be down for a couple of days so that they can revamp it? I'm not sure if I read that on a current thread, or relating to Flights of Wonder. No doubt, they need to redo this one.

the new show is going dark for about a week in september, there is also a casting call for male comedic actor for a new offering at AK so I'm hoping that is part of the revamping

We love animals, so we enjoyed it. Flights of Wonder was better, but if you like birds it's cool.

the new show is going dark for about a week in september, there is also a casting call for male comedic actor for a new offering at AK so I'm hoping that is part of the revamping

Thanks! That explains why there were no FP+s available for the days I'm going to AK. It seemed kind of odd-there were even still Fastpasses available for Flights of Passage, and I know that's way more popular!

Another sad person here. I loved FoW and watched it multiple times each visit. Even though Guana Joe/Jane was a little corny I laughed every time and the birds and their experts were so good. I saw the same CM expert in the new show and she came across so forced and artificial and it made me so sad. Never again unless they fix it.

It's awful, that's the best I can say about it.

It's a shame, it's really the only show on property that I can't sit through

Glad to hear some changes are possibly coming!
DH and I were shocked at how poorly done the new show was done! We couldn’t hear the cast, fewer birds, dull script...just an all-around disappointment in comparison to the original.

We go every time, because we love seeing the birds, but really do not care for this. The script is downright awful.

Another sad person here. I loved FoW and watched it multiple times each visit. Even though Guana Joe/Jane was a little corny I laughed every time and the birds and their experts were so good. I saw the same CM expert in the new show and she came across so forced and artificial and it made me so sad. Never again unless they fix it.

This reminds me of the most perfect "male comedian" that they're looking for. The last time I saw Guana Joe, he was played by a former World Showcase Player. Did a great job, not surprisingly.

I saw it back in June and enjoyed it slightly more, just because of the performance of the main narrator character, but overall I too am sad htat it isn't FoW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!