READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Went to guest services at studios with this very questions. They told me that if I had a reservation for ROR and my dinner was in that time period they would let us board later in the night. This is one person telling me this. So do your own independent asking but...

Also update your MDE (I had not) and it will give you updated estimates of your boarding time.

Great, thank you! We've been wondering how to get an ADR for Brown Derby to enjoy a Cobb Salad and work it around the boarding groups.

Reading all this advice is so helpful! What app do you recommend for testing wifi strength? We will be staying at Pop Century so trying to see if it would be best to be in the room or somewhere else at the resort? Also has anyone had any luck with securing a boarding group a large party? We will be a party of 8 so I'm nervous we won't be able to get one because of this reason.
We had two different trips recently and stayed at Pop both times. (2 people total) One of us would use WiFi while other would use data at 7am... trying at same time. 3 out of 3 times, WiFi at Pop in the room won over data. Each time resulting in boarding group numbers less than ten (#8, #1, #7). Turned off Bluetooth, watched second hand on home screen clock app, counted down last 5 seconds and used AT-AT page. Join, join, join without glancing at anything else.

It depends on your boarding group number. We got group 89 when we logged on at 6:59.59 from our hotel. We spent the whole day in the park and it was after 4 p.m. before our boarding group was called back. I have no idea if there were any break downs that day. We were told there was no way to give an estimate of when our group would be called.
We got BG #92 at 1pm and our group was called at 1:44pm.

You still need to be in the park to try for a BG at 1pm right?

We were in the park this morning but had returned to our resort for lunch at the pool. We were at the pool when I logged into MDE to try and get a BG at 1pm. :)

We had two different trips recently and stayed at Pop both times. (2 people total) One of us would use WiFi while other would use data at 7am... trying at same time. 3 out of 3 times, WiFi at Pop in the room won over data. Each time resulting in boarding group numbers less than ten (#8, #1, #7). Turned off Bluetooth, watched second hand on home screen clock app, counted down last 5 seconds and used AT-AT page. Join, join, join without glancing at anything else.
What is AT-AT page?

So, after several canceled trips, and many months of practicing, today was our day at the Studios!
Too tired to give a full report, and you've probably heard it all before, but I will just say.....Boarding Group 7!!!
(It was awesome)! Thanks to everyone for the tips and tricks!
FYI if you're in the park before official opening and have an early boarding group, be prepared. We were called at 8:30 (9:00 opening) and didn't realize it. Made it on with 10 minutes to spare.

So, after several canceled trips, and many months of practicing, today was our day at the Studios!
Too tired to give a full report, and you've probably heard it all before, but I will just say.....Boarding Group 7!!!
(It was awesome)! Thanks to everyone for the tips and tricks!
FYI if you're in the park before official opening and have an early boarding group, be prepared. We were called at 8:30 (9:00 opening) and didn't realize it. Made it on with 10 minutes to spare.
Just curious, how strictly is the boarding time followed?

Just curious, how strictly is the boarding time followed?
If you miss your BG time you may ask to ride but there is no guarantee it will be allowed. The one exception to this is if you have a dining reservation. If you show your receipt they will normally allow guests to ride.

Just tried practicing for my trip next week and failed because I played around with the rest of my family that wasn’t pre-selected. Will not even bother with that when I practice again tomorrow.
My question is should I also have my son and wife logged in to my MDE app on their phones and trying on the day we visit or does that create issues?

I also was practicing this morning for an upcoming trip. Not all of my party was selected, so I took time to select everyone. Is that necessary, or should I just hit join without everyone selected?

I’m hoping today was just worse because it’s 5/4. We didn’t practice beforehand (meant to), but don’t think it mattered. I hit join a few seconds before 7, it turned to 7 as it was losing. I got to the screen that had my party listed but then got the read pop up that said all groups gone. That couldn’t have been more than 2-3 seconds after 7:00.
Followed all the other advice too (WiFi & Bluetooth off, restarted phone, all other apps closed), we had pretty strong data signals on our balcony at Wilderness but oh well. We’ll try at 1:00 and we at least have one more DHS day.

Just tried practicing for my trip next week and failed because I played around with the rest of my family that wasn’t pre-selected. Will not even bother with that when I practice again tomorrow.
My question is should I also have my son and wife logged in to my MDE app on their phones and trying on the day we visit or does that create issues?
Correct, don’t stop to select or unselect anyone. On the day of, everyone with a park pass will be automatically selected.
Yes you can have multiple people logged into one account and yes it should increase your chances. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter