READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your BG was called at 8:30. . .1/2 hour before the park opened? For those of us struggling to make it there by rope drop (i.e. Skyliner etc), that's really not cool.
Not sure it is a real issue in that you still have a full hour to return for your BG. The BG just start's boarding at the time. For example no BGs had started by 8:30 AM today.

It really depends on the attractions startup for the day and how it decides to operate on any given day of operations.

Dave

Can a disney travel agent get our boarding pass for Rise for our december visit to HS or do we have to get them on our HS day?
BG's are issued the day of at 7AM and 1PM. You will need to try to get these for yourself that day.

You will also want to practice often prior to your day so that you are familiar with the steps. Boarding Groups are currently filling in only a few seconds at both daily drops.

Your BG was called at 8:30. . .1/2 hour before the park opened? For those of us struggling to make it there by rope drop (i.e. Skyliner etc), that's really not cool.
BG #1-13 were called around 8:30am on Wed morning. I didn't notice that our group had been called until 8:39. I asked the CM what time they first started calling BGs and she said 8:30 or 8:35. We were done with the ride by 8:56, before the park opened.

I think I just found my answer somewhere else.... just deleting the question... thanks.

Last edited:
Quick question.... sorry... just don't have time to read through almost a thousand pages of posts. :crazy2:
I know things have changed..... and you don't have to actually be in the park... but .....
Do you have to have entered the park to be able to try for a boarding pass at 1pm?
I have a park reservation for Studios on the day of arrival. I am flying in... landing at 11am ..... so actually entering the park by 1pm should be do-able...... but may be cutting it close. If I don't make it to the park before 1p, can I still try for a boarding pass?
Unfortunately no. In order to try for a BG at 1PM a guest must have a park reservation and have tapped into the park.

I have seen others post here that you still have an hour from official park opening. In my own experience, about a month ago my BG was called at about 8:30am with an official 9:00am park open. We arrived at RotR at almost 10:30 and when we told the CM we were late, he responded, “No you’re not!” and motioned for us to enter the line.

Hello all of you ROTR experts! We'll be at the Boardwalk in June and I'm wondering if anyone here has gotten a boarding group from there, or something similar. I'll be trying to get it at the 7:00 slot, and was wondering where would be the best place to do it: the room, lobby, outside?? Does it matter? I have two Star Wars fans with me and they realllllllly want to ride this, so I'm putting out feelers for the process. I've watched umpteen Youtube videos on HOW to get the boarding group, but it doesn't look like there are a whole lot out there on where to do it, etc. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

When this same ride opened in Disneyland, I tried and tried and tried to get the boarding pass but couldn't get it despite being inside the park by rope drop.

Can many of you RotR experts that have not only gotten the 1st boarding groups of the day but have rode the ride a million times share a "best practices" link or post that would give me the best chance to get a boarding pass for this ride?

Do I have to physically be in the Hollywood Studios park in order to get a boarding pass for the ride?

or

Can I just be connected to my Cell Phone connection to make the request?s

Given that I may not be back in Disneyworld or Disneyland for another year after our upcoming Summer trip to Orlando, I really want to get onto this ride. Any suggestions would be helpful.

When this same ride opened in Disneyland, I tried and tried and tried to get the boarding pass but couldn't get it despite being inside the park by rope drop.

Can many of you RotR experts that have not only gotten the 1st boarding groups of the day but have rode the ride a million times share a "best practices" link or post that would give me the best chance to get a boarding pass for this ride?

Do I have to physically be in the Hollywood Studios park in order to get a boarding pass for the ride?

or

Can I just be connected to my Cell Phone connection to make the request?s

Given that I may not be back in Disneyworld or Disneyland for another year after our upcoming Summer trip to Orlando, I really want to get onto this ride. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Posts 1 and 2 of this thread should have the info you need. The best advice is be fast, click JOIN JOIN JOIN on the three screens you encounter – and do not stop to read anything.

But to answer your specific questions:

1) No, you do not need to be inside DHS for the morning drop. In fact, the 7 a.m. BG distribution is BEFORE the park opens, most days. You DO need a park reservation for that day, though. For the 1 p.m. drop, as stated a few posts earlier, you must have tapped into the park.
2) Wi-fi, cell phone data – both have been successful.

We went to HS today. Despite the fact that I’ve been practicing for a boarding group for almost 2 weeks, I almost forgot to do it this morning. Almost! Thank goodness, it popped into my head at 6:55am. I managed to snag BG 2!! :worship:
I used cellular (not WiFi) and hit the join button right at 6:59:59 (used time.gov on my iPad). Our BG was called at 8:40 am and we walked in at 9:40. It was a literal walk on. No wait inside at all.

A group stopped in front of the entrance, while we were walking over, and only then did they realize they couldn’t just walk onto the ride. As a massively type A person, I was blown away by that. It’s hard for me to remember that not everyone does an excessive amount of research & planning. 😅

We went to HS today. Despite the fact that I’ve been practicing for a boarding group for almost 2 weeks, I almost forgot to do it this morning. Almost! Thank goodness, it popped into my head at 6:55am. I managed to snag BG 2!! :worship:
I used cellular (not WiFi) and hit the join button right at 6:59:59 (used time.gov on my iPad). Our BG was called at 8:40 am and we walked in at 9:40. It was a literal walk on. No wait inside at all.

A group stopped in front of the entrance, while we were walking over, and only then did they realize they couldn’t just walk onto the ride. As a massively type A person, I was blown away by that. It’s hard for me to remember that not everyone does an excessive amount of research & planning. 😅
Wow, Group 2! Way to go :) Can I ask, were you at the hotel still when you tried for the boarding group?

Hello all of you ROTR experts! We'll be at the Boardwalk in June and I'm wondering if anyone here has gotten a boarding group from there, or something similar. I'll be trying to get it at the 7:00 slot, and was wondering where would be the best place to do it: the room, lobby, outside?? Does it matter? I have two Star Wars fans with me and they realllllllly want to ride this, so I'm putting out feelers for the process. I've watched umpteen Youtube videos on HOW to get the boarding group, but it doesn't look like there are a whole lot out there on where to do it, etc. Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Yes, you can get a BG from inside your room at BW. We got them on 2 separate mornings in December from BWV. Many here on this thread will suggest that you test your download speeds with Wi-Fi vs. cellular, in different locations inside your room, outside on the balcony, etc., but we didn't do any of those things and were successful. We've also been successful at an offsite resort, inside our room.

Do a speed test on your device from your room using both Disney wifi and cellular. We found the wifi to be significantly faster than our LTE. You can also try it from the lobby, which should have really good wifi, if your room isn't good enough.

In Nov we had boarding group 6 and only had half an hour return time from park opening (10 am), which was surprising as I thought we would have the first hour of opening. We managed to reach the ride towards the end of that time. The ride broke down and we didn’t get called again until after 1 pm. We were eating lunch and then restrooms nearby had a wait as well so we rode at around 2:30 pm.

From in room, the WiFi worked better. In the park my screen just froze (while waiting for oga’s cantina).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter