READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I search the whole 968 pages of the thread but didn't find an answer.. so here goes my question:

Do I NEED to have a valid park pass for the DHS to get a BG or have a park pass for other parks but have a park hopper pass so I can go after 2 pm if my boarding time is very late??
You must have a park reservation for DHS on the day you want to get a BG.

At 7AM all you need to have is the DHS park reservation to try to get a BG.

At 1PM you need to have a DHS park reservation AND have tapped into DHS to try for a BG.

Hope this helps.

Oh wow. I was tired and neglected to test my tablet on wifi so I could run time.gov on it. I couldn't connect it for some reason. At Kidani, stepped onto balcony, had nothing other than my phone time. Maybe at 6:59:30-ish I hit join on the AtAt and just kept refreshing the next page. I didn't have anything to read seconds on due to my failure to fully execute my plan lol

BG 3.

I guess I better get the crew up and moving.

Samsung S10 T-mobile with only 3 bars. I thought I was doomed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210502-070045_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20210502-070045_Disney World.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 22
When you practice at home, do you use WIFI at your home or use the mobile data? I have noticed a difference between the two connections.

Also, what to do when your boarding time is in conflict with your ADR or Savi's workshop appointment?

Last edited:
When you practice at home, do you use WIFI at your home or use the mobile data? I have noticed a difference between the two connections.

Also, what to do when your boarding time is in conflict with your ADR or Savi's workshop appointment?
I don’t worry about network when practicing. Just check network speeds on both about 10 minutes before 7 on your actual day and go with whichever is faster.

several have reported that if there’s a reservation conflict, do the reservation first then head to RotR, let them know you had a reservation conflict.

So sorry, sure this has been covered before. I've been trying to "practice" at home. Both times, I click join three times and it takes me to a screen that says I don't have a valid park admission. What does that mean as far as practicing goes?

So sorry, sure this has been covered before. I've been trying to "practice" at home. Both times, I click join three times and it takes me to a screen that says I don't have a valid park admission. What does that mean as far as practicing goes?
You were successful!

Oh wow. I was tired and neglected to test my tablet on wifi so I could run time.gov on it. I couldn't connect it for some reason. At Kidani, stepped onto balcony, had nothing other than my phone time. Maybe at 6:59:30-ish I hit join on the AtAt and just kept refreshing the next page. I didn't have anything to read seconds on due to my failure to fully execute my plan lol

BG 3.

I guess I better get the crew up and moving.

Samsung S10 T-mobile with only 3 bars. I thought I was doomed.
Great job! Now the rest of your crew has to race. I can’t think of better motivation to get dressed and get to the park.

So disappointed that we didn’t get a boarding pass today. We are staying at the Yacht Club and I ran the speed test and it looked good. We had time.gov open and hit the join button on time. It spun for longer than I thought it should. And then it was full. It had to be less than a few seconds before it was full. This is our fourth time staying at the Yacht Club since October and we have failed every time. :)

I have one more chance on Wednesday.

Reading all this advice is so helpful! What app do you recommend for testing wifi strength? We will be staying at Pop Century so trying to see if it would be best to be in the room or somewhere else at the resort? Also has anyone had any luck with securing a boarding group a large party? We will be a party of 8 so I'm nervous we won't be able to get one because of this reason.
Don’t worry about the size of your party. We had 6 people a couple of weeks ago and got a BG 3/3 days at 7am. We had 3 people trying all on the same account.

So disappointed that we didn’t get a boarding pass today. We are staying at the Yacht Club and I ran the speed test and it looked good. We had time.gov open and hit the join button on time. It spun for longer than I thought it should. And then it was full. It had to be less than a few seconds before it was full. This is our fourth time staying at the Yacht Club since October and we have failed every time. :)

Try at 1pm-lots of people have had success then.

Last edited:

As long as you have tapped into DHS by 1PM you can try again then! As @EEPETEZ mentioned, many are successful at 1PM getting a BG!!

I have been practicing at home using LTE. T-Mobile is HORRIBLE at my home and I have super-fast WiFi (400 Mbps), so I use LTE to simulate challenging conditions that we might face while staying at the resorts. My personal philosophy is to challenge yourself and if you are successful under worse conditions, then you will likely have success when it counts. For what it's worth, I have never failed to get a BG using the AT-AT method at exactly 7:00:00 utilizing time.gov.

Were you using LTE or WiFi? We stayed at the Yacht Club last month and I opted to use the hotel's WiFi after doing a speed test and discovering that their ping rate was much faster than with my LTE (T-Mobile).

Good luck and since you're going on Wednesday...beware of the Revenge of the Fifth.

Were you using LTE or WiFi? We stayed at the Yacht Club last month and I opted to use the hotel's WiFi after doing a speed test and discovering that their ping rate was much faster than with my LTE (T-Mobile).

We used the resort wifi after doing a speed test. :) But this was the first time I had done this at the YC. The other three times I used LTE never realizing how much slower it was.

When I successively got a boarding group at 1pm today I did two things differently. First I walked around the pool area until I found good wifi, and then I only used one cellphone logged into the MDE account, instead of having both of us try. I know that people are able to get boarding groups by having multiple people logged in, but I don't think that was working for us. We each have own own MDE accounts.

The ride was great and worth dragging ourselves away from the pool. They skipped one of the elements of the ride, but the rest was normal. :)

So, there are currently two times to sign on to the app to get a chance to get into a boarding group, morning and afternoon. My question is, if you sign in in the morning, I assume that if you get into a boarding group, it would be over and done with by what time...1:30, and you won't get a time in the afternoon, if there are no breakdowns or anything.. The reason I'm asking is, if we sign in at 7am from our hotel room, and make it to the Studios for opening...can we safely make an ADR for Brown Derby around 1:30 or 2pm? How do you plan table service meal seating ADRs around RotR Boarding?

That's one nice thing about the FP+ system, you could plan around meals. With these boarding groups, is it more difficult?

Thanks..

It depends on your boarding group number. We got group 89 when we logged on at 6:59.59 from our hotel. We spent the whole day in the park and it was after 4 p.m. before our boarding group was called back. I have no idea if there were any break downs that day. We were told there was no way to give an estimate of when our group would be called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter