READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I tried it this morning, while I was picking my party, it said it was ful, am I missing something? I have to wait till 7am in the app, refresh so it says join, then pick my party hopefully before it fills up, is that correct?
You don’t need to pick your party. I’d suggest reading the last few pages of this thread. All the tips have been explained here many times.

Well it made me pick my party. I will go back and read the thread.
Were you practicing or do you have park reservations for today?

If you are practicing and do not have park reservations, it will ask you to pick a party. After you it join, if spots are still available, you will get a screen about you (and/or any one you picked) not have a reservation for today and get asked to remove those guests.

If however today is your "go live" date and you have park reservations, you and all of your linked family and friends with reservations TODAY, will be preselected.

Were you practicing or do you have park reservations for today?

If you are practicing and do not have park reservations, it will ask you to pick a party. After you it join, if spots are still available, you will get a screen about you (and/or any one you picked) not have a reservation for today and get asked to remove those guests.

If however today is your "go live" date and you have park reservations, you and all of your linked family and friends with reservations TODAY, will be preselected.
ah okay, yes, today was a practice day. just wanted to start figuring out how it works.

It's a "Star Wars thing." AT-AT = All Terrain Armored Transport (they're the mechanical "walkers" debuted in Empire Strikes Back).

View attachment 560115

Scroll down to find this picture on the MDE app home page:
View attachment 560113

The "join" button below that image is what you're looking for. That's what people mean when they refer to joining from the "AT-AT" page.
Thank you so much for explaining. I tried again this morning and got the too far screen! 😀

ah okay, yes, today was a practice day. just wanted to start figuring out how it works.
The very best way you can practice is to read the first couple of posts in this thread. They are a wealth of information!

When you practice next time, and the next, and the next, just hit Join, Join, Join! Getting your muscle memory tuned up is a great help for getting a BG although sometimes it just doesn't work. Demand is still very, very high for this ride!

Hello! I couldn't find a clear answer on this regarding friends and family. I assume there will be no issue with the app auto selecting everyone the day of my park reservation. I understand that I can have a CM fix my boarding group if for some reason not everyone is selected, but would like to know for my own sanity.

Here is what I see in the WDW app under My Profile > Family & Friends List:

We're Planning Together
- Me
- Person #2
- Person #3 (says under their name "Plans Managed by Person #2")
- Person #4 (says under their name "Plans Managed by Person #2")

My Other Family & Friends
- Person #5 (says under their name "Plans Managed by Person #2")
- Person #6 (says under their name "Plans Managed by Person #2")

I was able to make dining reservations for all 6 of us so I know i can at least manage everyone's plans.
I'm mostly concerned to know if the boarding group will auto-select Persons 5 and 6 that are listed under "My Other Family & Friends"?

I believe they are listed separately because they are in our 2nd room and the room is reserved to Person #6.

Other details to note are that only Person #2 and myself have created a WDW account. Person #2 was the one that made all the original reservations and was able to make all payments for both rooms and all tickets through their account. However Person #6 is receiving emails about their room.

Both Person #2 and myself plan on trying for a BG for everyone through our separate WDW accounts in the app.

Last edited:
Hello! I couldn't find a clear answer on this regarding friends and family. I assume there will be no issue with the app auto selecting everyone the day of my park reservation. I understand that I can have a CM fix my boarding group if for some reason not everyone is selected, but would like to know for my own sanity.

Here is what I see in the WDW app under My Profile > Family & Friends List:

We're Planning Together
- Me
- Person #2
- Person #3 (says under their name "Plans Managed by Person #2")
- Person #4 (says under their name "Plans Managed by Person #2")

My Other Family & Friends
- Person #5 (says under their name "Plans Managed by Person #2")
- Person #6 (says under their name "Plans Managed by Person #2")

I was able to make dining reservations for all 6 of us so I know i can at least manage everyone's plans.
I'm mostly concerned to know if the boarding group will auto-select Persons 5 and 6 that are listed under "My Other Family & Friends"?

I believe they are listed separately because they are in our 2nd room and the room is reserved to Person #6.

Other details to note are that only Person #2 and myself have created a WDW account. Person #2 was the one that made all the original reservations and was able to make all payments for both rooms and all tickets through their account. However Person #6 is receiving emails about their room.

Both Person #2 and myself plan on trying for a BG for everyone through our separate WDW accounts in the app.
Yes, the day of your park reservations all of you should be listed when you attempt to get a BG but you won't want to take the time to stop and check, just keep clicking Join as quickly as you can.

Please take the time to read posts 1 and 2 as this and many more questions should be answered there.

Yes, the day of your park reservations all of you should be listed when you attempt to get a BG but you won't want to take the time to stop and check, just keep clicking Join as quickly as you can.

Please take the time to read posts 1 and 2 as this and many more questions should be answered there.
As a moderator, are you able to edit posts 1 and 2? It would be nice to include the information about not selecting the party and what happens during practice vs actual day of. That seems to be the most commonly asked question and it’s not covered. There is also a lot of out of date information that could be removed / updated. Just a thought!

thank you for confirming.

I didn’t see where posts 1 & 2 notes that people listed under “My Other Family & Friends” are treated the same as those listed under “We're Planning Together”.

I had a successful 1:00pm test-join today. As usual, I tracked time.gov through 12:59:59 and then banged through Join-Join-Join. The "Loading..." took longer than I remembered and it looked like failure was coming, except I did get the "Just a moment" screen. (Didn't that used to say "Not so fast"? I guess that was edited for sounding too confrontational.) Also I forgot to use the Naval Observatory online clock, which someone upthread had recommended. Need to try that one next time.

Wow, we are here now and I usually get in. I hit join and it to me to a page that described the ride. I was so mad. Other 2 of my group tried but none of us got in. That was a first. Now moving to Epcot for the day.
Thats what it did to me the other day!

We will be flying in on 7/23 from NJ. Can we make a HS park reservation for that day and try to get a boarding pass while still in NJ? Our flight takes iff just after 7AM, I heard you may need to be in the Orlando area to get a boarding pass.

We will be flying in on 7/23 from NJ. Can we make a HS park reservation for that day and try to get a boarding pass while still in NJ? Our flight takes iff just after 7AM, I heard you may need to be in the Orlando area to get a boarding pass.
Yes you can. There is no location check - as long as you have a park reservation you can try for a BG.

Yes you can. There is no location check - as long as you have a park reservation you can try for a BG.
The only challenge may be that depending on what BG you get at 7am, it may be called before you arrive.

Do you anticipate being in DHS by 1:00? If so, you may wish to wait and try to get a 1pm BG.

Last edited:
Others have definitely reported scoring a boarding pass while waiting to board an airplane! Good luck!

We will arrive just after 10 AM. If we miss our time, can we come to the park and try again for the 1PM slots, or does the missed slot count as your ride for the day? This ride is my number one priority for the week. Trying to get as many chances at a BG as possible. Thank you for the quick replies!

We will arrive just after 10 AM. If we miss our time, can we come to the park and try again for the 1PM slots, or does the missed slot count as your ride for the day? This ride is my number one priority for the week. Trying to get as many chances at a BG as possible. Thank you for the quick replies!
It's 1 BG per day. Unfortunately if you miss your BG time you are not eligible to retry at 1pm. My understanding is that even if you are successful at 7am and then cancel that reservation, you will not be eligible to try again at 1pm. If this is incorrect, someone please correct me.

Your flight lands just after 10AM? If so, baring problems you could be in the park by 1pm.

It all depends on how the ride is running and lately it seems to be running well. At 3:15 today they're already up to BG 109! Totally your call on this one.

It's 1 BG per day. Unfortunately if you miss your BG time you are not eligible to retry at 1pm.

Your flight lands just after 10AM? If so, baring problems you should be in the park by 1pm.

It all depends on how the ride is running and lately it seems to be running well. At 3:15 today they're already up to BG 109! Totally your call on this one.
If you try for a BG and get an early time, I believe you can drop it , right? But not sure if that would free up trying at 1pm or not...

It's 1 BG per day. Unfortunately if you miss your BG time you are not eligible to retry at 1pm. My understanding is that even if you are successful at 7am and then cancel that reservation, you will not be eligible to try again at 1pm. If this is incorrect, someone please correct me.

Your flight lands just after 10AM? If so, baring problems you could be in the park by 1pm.

Good Point. We have park hoppers so I could easily forgo HS if we miss either time. The only issue would be is having to visit HS and leave at 2 PM to visit another park. RotR is worth the effort for me. Now the wife might not see it that way :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter